BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Which bike do you regret selling?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 12 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm going to regret selling my crossrunner (up for sale at the moment) but the draw of banked over wheelies out of bends on the new MT09 has proved too much of a draw. Should never have ridden one. Ugly ass thing but such a giggle.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 13 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgm wrote:
I know I'm going to regret selling my crossrunner (up for sale at the moment) but the draw of banked over wheelies out of bends on the new MT09 has proved too much of a draw. Should never have ridden one. Ugly ass thing but such a giggle.

sounds like a licence killer Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:56 - 14 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old Aprilia RS125, I spent an age polishing the frame and swing arm and it was very clean and a good runner too. Damn it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 14 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

my honda groms, regretted it so much had to buy a 2022 model and am still with it!

ive had every model of honda grom and the 2022 model is definitely the best model, the 5th gear, oil sight glass and an actual oil filter make a nice difference, now honda just need to make a 250cc version

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:25 - 17 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one, especially when I consider what they fetch now. It was pretty much mint.

https://i.ibb.co/BTtkBsY/YPVSweb.jpg

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 17 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
The only one I regret is the little 100cc "Honda" Win I rode around SE Asia. It was objectively terrible by any measure, vibey, terrible brakes, not particularly comfy, flat out about 45mph with me and all my stuff.

But it was so god damn tough. God knows what its previous history was, or how old it was, but it hadn't had an easy life, and it didn't get one from me either. I bottomed out the front suspension hundreds of times. Rode it on every possible kind of road/trail surface. Ragged the crap out of it everywhere. Snapped most of the front mudguard off and kicked the front sprocket cover off while offroading. Permanently overloaded it with all my rucksacks and my 6'4 frame. It never missed a beat.

I really considered getting it shipped back to the UK. But there were way too many potential problems with getting it registered etc., and it would probably have been terrifying with UK traffic. I still miss you Pooey! (like "Winnie the Pooh", "Pooey the Win", geddit?)

https://zendog888.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/muddywin.jpg

I take it you bought that at Superbikefactory? Sorry Superbikefactory, only kidding.

Blah blah
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:51 - 18 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Benelli 125 2C, with some period mods (spannies, clip ons etc) and some less period mods.

I bought it because I'd been racing a classic 50 and this was going to be a road going homage to the race bike, however I then moved to the end of the Country for work and had nowhere to store it so I sold it.

I realised that I'd made a mistake and tried to buy it back but he'd already stripped it for parts Sad

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely my old ZX10.

1989, bought it as a rat, made a few modifications here and there. Eventually bought an old CBR750 and decided to sell it. The guy that bought it said it felt like he was travelling through time on the M6 when he opened it up.

Missed it ever since, it was an absolute monster of a bike. Would recommend one to anyone learning to ride, it's a bike that fights back Laughing

Ended up getting bits chopped off here and there and called Warpig, but I thought it was pretty cool when I had it.

https://bikepics.com/CI/picture_upload/photo/bikepics-2823422-full.jpg

https://bikepics.com/CI/picture_upload/photo/bikepics-2823423-full.jpg

I was MrDunkable in a previous life. Then questioned why I was the one being dunked...

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 12 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm selling the Striple at the moment. But one of the first people to contact me was the guy I bought it off. He wants it back. Badly. Says he's regretted selling it since the day I came to get it. So much so, he's coming to get it tomorrow. I love the idea that I get to give him back "the one that got away". Very Happy

With all the tales of regret on this thread, it's nice to be reminded that maybe, just maybe, you'll be scrolling the classifieds one day...

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 12 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2009 Street Triple 675, wish I'd held onto it and just set money aside for proper Triumph servicing, never rode right after recovery and new stator, ridden the new 765 and doesn't have the 'fits like a glove' feel I got from the 675.

Other than that I really don't regret selling any of the others, current Fazer(s) do everything I could ask barring the madness of the Triumph on a sunny evening.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 12 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dextersaurus wrote:
Definitely my old ZX10.

1989, bought it as a rat, made a few modifications here and there. Eventually bought an old CBR750 and decided to sell it. The guy that bought it said it felt like he was travelling through time on the M6 when he opened it up.

Missed it ever since, it was an absolute monster of a bike. Would recommend one to anyone learning to ride, it's a bike that fights back Laughing

Ended up getting bits chopped off here and there and called Warpig, but I thought it was pretty cool when I had it.

Warpig? did you sell it to a guy from essex called Ade? if so its still on the road last i head from him (although hes also got a zzr1400 now so maybe the zx10 doesnt quite teleport him as much as it used to. Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 12 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold the Striple to a man with a shit eating grin, the like of which I haven't seen in quite a while. Felt good. Very Happy

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 12 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
dextersaurus wrote:
Definitely my old ZX10.

Warpig? did you sell it to a guy from essex called Ade? if so its still on the road last i head from him (although hes also got a zzr1400 now so maybe the zx10 doesnt quite teleport him as much as it used to. Laughing

Nah I think the guy was from Manchester or somewhere around that neck of the woods but I've seen it up on facebook for sale a few times since.

Had the back end chopped down and a some kind of mesh wrapped around the front but that would've been a good couple years ago.

I spent a fair bit of time and effort on that bike, swapping out bits from other bikes. Would love to be a fly on the wall for them trying to find brake pads for it Laughing

I was MrDunkable in a previous life. Then questioned why I was the one being dunked...

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dextersaurus wrote:

Nah I think the guy was from Manchester or somewhere around that neck of the woods but I've seen it up on facebook for sale a few times since.

Had the back end chopped down and a some kind of mesh wrapped around the front but that would've been a good couple years ago.

I spent a fair bit of time and effort on that bike, swapping out bits from other bikes. Would love to be a fly on the wall for them trying to find brake pads for it Laughing

ah i may be the same bike im thinking of or maybe another big il4 rat with that nickname.

I know what you mean about parts though, I'm in a similar boat with mine, ive got the service manuals to 4 bikes saved on my laptop to help me keep her on the road. Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Snorty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 14 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

TZR 125, would've been a nice project now I've got a bit of space for it!

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 14 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorty wrote:
TZR 125, would've been a nice project now I've got a bit of space for it!

my first and most fun bike. i wish i had got to try the 250.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 280 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2