Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2022

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked that in the Casey Stoner era, Ducati MotoGP bikes were all sleek and slippery, they looked beautiful (even if Stoner was the only one who could ride it).

Now Ducati's MotoGP bikes look like Frankenstein's monster, all odd wings and strange lumps, an ugly face and a weird stance. I really love them for how obviously designed purely by engineers and purely for function they are. And you can't deny the effectiveness (since now Fabio is the only one who can beat them).

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 19 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Interestingly (or not) one of the winged beasts lost one last race and it didn't appear to effect their lap times.

Like it (or not) they've introduced a chicane on the long run down to turn 3 at Austria. Can see it being good for overtakes at the very least.

355mm brake discs for this weekend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fahr_FtUsAEZonf?format=jpg&name=small

News just in is that Sprint Races are a strong possibility for next year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 19 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great seeing Rory Skinner having a go at moto 2. I've been following him since he was 14 up at Knockhill. He's doing well in the BSB for a new rider to the series. Hope he can get a full time ride in Moto 2 or 3. The boy is talented.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 19 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Yes he's talented but will that be enough. The middleweight class is arguably the toughest and full of ex world champions. He has to not end up like a McPhee.
Wish him a good finish and make it onto the first timing screen then all things being well he'll finish top3 in BSB and get a ride next year.

Like the cut of his jib. Moto2 ride or he shouldn't bother.

I know this is pathetic and shallow and almost certainly to get karma hurt yet I've been relentless posting new and interesting info in MotoGP threads for years, a thumbs up wouldn't go un-noticed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 22 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Poor Suzuki

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fax4yB8X0AEbUaE?format=jpg&name=medium

Did Honda score any points?

*Mir. Off throttle highside. Broken bits of bone in his feet.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:17 - 22 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's gonna feel sore in the morning.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 23 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's missing the next race at San Marino.

Wonder if Silvan Guintoli (test rider and Endurance racer) is fit enough to ride after his wrist injury.

Nope.

Last edited by Howling Terror on 19:04 - 25 Aug 2022; edited 1 time in total

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 25 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cvx4fb

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbfvHbZXoAQng67?format=jpg&name=medium
He's back on a bike (600).

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

I do like Matt Oxley. I remember reading an article he'd written in Bike years ago about his experience trying one of Mick Doohan's (I think) NSR500s. He said the power delivery was a like a Rottweiler tearing apart a pack of bunnies. He also said the steering damper was so stiff he could barely move the bars, so after one lap he came into the pits and asked them to back it off. The engineer reluctantly took one click off and sent him back out. This lap resulted in a high frequency tank slapper, so he came straight back in and had them put it back to impossibly stiff again... Shocked

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, he's a true independent journo and with proper racing experience which gives his views some heft.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:00 - 04 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Lorenzo it appears J.M is doing really well on his way out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fbvz4xuXEAIVYJJ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Welcome to the Ducati Cup.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fbu6bfYWAAM1MvZ?format=png&name=4096x4096

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Like Lorenzo it appears J.M is doing really well on his way out.

This post did not age well, sadly, with him crashing out almost immediately. Crying or Very sad

I think Ducati are going to be pleased with Bastianini if that result is anything to go by though. I really had visions of him "doing an Iannone", and taking out Pecco on the last lap, like Iannone did to Dovi back in the day. Thankfully they both managed to avoid that fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQRXSa5kaMQ

Speaking of which, I am going to miss Dovi. He isn't competitive anymore sadly, but he was always a proper professional. Like in the above clip, when most riders would have been calling Iannone all the names under the sun, he just picks up the bike and pushes it to the line for what few points he can salvage. What a pro. Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

@zen I know...it's the curse of the happy amateur bike fan.

It'll be interesting (and by eck motogp needs it this season) to see if the flyaways give JM another well deserved win and/or some overtaking.

MM is back on a GP bike and wasn't shockingly good or bad during today's test.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fb_NPVnXEAMdwhP?format=png&name=900x900

I liked the cut of Dovi too...he was the Pedrosa of his time challenging the seemingly unchallengeable.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:22 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:

I think Ducati are going to be pleased with Bastianini if that result is anything to go by though. I really had visions of him "doing an Iannone", and taking out Pecco on the last lap, like Iannone did to Dovi back in the day. Thankfully they both managed to avoid that fate.

You'd think so wouldn't you, but apparently not, the Ducati CEO has had a go at him saying he "risked too much" in trying to win a race

https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/motogp/%E2%80%9Che-risked-too-much-we-don%E2%80%99t-it%E2%80%9D-ducati-boss-critical-bastianini

So they sign Bastianini with the intention he can win races, then moan when he tries to win a race, before he has even raced in the factory team, you really couldn't make it up

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
It'll be interesting (and by eck motogp needs it this season) to see if the flyaways give JM another well deserved win and/or some overtaking.

MM is back on a GP bike and wasn't shockingly good or bad during today's test.

I'm actually quite enjoying this season to be honest. It's got a slightly "david and goliath" feel, with FQ absolutely riding the wheels off the bike (look at the rest of the Yamahas) and hoping pure skill and consistency will retain him the title against a whole pack of Ducatis tripping over each other to catch him. As for MM, I think he's either going to be back to the front in fairly short order (he's already faster than his brother it seems!) or he'll just retire. It'd be a sad end for him if he left, but he's never going to be happy making up the numbers.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
You'd think so wouldn't you, but apparently not, the Ducati CEO has had a go at him saying he "risked too much" in trying to win a race

That makes no bloody sense. Are they employing a racer or a driving instructor?

rpsmith79 wrote:
So they sign Bastianini with the intention he can win races, then moan when he tries to win a race, before he has even raced in the factory team, you really couldn't make it up

Totally agree. He's not even on their team yet, he's there to do a job for Gresini. So while it was certainly sensible (especially long term) for Bastianini to keep it clean vs Ducati, he's well within his rights to be as aggressive as he wants if he thinks he can win.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 13 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Marquez is back for the weekend. Good stuff.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 13 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^If he can ride the way he wants it will be one of motorsports biggest comebacks. I didn't know that his arm was out of whack by 34 degrees. Shocked

Apparently his dad has had a word with him.

Looking forward to Aragon. Thumbs Up

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 14 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Looking forward to Aragon. Thumbs Up

If it's anything like last year we're in for a cracker. Very Happy

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 14 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might help to fix the Ducati traffic jam too.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 15 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc said he probably won't do all the races and rates his chances of a podium this weekend as 1%.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 15 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Marc said he probably won't do all the races and rates his chances of a podium this weekend as 1%.

I'd say a top 10 would be an encouraging sign to be honest. Even if Marquez was 100% competitive, the Honda isn't. I think their best result this year is a 3rd by Pol at Qatar, and without Marquez they're usually outside the top 10.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 18 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well bloody hell. Marquez has unintentionally opened up the championship again. Bastianini has thrown the gauntlet down showing he's not going be second rider at Ducati next year without a fight (and he's not going to be cowed by the Ducati CEO either). Seeing Bagnaia and Bastianini in the same team next year looks like fireworks.

Terrible return for Marquez though (and a bad day for FQ) but not really the fault of either of them. Podium for Espargero too, and 2 points for Cal Crutchlow on his return. I enjoyed. Very Happy

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 18 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed that race....shame about the start.

“I lost the rear in Turn 3 and Fabio made contact. When I engaged the holeshot device later in the lap, the bike locked and moved to the left because there was a piece of Fabio’s bike in the rear. It’s really unlucky and I want to apologize to both Taka and Fabio.”

Most of the shuffling for 2023 has been done.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fc8JF5nX0AA17Xk?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Ouch

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fc8SzBqXoAQsGf5?format=jpg&name=medium

More ouch

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fc9BlDSXEAAStNg?format=jpg&name=medium

Rider standings by MotoVisualized.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdG7HSJXoAEIs38?format=png&name=4096x4096

Last edited by Howling Terror on 16:30 - 20 Sep 2022; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 191 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4