Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to why so many ppl want to take on the cops. I've never read a story whereby the perp shoots dead a load of the police and the headline is "...and he totally got away with it!"

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA isn't real life? It's never made any sense to me, you would have thought having a trigger happy armed police force, would make you less likely to take them on and you'd surrender/follow their instructions.

I suspect the people involved (on all sides) aren't the smartest.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:45 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I'm curious as to why so many ppl want to take on the cops. I've never read a story whereby the perp shoots dead a load of the police and the headline is "...and he totally got away with it!"

Have you never considered 'nothing to lose'?

Bag to rights, going to jail and probably die or shoot out and probably die or.just trigger happy cop and die.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Have you never considered 'nothing to lose'?

Over a traffic stop? Even if the gun was illegal that's a misdemeanor.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:55 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Jayland Walker thing. It's worth noting that he was wearing a ski mask for the duration. Which I think effectively trumps the race card. Argue about excessive force all you want but they had no idea what colour he was.

Looks like 8 cops similtaneously shit themselves and emptied their sidearms at him. They tried to tase him twice before they shot him if that counts for anything.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like watching America implode.
60 rounds in the guy - clearly there's a problem. I have zero knowledge of firearms but that doesn't sound right to me. You just look at the state of their cops and you see a cortisol overdose in the vast majority. Too much drugs, bad diet, an unhealthy lifestyle, religion-based absolutes, worship of miiltarism, etc. It is starting to look like America's century was the 20th century, and it's now on a steep social decline, deeply divided, yet armed to the teeth. These are definitely interesting times. The return of the wild west.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:10 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
It's like watching America implode.
60 rounds in the guy - clearly there's a problem. I have zero knowledge of firearms but that doesn't sound right to me. You just look at the state of their cops and you see a cortisol overdose in the vast majority. Too much drugs, bad diet, an unhealthy lifestyle, religion-based absolutes, worship of miiltarism, etc. It is starting to look like America's century was the 20th century, and it's now on a steep social decline, deeply divided, yet armed to the teeth. These are definitely interesting times. The return of the wild west.

However you could say lethal force is lethal force. If they were correct to shoot him, the number of bullets they used is irrelevant?

Did you watch the body cam footage though? There were about 8 cops there (the first having called in backup because he'd already shot his gun out of the car window during the chase.). He jumped out of the car, wearing a balaclava and started to run for it. He then turned back round at them and several opened fire similtaneously. I'd guess they were firing for a maximum of 5 seconds, in which time they hit him with 60 rounds. It later turned out he'd left his gun in the car. It was a totally batshit situation.

I also saw another police shooting video recently where a lunatic with a knife, who was intent of having himself shot by the police came at them. The copper emptied a full magazine into the guy and after a few seconds, he got back up, grabbed the knife again and kept coming. The cop was stood there with an empty gun and was lucky his partner was on hand. They must easily have shot that guy 10 times and he was still coming at them with a knife.

I must say, if I'd been in that situation, persuing a masked and -as far as I was concerned- armed man in the dark who was ignoring instructions and then turned back round looking like he was going to come at me, I'd have started shooting at him too until he either stopped moving or I ran out of bullets.

I'm amazed the American police don't shoot more people. I'm amazed anyone is prepared to BE a policeman in the US. All our traffic cops have to worry about is someone "failing the attitude test" and leaving them with a bristling moustache and bruised ego. Imagine if every time you pulled someone over for a blown tail light, you were worried about them potentially shooting you?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:32 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

However you could say lethal force is lethal force. If they were correct to shoot him, the number of bullets they used is irrelevant?

I'm not sure they were correct to shoot him. He tried to escape, and they tried to hit him with the Taser electrocution device. What would have been the consequence of him escaping? Is there any reason to believe he would have posed a great risk to the public if he were at large? When their Tasers didn't work, they drew guns on him and shot him dead. There are differences in the way people move - even if he had a balaclava it would have been pretty obvious he was black. Children from different cultures dance differently. Plus, long legs, big thighs, etc.

In addition, I know someone who's really anxious, and you just don't know how he's going to freak (always nonviolently) in a stress situation. He could have a panic attack and run, or just a panic attack and think he's having a heart attack. We don't really know why the jaywalker in this case ran. It will be investigated, for sure, but 60 bullets sounds like hostility, to me. Bad blood, bad mind, bad feelings... And I reiterate, I am not an expert. However, the entire force of the State is behind a police officer, and the impetus of the State must* (or in the case of America, should ) always be subordinate to civil concerns. Was this a lawful, necessary killing of a free citizen and a free man, or was it emotional and driven by hatred?

There was another poster who stated that there were statistical justifications for prejudice in the case of blacks. I don't entirely agree. There are correlations between crime and all sorts of things, but mostly the economic and financial circumstances of an individual. I'm not saying being a policeman is an easy job - far from it. However, the standard to which we hold cops is not negotiable. For every cop who goes bad, there are many who would take his or her place. They are not indispensable or irreplaceable. At the same time, there is also a pretty valid sense of grievance on the part of American blacks (i.e. a genuine sense of victimhood, for historic reasons), and I don't think America has handled that particularly well. Rather, the differences have become entrenched. There are men, even here in the UK, who are ultra-cynical about the nature of humanity, but who have great reverence for their own families and relatives. Indeed, they dote on them. They just can't see the equivalence between the next man's child and their own. Is that the same for American cops? I don't know, but I suspect it. Was the jaywalker even a human being, in their eyes? Or were the only real humans those who were directly related to them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4GsCEopbd4

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:50 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
When their Tasers didn't work, they drew guns on him and shot him dead.

Sounds like he was high on opioids and killed himself by getting shot 60 times.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:14 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

I'm not sure they were correct to shoot him. He tried to escape, and they tried to hit him with the Taser electrocution device. What would have been the consequence of him escaping? Is there any reason to believe he would have posed a great risk to the public if he were at large? When their Tasers didn't work, they drew guns on him and shot him dead.

He was coming towards them when they started shooting, not running away. They did not shoot him in the back. Up to that point, they were chasing after him and trying to stop him by non-lethal.

As for risk to public. Well, he'd engaged in a high speed persuit while firing a gun out of his car window. I'd suggest he probably wasn't giving much of a shit about public safety.

Have you watched any of the bodycam footage or just believed what people post on twitter?

And let's not beat about the bush here. If someone in the UK was running about with a firearm they'd already discharged in public and the police thought they still had it, the armed response unit would immediately shoot the fuck out of him.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:44 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/bnOukLb.png

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:28 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicide-by-cop... yeah, I forgot that one.

Lot of unknowns on that chart. Unknown as in "we don't know" or unknown as in politically expedient not to write it down Thinking

8 cops, 60 shots. That's ~ half a clip each for Glock 17's so maybe not that excessive in a high tension situation.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:18 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the racial distribution stats would be for white collar crime. I suspect the s#it who rips off your pension fund or crashes the financial system or asset strips the company you work for then makes you redundant and skips off to Monaco probably isn't black. Of course a white guy in a suit manipulating some paperwork doesn't make for very dramatic video footage. Different in places like Nigeria of course but then which parts of the world facilitate the financial criminality of social elites in third world countries.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:33 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Lot of unknowns on that chart. Unknown as in "we don't know" or unknown as in politically expedient not to write it down Thinking

8 cops, 60 shots. That's ~ half a clip each for Glock 17's so maybe not that excessive in a high tension situation.

It reminds me of when I was living in Houston TX over thirty years ago. There was an incident where two cops had pulled a guy over on the highway and he'd put a gun to his own head. The two cops had him at gun point in a standoff and after a while just shot him, emptying nine rounds at point blank range into the guy. The cops claimed the guy moved his arm holding the gun and was going to shoot them but the TV stations had been filming the incident and indeed the guys arm did move but only after the cops rounds started hitting his chest. The cops were just bored and couldn't give a s#it so opened fire. Despite being hit by nine rounds though the guy survived. Only in 'Murica ir any other third world country.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:06 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Half a clip each that hit him. Just how many missed?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Half a clip each that hit him. Just how many missed?

American cops tend to have terrible aim. They can dump 8 to 10 rounds and hit nothing. Also its quite hard to hit vital areas and FMJ 9mm causes relatively little trauma. Meanwhile a cool, calm, sick psychopath will calmly take aim with a .22 rifle at a cop doing spray and pray and put one straight in a vital spot. In the past American cops used a 12ga, much more effective.

Easy-X wrote:

That's what I thought but on closer inspection the transfer from known race to unknown is proportional in each race e.g 50% reduction in each.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

But! But! A 9mm assault pistol can literally blow out a lung! Joe Biden said as much and he's the leader of the biggest gun-toting country in the world so he must know what he's talking about Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wimbledon:

Anyway, I'm watching the Djokovic v Sinner and a shot of the crowd shows this black guy dressed head to toe in tennis whites including sweat bands who has clearly swallowed the "im black therefore i can pull off looking like a pratt" pill. Then Sinner takes the first set and of course the crowd goes wild. Then briefly we are treated to a shot of the fashion-twat doing some aggressive gangsta chest beating nonsense and clearly getting a telling to tone it down from what looked like the an army MP doing security. Rolling Eyes funny but good grief Shocked

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Wimbledon:

Anyway, I'm watching the Djokovic v Sinner and a shot of the crowd shows this black guy dressed head to toe in tennis whites including sweat bands who has clearly swallowed the "im black therefore i can pull off looking like a pratt" pill. Then Sinner takes the first set and of course the crowd goes wild. Then briefly we are treated to a shot of the fashion-twat doing some aggressive gangsta chest beating nonsense and clearly getting a telling to tone it down from what looked like the an army MP doing security. Rolling Eyes funny but good grief Shocked

Sounds like Lewis Hamilton?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:

I'm not sure as I didn't see whether he was wearing a skort or shorts. Actually looked more like Idris Elba.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:42 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
It is starting to look like America's century was the 20th century, and it's now on a steep social decline, deeply divided, yet armed to the teeth. These are definitely interesting times. The return of the wild west.

You could say the same thing about western society in general (except for the armed bit). Unfortunately the US has such a strong cultural impact we'll feel the effects of their decline as well, it already feels like half of our conflict is from trying to emulate and pretend we have the same issues.

Ste wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/bnOukLb.png
Easy-X wrote:

I've never argued with the stats, they show per capita African Americans die at a higher rate at the hands of the police, what I've never seen is any analysis of per interaction or factoring in a community over-represented in crime will have more contact with the police.

The other thing is BLM themselves don't understand per capita, they posted this on their instagram account...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdwQyG1UMAYhQs1.jpg

The U.S. is 73.0% white* and 12.7% black, so per capita African Americans are over-represented in every category and in some categories massively so (murder and robberies for example). Whitey is over-represented in DUI?

*they include hispanic in white crime stats, when you strip those out white crime rates are lower

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:42 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Wimbledon:
Djokovic v Sinner and a shot of the crowd shows this black guy dressed head to toe in tennis whites including sweat bands who has clearly swallowed the "im black therefore i can pull off looking like a pratt" pill. Then Sinner takes the first set and of course the crowd goes wild.

How is Djokovic the vaccine skeptic being received? Please let him win Smile I thought Wimbledon had a dress code, or is dressing like a tennis player ok?

Rob W wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
Then briefly we are treated to a shot of the fashion-twat doing some aggressive gangsta chest beating nonsense and clearly getting a telling to tone it down from what looked like the an army MP doing security. Rolling Eyes funny but good grief Shocked

Nah the racists won't let him in...

'Lewis Hamilton misses Wimbledon final after being refused entry to Royal Box over dress code'

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen the advert for the new Big Breakfast?
It's a little too obvious channel 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:22 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Anyone seen the advert for the new Big Breakfast?
It's a little too obvious channel 4.

Lol, had missed that.

Still, AJ doesn't have any axe to grind so she's a good hire:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/19/strictlys-aj-odudu-jumped-through-many-more-hoops-than-white-peers-16490533/

Quote:
‘Even if you don’t get told (that you need to work harder to get half as far as white peers), you feel it.’

She added: ‘The opportunities you get and the things that you do, you know in your heart of hearts that you’ve had to jump through many more hoops than your counterparts.’

Despite feeling the overwhelming pressure, The Big Breakfast star revealed how proud she was to have ‘waded’ through it.

Got absolutely no idea who the dude is so had a quick Google. Seems he's a 'comedian':
https://youtu.be/58eY6CuJh9M?t=163

Literally first clip on Google I found of him, he's making 'jokes' about being Jamaican and working in a store for a posh white manager Laughing

I bet he worked twice as hard to get his gigs, too.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 263 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 171 of 184