Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhatsApp - 2 step verification..

Phone goes pop.
Get new phone..
Re-install some apps inc WhatsApp messenger..

..now enter your 2 step verification PIN..

Eh what fucking PIN?

Press the 'send email to resolve' button..
No email arrives to any of my accounts..

..wait 7 days for 2 step verification to stop being a cunt.

Rolling Eyes

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:46 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a text message but it'll be to the registered phone number. Did you get a new number with the new phone? Can you pop the old SIM in a spare phone?

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Should be a text message but it'll be to the registered phone number. Did you get a new number with the new phone? Can you pop the old SIM in a spare phone?

same sim same number, looks like someone (possibly me) inadvertantly switched on this ' 2 step verification'. weirdly though I did have the sim in a very old phone while awaiting delivery and Whatsapp worked for a while.. Confused no way around thie according to onlime help..
hey ho!

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:28 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
..wait 7 days for 2 step verification to stop being a cunt.

Rolling Eyes

eBay does a similar thing, but sometimes they want to verify you're a human by clicking on pictures of boats or buses etc., except the 'verification' never f'ing works.

After a few days they let you sign in again but it's bizarre, locking people out of your site just because (I assume it's happening to others).

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason when my current phone breaks i'll go back to my SPV C500.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:37 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it on my GOG account. Left BT so went to change my email. 2 step verification to my old email which BT have locked so I can't get the code, aarrrgh!!!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:51 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to buy something last night (new bed sheets as it happens) from somewhere I've bought things before.

Tried to log into the account with my usual don't give a fuck password because if someone wants to hack it and send more new bed sheets to my work address, I don't care.

It insisted on a password change from a link sent to my email before it would process the checkout. Then it insisted I make up a new password which conforms to their new (unspecified) password rules.

At this point I decided I couldn't be arsed making up another new password so I tried using their guest checkout. That wouldn't let me buy the stuff either because my email has already been registered to an account.

So I gave up and bought them off ebay instead.

I wonder how much business companies lose by making it unecessarily difficult to buy stuff off them?

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trains. This isn't strike related either; trying to book a train to get down to the marathon in the smoke in October, but no trains available anywhere - they're all "unavailable" as "there might be engineering works". FFS how is anyone supposed to be able to plan anything? Surely planned engineering works should be, err well, planned?! Reactive to emergency works I get, can't do anything about that, but planned works that affect so many people should be carefully orchestrated. Thank f*ck we don't have to spend much for the privilege of train travel . . . oh, wait. Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:58 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
FFS how is anyone supposed to be able to plan anything? Surely planned engineering works should be, err well, planned?! Reactive to emergency works I get, can't do anything about that, but planned works that affect so many people should be carefully orchestrated. Thank f*ck we don't have to spend much for the privilege of train travel . . . oh, wait. Rolling Eyes

That's what we get from nationalised services but for some silly reason some people think that nationalised rail services would be a good idea.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:09 - 07 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commonwealth games- Anything so bloody pointless I can't think of.

Beeb like it though, it seems to be on all the time. Must be cheap.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:16 - 07 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that you think the sooner we get rid of all remanants of our once glorious empire the better.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 07 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I'm glad that you think the sooner we get rid of all remanants of our once glorious empire the better.

If it was called the British Empire Games I would be all for it because then the BBC wouldn't have it on. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 07 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

But that would include getting rid of you Nobby Wink

And if we got rid of all traces of the empire, that would mean much less diversity among the people of this country. You really ought to think things through before you adopt these silly ideologies Nobby.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 07 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

people who post on a picture thread and dont include any pictures...
im looking at you KJ Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 07 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
people who post on a picture thread and dont include any pictures...
im looking at you KJ Razz

Oh, “Where have you been…” is a picture thread. Hold on.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing new here, but motor insurance companies and related comparison sites.

Got an acceptable quote on Saturday for my car insurance that runs out tomorrow, so called to stop my current policy from auto renewing, because it was nearly £150 dearer - weirdly, I wasn't asked why I didn't want to renew, so clearly the industry is so used to the fickle nature of the general public, customer retention isn't a blip on their radar anymore.

Due to the even more fickle nature of my home internet connection, my first opportunity to retrieve my quote was today, when, due to 48 hours having elapsed (or more likely, the fact I need insurance tomorrow) not only has it gone up significantly, it's switched from 11 monthly payments to 10, so the initial payment has doubled.

KUNTZ*

*Yes, yes, yes, I know you're meant to sort this shizzle out a month in advance, but the scamming b'stards have finally been stopped from offering preferential rates to new business, why can't they be held to quotes for more than a few minutes.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

Got an acceptable quote on Saturday for my car insurance that runs out tomorrow, so called to stop my current policy from auto renewing, because it was nearly £150 dearer - weirdly, I wasn't asked why I didn't want to renew, so clearly the industry is so used to the fickle nature of the general public, customer retention isn't a blip on their radar anymore.

Due to the even more fickle nature of my home internet connection, my first opportunity to retrieve my quote was today, when, due to 48 hours having elapsed (or more likely, the fact I need insurance tomorrow) not only has it gone up significantly, it's switched from 11 monthly payments to 10, so the initial payment has doubled.

KUNTZ*

*Yes, yes, yes, I know you're meant to sort this shizzle out a month in advance, but the scamming b'stards have finally been stopped from offering preferential rates to new business, why can't they be held to quotes for more than a few minutes.

They will get you, one way or another. They're losing revenue on outrageous renewals on existing customers who coast from one year to the next, so they're tightening up elsewhere to make up for it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

KUNTZ*

Don't they normally say when a quote expires? I think if it's a short start date you don't have long to purchase the policy.

It's a bit shit, I've never worked out why buying a policy a month in advance makes me a better driver.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:27 - 12 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every single job on my old Z4 leading to a nightmare other job needing done as well due to rusty old shitty jobs done before.

Has no-one heard of copa-slip you bastards.

Fucking drop link !!!!! jesus, I need a drink.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:25 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ grinds my gears that the Z4 came out nearly 20 years ago Shocked I've been having a lot of those moments recently Sad

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

Don't get me started. I phoned mine yesterday to organise swapping my policy from my R1200RS over to its replacement, an R1250RS (so, essentially the same bike just newer). The original policy was £175; guess how much the total was for swapping over? £161. Unbelievable.
I did toy with just cancelling the policy but by the time I'd factored in lost NCD, and also the fact that they'd want £60 admin fee just to do that, I CBA and just bit the bullet.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosquito bites.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:34 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got to tell someone I don't think much of, exactly what I think of them after literally 10 years+ of biting my tongue.
Don't feel any better and thought I might have done.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:31 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I finally got to tell someone I don't think much of, exactly what I think of them after literally 10 years+ of biting my tongue.
Don't feel any better and thought I might have done.

They probably already knew.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:32 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
They probably already knew.

Given the look on his face last night when I told him what's what, I don't think he did. I was hoping he'd rear up and come at
me a bit so I could give him the punch in the face I've owed him for a decade. He just looked very sheepish and slunk away
in silence. It was somewhat unsatisfying.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 228 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 96 of 176