Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I guess they want to know what his 2024 election plans are.

Yeah they found that after breaking into the safe, a single note with the words "WIN BIGGLY!""

Lol.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
M.C wrote:

Well you made a point of not posting in the politics section*, even though you obviously wanted your say on a political topic (seems to be happening a lot lately...), I guess cos the grind and oiled gears threads tend to be one way hence their enduring popularity. Although I would suggest the trivial nature is part of that popularity.

*that indicates something or someone is in your head Wink

Nope, it was a definite gear oiling moment and belonged in this thread. It was others that decided to make it a political argument. Laughing

Nice try though. Laughing

You just affirmed what I said Confused And a couple of examples before you posted of the kind stuff you normally find...

MCN wrote:
A little lad, looked about 2-1/2 or 3 yrs old, in The Mall of Dahran who just finished his ice cream and was excited to find the man with the rubbish cart to put the empty in the bin.
Good Parenting.

grr666 wrote:
After much procrastination about placement Shifty, finally got my helmet shelves up in the living room. Thumbs Up

So yes maybe this isn't the best place for politics, obviously you're going to get a reaction, but you already knew that.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Islander wrote:

Nope, it was a definite gear oiling moment and belonged in this thread. It was others that decided to make it a political argument. Laughing

Nice try though. Laughing

You just affirmed what I said Confused And a couple of examples before you posted of the kind stuff you normally find...

Oh I think you'll find I didn't. Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

I had a look, and found that you did Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

I had a look, and found that you did Laughing

Take the lens cap off then. Razz

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:49 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
It was others that decided to make it a political argument. Laughing

The long running theme of this thread seems IMHO to be the little bits of personal joy members encounter in their lives so don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

A criminal enterprise raiding and seizing papers from someone who some consider to be a criminal (so why is he still not in jail?), lol.
America just gets more fucked up everyday Laughing

you don't go to jail before the crime has been proven. You don't take someone to court or even charge them with a crime without possessing evidence against them. You don't execute a search warrant in the US without 'probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed, and that evidence of that crime will be present at the search location'.

Just sayin'.

Nor do you call someone a criminal when no crime has been proven, or even an accusation made. What crime was Trump suspected of this time, and on what evidence? Every previous time an accusation of even vague shit has been made, it has turned out to be bollocks. What about the crimes of the US state apparatus? Are they suddenly little angels who can do no wrong? What happened to the Left that the corporate-backed greed of the Biden crime family is suddenly ok? That the US government can suddenly do no wrong? Oh, but we know don't we? You wanted Trump out so badly that you were prepared to see the most senile, incompetent old git, controlled by his shady puppeteers, get into office, so now you have to deny that there could possibly be anything wrong because your massively over-inflated ego couldn't take that. And to protect those egos of the dumb twats like you, you're prepared to see any consequence.
You TDS people never learn. All this does is make it even more likely that Trump wins in 2024...if it weren't for the fact that the crazy people will break any law to prevent it, and then call Trump the criminal.

And don't bother to just spiel the same old lies back at me, backed by pseudo "news" sites on the internet. I just find them, and the people who spout them, odious.

Other than that, hope you're keeping well Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:
It was others that decided to make it a political argument. Laughing

The long running theme of this thread seems IMHO to be the little bits of personal joy members encounter in their lives so don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

What makes you think it wasn't personal joy then? Because it most assuredly was.

If you've got piss running down your leg you might need some Tena pants. Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:02 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

And don't bother to just spiel the same old lies back at me, backed by pseudo "news" sites on the internet. I just find them, and the people who spout them, odious.

I guess I'll start here, there's no convincing you. Whatever anyone says, he's your golden boy. I get that.

chickenstrip wrote:
Nor do you call someone a criminal when no crime has been proven, or even an accusation made. What crime was Trump suspected of this time, and on what evidence? Every previous time an accusation of even vague shit has been made, it has turned out to be bollocks.

I'd say a tape recording of him begging election officials in Georgia to 'find' exactly the number of votes he needed to win pretty compelling evidence of guilt. People can be guilty of a crime and not yet be convicted of it.

He threatened to withold missiles from Ukraine unless Zelensky dug up dirt on Biden. There is a tape of that too.

chickenstrip wrote:
What about the crimes of the US state apparatus? Are they suddenly little angels who can do no wrong? What happened to the Left that the corporate-backed greed of the Biden crime family is suddenly ok? That the US government can suddenly do no wrong?

Trump being guilty doesn't make what everyone else does OK. The two things are not mutually exclusive, but we can all engage in whataboutism. It's not a valid argument, it's just a deflection.

chickenstrip wrote:
Oh, but we know don't we? You wanted Trump out so badly that you were prepared to see the most senile, incompetent old git, controlled by his shady puppeteers, get into office, so now you have to deny that there could possibly be anything wrong because your massively over-inflated ego couldn't take that. And to protect those egos of the dumb twats like you, you're prepared to see any consequence.

I'm not a fan of Biden. I don't think many people in the US are, but he was the least worst option, which happens a lot in politics. The worst thing people seem to be able to hang on Biden is that a) he's old, and B) one of his sons might possibly have done something dodgy and there may or may not be a laptop to prove it.

I do not have Trump Derangement Syndrome. I have a rational and external view of a man who has committed multiple crimes and has not yet been taken to account for it because he's managed to settle civil cases and dodge criminal ones using some level of power and influence. The justice dept in the US has a policy of not investigating the sitting president, but he's not the sitting president, and most of the really bad stuff he did was to try to continue to be the sitting president.

One might ask why you love him so much as a Brit who has virtually no consequence for him being or not being a criminal and being or not being President?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

One might ask why you love him so much

You're even dumber than I thought.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

What makes you think it wasn't personal joy then? Because it most assuredly was.

If you've got piss running down your leg you might need some Tena pants. Laughing

A multi-million dollar lawsuit in another country isn't personal is it? Rolling Eyes The examples I posted, which you'll find pages upon pages of, are personal...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

I'm curious how the ravings of a madman a thousand miles and an ocean away have personally affected you Thinking

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

A multi-million dollar lawsuit in another country isn't personal is it? Rolling Eyes The examples I posted, which you'll find pages upon pages of, are personal...

You cannot possibly judge what I find personally pleasing.

Do you need Tena pants as well? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:44 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Of course he can. You've told us a couple of things that please you, and we judged you by them.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

I do not see what you see. Without conversation how will we move forward in discovery?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

Of course he can. You've told us a couple of things that please you, and we judged you by them.

Oh you can judge me by my words all you want - knock yourself out! Thumbs Up

However, what you can't judge (i.e. ascertain) is what I find personally pleasing - which is what M.C. was trying to do. You (and M.C.) have no idea what things oil my gears. Wink

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:

I do not see what you see. Without conversation how will we move forward in discovery?

Well indeed and M.C. might learn from that as well. But if you and others attempt to discover what I see and take the conversation forward in a political manner then it becomes a tad hypocritical to complain that it should be in the politics section. After all, I merely indicated that both events oiled my personal gears significantly. Razz

TL:DR

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
You (and M.C.) have no idea what things oil my gears. Wink

Uwotm8? Confused
So you post in "what oils your gears" something that has oiled your gears, and then claim we have no idea what oils your gears?
Did they miss your room when they brought the medication trolley round earlier? Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
You (and M.C.) have no idea what things oil my gears. Wink

Uwotm8? Confused
So you post in "what oils your gears" something that has oiled your gears, and then claim we have no idea what oils your gears?
Did they miss your room when they brought the medication trolley round earlier? Laughing

Oh you know that those things oiled my gears, obviously - I did place them in the public domain after all. However, you can't have any idea of what may oil them in the future though - even the same things may not have the same effect again.

M.C. claimed that the posts couldn't have given me any personal pleasure for some bizarre reason known only to him. He couldn't possibly know my mind in order to make that claim and that's the point I was making as well you know you bored rascally rapscallion. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:45 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an event that you took "personal" pleasure from but we are still none the wiser as to the why.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:47 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
you can't have any idea of what may oil them in the future though - even the same things may not have the same effect again.

You? You're pretty predictable, I don't think there will ever be any major surprises there Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:01 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
We have an event that you took "personal" pleasure from but we are still none the wiser as to the why.

Personally, I was banging one out over the thought of his wallet being arseraped.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I’ll take a guess that it was because a smug, uncaring liar who deliberately whipped up gullible fools and made lots of money in doing so got his comeuppance.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving on… another summer’s day without rain. This is what summers ought to be like and I’m loving it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

I’ll take a guess that it was because a smug, uncaring liar who deliberately whipped up gullible fools and made lots of money in doing so got his comeuppance.

So the same pleasure as watching a public hanging. How civilised we are in this glorious 21st Century.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 57 of 103