Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Couldn't wait to just finish it and uninstall though in the end, was a massive let down for me.

Same except I had no appetite to finish it Smile

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Are you sure it's not a problem where you've set your graphics settings too high and your graphics card or other hardware can't keep up?

I don't think so, I was getting 40-60fps iirc which I get in other games which are similarly not very well optimised.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I got TT ride the edge 2 for a reasonable price, and I played a couple of seasons. It's good fun but extremely unforgiving.

I got a steam key for just over a quid a year ago, I think the awful first game really hurt the series. The second did seem better, as in the handling wasn't utterly broken.

MarJay wrote:
Better than Ride 4 I reckon.

Ride 4 on PS4 has noticeable input lag. It's strange as I had Ride 3 on Xbox and I never noticed it (both games use unreal), I believe Playstation use bluetooth rather than 2.4ghz wireless like on Xbox, but I've never noticed input lag before on PS3/4/5 with the exception of maybe Zen Pinball (I really notice input lag with pinball).

Maybe it's a combo of a laggy engine and bluetooth or something else changed in Ride 4.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:30 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I don't think so, I was getting 40-60fps iirc which I get in other games which are similarly not very well optimised.

That sounds very low, I haven't had a single CTD on it, silly glitches but no crashes even on day 1. Now its like butter though, everything feels cleaner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
M.C wrote:

That sounds very low, I haven't had a single CTD on it, silly glitches but no crashes even on day 1. Now its like butter though, everything feels cleaner.

Thinking about it that would have been on my 1070, I got a 3060ti shortly afterwards, although I was over the game at that point. Watchdogs legion was still aids (the game and performance Smile) even after the upgrade.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:31 - 08 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 1070 would have a fucking bad day Laughing

Even on a 2080Ti it was a bit of a slag. Now however its not bad.

I'm now I'm the process of upgrading so tempted to leave water behind Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 08 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BorderLands 3.

Picked up free from Epic, spent £18 on the DLCs.
Hardly stopped playing it since Smile

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:34 - 09 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt enjoy BL3 anywhere near as much as previous games.
i found most of the chars quite irritating.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 09 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
BorderLands 3.

Picked up free from Epic, spent £18 on the DLCs.
Hardly stopped playing it since Smile

I could never get into Borderlands but the Epic store freebies are insane. I've got 100 games in my library, and that's only claiming what looks interesting, and usually I only hear about them from other sites, when they're giving away big/well known titles*. Think I've only bought 4 games off the Epic store Smile

*good/big titles like... Batman Arkham collection, Bioshock collection, GTA V, Alien Isolation, Control, Ghostbusters, Rage 2, Just Cause 4, Wolfenstein New Order to name a few

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 09 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Quarry (PS5) - 3/10

I got it because I really enjoyed the Until Dawn game (2015, PS4) from the same developer. Well, the Quarry, although the graphics and motion/face capture is really advanced, isn't enjoyable at all. It just isn't a game and it also is not even a good interactive film*. You just sit back 95% of the time and watch what's going on. You still can affect the outcome of what's going to happen, but that's about it and I don't even feel motivated to try again with different choices. Maybe I'm getting too old and people these days like this kind of diluted undemanding experience, where they just sit back and move the left stick accordingly and smash the X button when prompted to.

In the Until Dawn game, you really got to play the game. You walked around a lot, finding all sorts of stuff, doing mini games, challenging quick time events, even some puzzles. I played it several times just to achieve all the goals (save/kill everyone, find every item, figure out stuff...). I won't play the Quarry ever again.

*The story of the Quarry is pretty much 80's summer camp teen horror film which would be alright, however many of the characters and dialogues were just bad. There were parts of the game that I would rather skip.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 18 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bored with Fallout 4. Bored with most games in fact.
I have a couple of fall back games that I've been playing for years and now and again a game comes along that's compelling enough to take me away from the regulars but its been a while since that's happened.

Enter Red Dead 2...

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:34 - 18 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Far Cry 4 on some deal the other week, humble bundle or something like that. It was free.

It's a bloody good if depressing game. It seems there's no happy clappy fluffy bunny ending, and what I do doesn't seem to materially affect the outcome. I can help individuals and so on, but with hostage rescue missions for example, the hostages start getting executed as soon as I'm seen, so I feel like not interfering might have been better? I like the setting, I like the country of Kyrat. I like attacking outposts and sabotaging the radio towers. I like the miniature helicopters and other vehicles and I like the weaponry. I like the fact that Ajay Ghale pronounces his name like A-J Gale because he grew up in the US. All the Kyrati's pronounce it like ahh jay ghalay. Lovely details. I just think it's going to end up very depressing with some sort of dictatorship at the end. Again I think the whole game is predicated on the fact that interference just makes things worse.

It does run well though, I've not yet seen it chug or glitch in any way, and the landscape and settings are nothing short of spectacular. It's extremely well crafted and loads of fun, I just don't want to progress the story because both of your 'allies' are nearly as d*ckish as the actual dictator of the little country. The guy on the propaganda radio is annoying, the radio stations repeat the same minute of chat every time and the NPC's do like to get eaten by the local wildlife.

it's overall good, but being able to white knight the game would probably make it better for me - But then again I'm the guy who plays through Deus Ex without killing anyone except the bosses and tries to not do excessive violence in GTA, so what do I know?

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 22 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS5 - Stray. Enjoying it so far.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:21 - 23 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostWire: Tokyo (PS5) - 7/10 (so far)

It's 50% off in the PS store, otherwise I wouldn't buy it, not for the full price. I've got a plenty of games to play, at the moment, and I would get to this one in a year or two.

Anyway, from the very first hour of playing, this feels very much like a Far Cry game, they even use the same animations and game mechanics, which isn't a bad thing on its own. The visuals are stunning, although I opted for the performance mode (60fps, 1440p, with some degree of AMD's image sharpening tech) instead of the quality mode (30fps, 1800p, ray tracing). The game looks amazing in the quality mode, however the frame pacing is so poor, that I just can't play it like that. On the performance mode it runs realitvely smooth, the game still looks nice and after awhile I don't even notice missing graphics features, such as ray tracing.

The story so far is good (fresh), the gameplay feels like a mix of Far Cry Primal and Far Cry 3 or 4 and the game world looks very nice indeed.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:19 - 26 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Cyberpunk 2077. Obviously the game gets a bad rep for bugs and sadly there are still plenty in there. Didn't come across anything game breaking though, more annoyances.

Not much of a spoiler to say it's a game with multiple endings but I'd have to say they put a surprising amount of care into them. I'd actually put it up there with GTA V Shocked (For context I found RDR2 too much of a drag and Witcher 3 plain annoying with the quest overload.)

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 26 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genshin Impact (on PS5). It's fucking brilliant, free and I am loving it. With all freemium games you can spend money on it, but I haven't and it's perfectly playable for free.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 28 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Evil: Director's cut (PSX on PS5): 9/10

I just finished it, haven't played the Director's cut before. It's a nice blast from the past, surprisingly playable, full of nice environmental puzzles. Some of the enemies are plain tiresome and you can't skip dialogues, so if you die and reload your save you have to go through the dialogues again. I was familiar with the original version. The Director's cut has a few changes to the puzzles, as far as I can tell.

It's in the PS+.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control, with all the DLCs - Alan Wake meets X-Files Smile Quite a fun game and if you can pick it up in a sale so much the better.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only games I ever play are motor racing, iRacing, Project cars 2 or my Favourite games of all time, the Age of Empires series. Been playing AOE4, not sure if it's any better than ao2 but is fun none the less. I keep getting hammered online.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:18 - 11 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Control, with all the DLCs - Alan Wake meets X-Files Smile Quite a fun game and if you can pick it up in a sale so much the better.
I REALLY liked that. It was weird and I kept thinking it would all be an allegory for psychology, and the main character was in a coma or something. Turns out not, which made it a zillion times better.

If you liked Control you might also like 'In Sound Mind' which I very much enjoyed.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper elite 5 on the new Xbox

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:43 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing Rise of the Tomb Raider - one of them anyway. It's got a lot of quick time events so far. I'm not big on it so far, hopefully it'll get better.

Xero
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:20 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going old school and playing the first Resident Evil on PS1 again.

_____
Twitch viewers bots

Last edited by Xero on 16:32 - 10 Oct 2022; edited 1 time in total

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xero wrote:
I'm going old school and playing the first Resident Evil on PS1 again

I just bought the remakes of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 on PS5 because they're both on sale around £10 each on the PlayStation store. Go to ShopTo before buying them and use a top-up to get extra couple of quid discount.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 02 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hunter: call of the wild.
surprisingly relaxing and enjoyable game.
good graphics.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:28 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom: Eternal. I got a deal on it and I'm a little disappointed. It's not as good as Doom (2016). It's clear they handed the IP to some newer development team who decided the most fun aspect of Doom (2016) was the platforming. So they added more platforming mechanics including climbing on walls and double dash, dash refills and things like that. It's just frustrating. The combat is still OK but doesn't feel as viscerally satisfying as Doom (2016). In the earlier game you could be being thrashed by a mob of daemons and down to your last health point, and then you could execute a glory kill that takes you back up to full health and back in the game. in Doom Eternal it still has the same mechanics but the balance is not quite as good, so it doesn't feel like you can recover from such dire circumstances. I like it, but I don't love it in the way I did the earlier game.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 54 of 64