Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 17 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Yeah that seems about right. From what I have observed the hard left are a bit like animals.

I know they're riddled with contradictions, but it's bizarre how they behave like religious zealots, and have the mob mentality neither of which you would associate with intelligence (when they normally are pretty smart).

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 12 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62524922

Quote:
Author Salman Rushdie, who suffered years of death threats after writing The Satanic Verses, has been attacked on stage in New York state.

The Booker Prize winner was speaking at an event of the Chautauqua Institution at the time.

Witnesses say they saw a man run on stage and either punch or stab Mr Rushdie as he was being introduced.

A video posted online shows attendees rushing onto the stage immediately following the incident.

The attacker is said to have been restrained by those on the scene.

Mr Rushdie's condition is not currently known.

Long grudge is long Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 12 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That religion is mired in middle ages.

In another state run Islamic PR laundering sh1tshow........

Qatar lists ‘occupied Palestinian territories' on FIFA hospitality site instead of 'Israel' Laughing

https://en.royanews.tv/news/36919/2022-08-11

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62524922

Quote:
Author Salman Rushdie, who suffered years of death threats after writing The Satanic Verses, has been attacked on stage in New York state.

The Booker Prize winner was speaking at an event of the Chautauqua Institution at the time.

Witnesses say they saw a man run on stage and either punch or stab Mr Rushdie as he was being introduced.

A video posted online shows attendees rushing onto the stage immediately following the incident.

The attacker is said to have been restrained by those on the scene.

Mr Rushdie's condition is not currently known.

Long grudge is long Shocked

Fatwa4life. Could any old fags explain why he's such a big deal?

Polarbear wrote:
That religion is mired in middle ages.

In another state run Islamic PR laundering sh1tshow........

Qatar lists ‘occupied Palestinian territories' on FIFA hospitality site instead of 'Israel' Laughing

https://en.royanews.tv/news/36919/2022-08-11

TBF that's quite funny Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:25 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wrote 'the satanic verses' which were denounced as blasphemy and a fatwa was issued on him.

I believe it featured gay sex in the Muslim community but I've never read it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got a knighthood for pissing off Muslims?

Arise Sir Tommy Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rushdie used a traditional Islamic tale as the basis for a new fiction and was thus seen as portraying the character Mohammed, which is forbidden. I think it was as simple as that. Clearly he didn’t deserve what followed but I don’t know why it’s necessary for him, Charlie Hebdo and others to go out of their way to disrespect that rule. As a lapsed Muslim Rushdie should have known better than anyone how significant it would be.

Edit: it did his career a lot of good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Rushdie used a traditional Islamic tale as the basis for a new fiction and was thus seen as portraying the character Mohammed, which is forbidden. I think it was as simple as that. Clearly he didn’t deserve what followed but I don’t know why it’s necessary for him, Charlie Hebdo and others to go out of their way to disrespect that rule. As a lapsed Muslim Rushdie should have known that better than anyone how significant it would be.

I thought it was depicting (drawings etc.) the prophet Mohammed? Although I guess any blasphemy will do.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:43 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Rushdie used a traditional Islamic tale as the basis for a new fiction and was thus seen as portraying the character Mohammed, which is forbidden. I think it was as simple as that. Clearly he didn’t deserve what followed but I don’t know why it’s necessary for him, Charlie Hebdo and others to go out of their way to disrespect that rule. As a lapsed Muslim Rushdie should have known better than anyone how significant it would be.

Really? You don't understand it? Amazing.

I take it everyone else knows why it is important to challenge these things?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Really? You don't understand it? Amazing.

Of course it is. Religion needs slapping down hard. Just do a search on people killed by religious mobs and the list is horrific. Ignoring it is not an option

Even in UK we are not immune from our own citizens putting religion before the law. Incitement to murderr doesn't seem to apply to them

A year on from Prophet Muhammad Batley school row and teacher still in hiding as family 'at risk'

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/year-prophet-muhammad-batley-school-23493076

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Religion needs slapping down hard.

I wouldn't put it that way. The vast majority of people in the West who follow a religion are peaceful. Imagine what it would be like if they weren't! Shocked
Religious extremism needs slapping down hard. And that extremism should be measured by our own western standards here at home.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

People shouldn't force their beliefs on you and expect you to abide by their 'rules'. I do think specifically with Islam people get a bit pissed off with the whole religion of peace meme they're fed, and more generally if 'diversity is strength', why do they turn on us and each other.

chickenstrip wrote:
I wouldn't put it that way. The vast majority of people in the West who follow a religion are peaceful. Imagine what it would be like if they weren't! Shocked
Religious extremism needs slapping down hard. And that extremism should be measured by our own western standards here at home.

At the risk of starting round 2 Razz, I'd suggest the majority of that majority aren't all that strict (maybe married and buried in a church for most), and when you do have people who actually follow a religion 'properly', you often find zealotry and conflict and dysfunctional communities (eg: the black and asian/muslim community).

For example those people who say an Islamic terrorist isn't a real Muslim, they're real, they're the concentrate and every one else is a diluted form yet claim they're the 'real' ones.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
At the risk of starting round 2 Razz

Shocked Run away, run away! Laughing

Atheists ain't exactly angelic either, to be fair.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:09 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

By their definition as an athiest, they can't be. They cannot be demonic either.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

By their definition as an athiest, they can't be. They cannot be demonic either.

Utter nonsense, but at least you're consistent Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 13 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
At the risk of starting round 2 Razz

Shocked Run away, run away! Laughing

Don't make me tap the map Laughing They aren't, but I mean I have the full sweep within a few miles...
- black Christian neighbourhood
- Asian Muslim neighbourhood
- Jewish neighbourhood
- athiest neighbourhood
Even though the athiest neighbourhood is full of insufferable shitlibs it's the nicest of the four, and in my experience white working class areas are alright, the bad ones are in areas of actual deprivation, not areas with £500k+ houses that people claim is 'the hood' Rolling Eyes

One other issue is religious trends change, if the memes are true you have Muslim countries like Iran becoming a lot more strict in recent decades, which I can believe as Muslim kids at school that were nice and moderate within no time became...
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/024/633/capt.bb53b30e82e34d6b87ae51d853725e46.india_kashmir_protest_rmx105.jpg?1318992465
It seems to be like being on a drug, all it takes is for your dealer/religious leader to up the dose.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I have the full sweep within a few miles...
- Jewish neighbourhood
- athiest neighbourhood

I wonder if white Christians are a thing Thinking
Nah, they're probably too smart to live where you live Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:43 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
I have the full sweep within a few miles...
- Jewish neighbourhood
- athiest neighbourhood

I wonder if white Christians are a thing Thinking
Nah, they're probably too smart to live where you live Laughing

Obviously you have Christian conservative areas in parts of the country. Maybe looking at the US would be better for more of a mix, they have religious white trash/poor areas of the country, and black or hispanic areas aren't great either Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also... https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1558170494729420802

https://c.tenor.com/qBpspF4CMWwAAAAi/oh-my-god-randy-marsh.gif

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:10 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your "neighbourhoods" are all just a construct of your mind anyway. You're too much of a fan of the sweeping generalisation.

Modern liberals don't have neighbourhoods or communities. They tore down all their borders, so the words are meaningless for them. In fact, everything is meaningless for them. They want to belong everywhere, but have found they belong nowhere.

And you M.C - where do you fit in all of this? What neighbourhood or community are you a part of, that you can call 'home'? Is it real, or just another construct of your mind? Or perhaps you are alone, like the liberals, belonging nowhere? But at least you are happier than all these others Smile

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:49 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was nothing to do with Islam?

Rushdie has always struck me as an annoying twat of the first water. Perhaps the guys wife had dragged him along to the lecture and he'd had all he could stand?

I mean, we're talking America here. It's not exactly difficult to get hold of a gun, so if you were setting out with the intention of killing someone, why would you go with a knife? If you could sneak a knife in, you could sneak a gun in.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Maybe it was nothing to do with Islam?

you come across as quite a smart fella generally Stink, but that statement is just dumb.
who even knows or cares who Salmon is these days other than the jihadis?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Good job the Joho's have a sense of humour otherwise Trey Parker and Matt Stone would have been strung up years ago, eh?

The irony is, that fast forward to current day and the Satanic Verses are essentially a leftie refugees welcome type's absolute wet dream as far as its deeper meanings go.

Quote:
After the Satanic Verses controversy developed, some scholars familiar with the book and the whole of Rushdie's work, like M. D. Fletcher, saw the reaction as ironic. Fletcher wrote "It is perhaps a relevant irony that some of the major expressions of hostility toward Rushdie came from those about whom and (in some sense) for whom he wrote."[9] He said the manifestations of the controversy in Britain:
embodied an anger arising in part from the frustrations of the migrant experience and generally reflected failures of multicultural integration, both significant Rushdie themes. Clearly, Rushdie's interests centrally include explorations of how migration heightens one's awareness that perceptions of reality are relative and fragile, and of the nature of religious faith and revelation, not to mention the political manipulation of religion. Rushdie's own assumptions about the importance of literature parallel the literal value accorded the written word in Islamic tradition to some degree. But Rushdie seems to have assumed that diverse communities and cultures share some degree of common moral ground on the basis of which dialogue can be pieced together, and it is perhaps for this reason that he underestimated the implacable nature of the hostility evoked by The Satanic Verses, even though a major theme of that novel is the dangerous nature of closed, absolutist belief systems

TL;DR - immigrants get bad deal, can't integrate properly cos colonialism bad, get manipulated in their faith by political intervention.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:13 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

you come across as quite a smart fella generally Stink, but that statement is just dumb.
who even knows or cares who Salmon is these days other than the jihadis?

Well, it appears he was up on stage pontificating to a crowd, who presumably paid to be there.

I'd definately go out of my way to avoid listening to him. Not so far as stabbing him in the neck but I'd definately change the channel on the radio. Even if it meant listening to that nippy bird on radio Scotland for 15 minutes until he was finished.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Clearly of the 70-80 IQ median. A common result of cousinfucking.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Page 157 of 170