Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Horse dump on roads….

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:37 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Horse dump on roads…. Reply with quote

So how is it that it’s acceptable to leave huge piles of crap on the roads in this country?

So Fenella goes trot trot trot on her filly, and filly decides to dump a virtual barrow load of shit , off they both go not a care in the world.

Ffs , this isn’t the dark ages any more!
Not only is it abhorrent, it’s ‘ kin dangerous, especially on bends.
Is this or isn’t it a road traffic violation. If not , it bloody should be!

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are supposed to dash out and scoop it up for your rhubarb. Tut Tut
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:25 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
You are supposed to dash out and scoop it up for your rhubarb. Tut Tut

Roses. Tut Tut

Dead cats to go under the rhubarb.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing the straight man line, you are supposed to suggest custard is nicer Rolling Eyes .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and the POLITE high vis vests trying to impersonate cops for attention.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319998/Whoa-Horse-riders-wearing-hi-viz-arrested-impersonating-police.html

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:

of course youd never catch bikers doing that Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do bikers attract attention to themselves by impersonating the fuzz up your way then?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Do bikers attract attention to themselves by impersonating the fuzz up your way then?

yep have seen several with the hi viz "polite" jackets over the years. on white BMW's they do look quite convincing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
xX-Alex-Xx wrote:

yep have seen several with the hi viz "polite" jackets over the years. on white BMW's they do look quite convincing.

Have they ever taken a shit on the road though? Laughing Wait, don't answer that, they probably have.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 14 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a solution, better than the horse wearing a nappy.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/download.jpg

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 06:56 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/download.jpg

Fantastic solution

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:19 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2013/02/07/18/findus.jpg?quality=75&width=990&auto=webp&crop=982:726,smart
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:21 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

also available in traditional Shergar flavour

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:15 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like riding over poo. Esspecially slowly when I can see it squash and squeeze out the sides of the tyre! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
of course youd never catch bikers doing that Rolling Eyes

I've only ever seen one biker wearing a POLITE hi-vis and it was cringe as fuck. They also had a white helmet on and had their hard-case panniers taped up with the reflective yellow and red stripes. It was also a BMW but a GS and not an RT.

Seen them heading north on the M73 past Cumbernauld towards Stirling.

blurredman wrote:
I like riding over poo. Esspecially slowly when I can see it squash and squeeze out the sides of the tyre! Cool

Bruh...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:

Try dancing barefoot in cow fields, the feeling of a nice warm patte squeezing up between ur toes, Ahh, heaven. Sick

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:10 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Try dancing barefoot in cow fields, the feeling of a nice warm patte squeezing up between ur toes, Ahh, heaven. Sick

Can confirm. I was on holiday at Center Parcs when I was a kid, got up in the middle of the night for a piss and went
full toe squish on a Rottweiler egg that my parents pet dog had laid in the middle of the hallway about two minutes
previously going by the temperature. It's character building.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:29 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: POLITE High vis.

I don't care if you're a horse rider, motorcyclist, bicyclist, contortionist, creationist, violinist or whatever if you wear one of those you're a C*NT and there is no two ways about it. I used to see them all the time commuting to London, but since that dude was done for impersonating a police officer they have weirdly dropped out of fashion somewhat...

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

I don't care if you're a horse rider, motorcyclist, bicyclist, contortionist, creationist, violinist or whatever if you wear one of those you're a C*NT and there is no two ways about it. I used to see them all the time commuting to London, but since that dude was done for impersonating a police officer they have weirdly dropped out of fashion somewhat...

Of the countless bikers I have seen on the road I have only ever seen one guy with one and I've only ever seen one guy riding without a helmet. I think the vest thing is pretty rare in the motorcyclist world.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:53 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Of the countless bikers I have seen on the road I have only ever seen one guy with one and I've only ever seen one guy riding without a helmet. I think the vest thing is pretty rare in the motorcyclist world.

It is now, I've seen one guy doing wheelies up by Basildon Park with no lid... however I've honestly seen approaching triple figures of different motorcyclists riding along the M4 or M3 heading towards london in Rush hour. It's not common for leisure riders, but it certainly was VERY common for commuters. I suspect it isn't now so much because of a) Covid has just reduced the total number of commuters and b) people have been put off by the court cases and /or guidance from police.

Also Anecdote doesn't equal data, and you live in a place with cheap housing and low population! Razz

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/june/polite-vest-ruined-life/

{edit} By the way @Fat Angry Scotsman - I've actually been done for riding with no lid! Back in about 2008 or so... The only time I've ever got a fixed penalty... {/edit}

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/63953722.jpg

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I've actually been done for riding with no lid! Back in about 2008 or so... The only time I've ever got a fixed penalty...

Why were you riding without a lid? I am not going to get into a debate on whether people should be forced to wear lids or not, I just want to know why you did it out of sheer curiosity.

I personally wouldn't ride out on the road without a lid (to avoid my head being splattered over the road if I came off or get life altering brain damage) and I wouldn't ride without gloves (to avoid grazes to my hands if I ever came off).

They are the only two bits of kit I will religiously wear. I've been out in shorts, t-shirt and trainers countless times now but never without my lid or gloves.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:24 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Why were you riding without a lid? I am not going to get into a debate on whether people should be forced to wear lids or not, I just want to know why you did it out of sheer curiosity.

First off, I was riding without a lid, I hold my hand up to that.

However, it was for no further than about 5 metres, at walking pace, and it was in a completely dead cul-de-sac in Reading where I lived. I was working on my 350LC and trying to adjust the carbs. I had put the standard baffles back in, and had returned the jetting back to standard. Before this it was peaky AF, and it was great fun to ride but I wanted to sell the bike and so I put it back to standard. It was too nice to keep as a rider anyway so I wanted to move it on for some cash. I had adjusted the air screws back to standard setting and I wanted to see if it was still woolly down low. I rode from my garage (in a block) down the car park, around the end of the garages, onto the closed end of the cul-de-sac where the alley way came out, immediately U turned and rode back to my garage. That was enough as there was a panda car at the open end of the cul-de-sac waiting at the lights on a parallel main road. My helmet was indoors in my maisonette which was a 5 minute or so walk away, and honestly I just couldn't be arsed to go and get it just to check the walking pace jetting on a bike I was about to sell.

They were dicks about it and were desperate to do me for everything they could. They wanted me to get all of my documents and prove that I owned all of my bikes (as they came around to where my garage was, which was open as I was working on a bike). I said I wouldn't unless they let me put the bikes away first as I didn't want them stolen while I was rooting around in my filing cabinet indoors. They didn't like this, but the younger more grumpy one insisted. His silver haired fatter mate was obviously not as into going for me as youngster was and he did a PNC check which proved I was taxed, insured, licensed and that all the bikes were registered in my name. You could tell youngster was pissed off he could only do me for the lack of helmet, and was disappointed to find out it was only a £30 fine at the time.

I kept the fixed penalty notice on my desk at work for about 3 years after that as a mark of pride. It was actually in 2012 as I changed jobs just before that, and so 2008 was waay too early. I tend to categorise things by where I lived and the state of my relationship at the time, and 2012 was just on the end of that, and just at the beginning of something else.

Just to add to this whole sorry saga... I used to live in an area of Basingstoke a few years later, and that has a playing field just next to it which was constantly terrorised by two adults on pitbikes who rode around with no lids and across footpaths and in front of dog walkers. Did they ever get caught? Did they fook.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:47 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotna fixed penalty for no helmet as a pillion back in 88. It was 12 quid. No fucks given.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 15 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Who was that then, a biker?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Story about overly cuntish police

Not gonna lie mate, I think the scum were overly harsh writing you up for that. Policeman on a power trip? Who'd have thought? Rolling Eyes

Polarbear wrote:
Who was that then, a biker?

I think it was a horse rider in a story linked earlier?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 225 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2