Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:05 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’re aware that depiction of the prophet Mohammed offends all Muslims and therefore should be avoided out of courtesy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:14 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Wearing a mini-skirt isn’t recognised as a rule violation

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
You’re aware that depiction of the prophet Mohammed offends all Muslims and therefore should be avoided out of courtesy?

Make up your mind. Is it a rule or a courtesy?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:24 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that a woman wearing a mini-skirt is some sort of blasphemy then?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:40 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Are you saying that a woman wearing a mini-skirt is some sort of blasphemy then?

Are you saying that I'm saying that a woman wearing a mini-skirt is some sort of blasphemy then? Laughing

I'm sorry Jimbo, but if that's the kind of thing you're going to come out with then this conversation is pointless.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the contention lies in the Qur'an being seen by some as a perfect and immutable work and the Prophet being God's final messenger. All discussion is therefore pointless and to be terminated with extreme prejudice.

That the verses were never written down and part of the oral tradition, that the language they were originally spoken in no longer exists, that the written form of the Qur'an is as much a politically influenced work as Henry VIII's version of the Bible...

"LaLaLALA! CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus fcuking wept..............

Polio vaccine in Pakistan: Two policemen guarding vaccinators shot dead

Local polio vaccination teams are often targeted by anti-vaccine militants, some of whom claim vaccination is a Western plot to sterilise Muslims.

I rephrase, Allah fcuking wept.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-62564326

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

A courtesy is say calling someone by their title, if you fail to do so and that leads to you being beheaded in the street, I think most people would find that pretty f'ing mental.

I feel zero obligation to follow the rules of a foreign religion.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Jesus fcuking wept..............

Polio vaccine in Pakistan: Two policemen guarding vaccinators shot dead

Local polio vaccination teams are often targeted by anti-vaccine militants, some of whom claim vaccination is a Western plot to sterilise Muslims.

I rephrase, Allah fcuking wept.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-62564326

Yep, during covid when they were trying to portray the low vaccination rates* among ethnic minorities as a victim thing, it was actually down to this kind of mindset.

*obviously you choose to take whatever vaccine you want

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:02 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
polio vaccination teams are often targeted by anti-vaccine militants

Thinking

Much like their children, jokes about anti vaxxers will never get old?

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to join this conversation but haven't a clue where the conversation has gone for 150 odd pages.

Islam , as every other religion, is a nonsense really it is. But it keeps people who use it as feeling of comfort to them, it's worthwhile. I understand that.

Off topic, don't usually post about these things.
Boris was a lambasted by me as a buffoon. What were folks thinking? Next UK prime minister is so non, so scary actually that someone will be governing us that a lot of the population had never heard of until a few weeks ago.
I totally respect the people of the rest of the United Kingdom and their needs.
I am non judgemental. I give everybody a fair chance. Even though my girlfriends pal pooped on my jeans, I didn't judge her. It was minging though. Laughing (sorry off topic)
I'm all for fossil fuel being used to provide human essentials, fertilizers for example.
I support Nuclear power, safest and most efficient way to power our rechargeable vibrators.
Brexit was a mistake for Scotland
Scotland should 100% be governed by Scotland, we can do a better job of things than your strange Tory party
I don't like the SNP. Authoritarianism unfortunately.
Why is there not enough healthcare, money, for nations that are in general running on empty? I don't like the term thirdworld. wtf we should all share the bountiful resources. Never mind looking after our little selves here in the UK. We are all selfish.
We are lucky a set of atoms to be here or more so have a conscience. Imagine the whole universe as nothing and we developed from that. The A Planck length is 1.6 x 10^-35 meters. Where in evolution did that evolve into greedy sods humans.
There needs to be more development in cannabis as a medicine. There has been no proper research since 1920's due to it being illegal. I know from the people I speak to based on theirs and my experience with the ill people. A wide range of ill people, including my son.

Anyway not to worry I can always blast on my bike, thank fuck. I do fancy an MV Augusta Superveloce in red. Has anyone seen the add for it....wow

I might make myself an Irish Coffee (another). Goodnight

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots for the Scots! There's some irony in demanding freedom and then turning to fascism Thinking Reichskanzler Sturgeon will be your leader for life Shocked

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:12 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SNP like Sinn Féin and all these other supposedly nationalist parties seem to be bigger internationalists than Labour and the Tories.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
my girlfriends pal pooped on my jeans

some people pay money for that kind of service Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:43 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
The SNP like Sinn Féin and all these other supposedly nationalist parties seem to be bigger internationalists than Labour and the Tories.

Nah. The SNP are only pro EU because it gives them a lever to demand a second referrendum.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:00 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
M.C wrote:

Nah. The SNP are only pro EU because it gives them a lever to demand a second referrendum.

Surely the EU offers a larger teat to suckle from?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
M.C wrote:

Membership of the European Union, or the ‘European Economic Community’, as it was called prior to 1993, has been an integral part of the SNP’s narrative of independence since 1988 when ‘Independence in Europe’ became official party policy.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

The European Economic Community bears absolutly no resemblence to the present political animal that is the EU. If it had stayed that way I have absolutly no doubt we would still be a member.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure but I posted that to show the SNP's pro-EEC/EU stance goes back 30 years. Apparently they were anti-joining (the EEC) in the 70's but that isn't unusual, a lot of lefties were back then.

It's why I've never understood the switch to where now they act like the EU is life.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 18 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grift is too tempting. All integrity on the Left died with Wedgie Benn Sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:48 - 18 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The grift is too tempting. All integrity on the Left died with Wedgie Benn Sad

And Michael Foot. Personally I couldn't stand the cvnt but he stuck to his principles. Something no modern politician would consider.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Rushdie used a traditional Islamic tale as the basis for a new fiction and was thus seen as portraying the character Mohammed, which is forbidden. I think it was as simple as that. Clearly he didn’t deserve what followed but I don’t know why it’s necessary for him, Charlie Hebdo and others to go out of their way to disrespect that rule. As a lapsed Muslim Rushdie should have known better than anyone how significant it would be.

Edit: it did his career a lot of good.

I think the issue I have here is the example of the World Cup being in Qatar: daily articles about banning of alcohol, rainbow flags, displays of affection, etc. etc. with harsh punishments (also there was an amusing picture of a 'burger' last week which looked like someones foot after walking 4000 miles in their sandles)

The white apologists respond with 'Their country, their rules'. But the above are classic examples of the results of violations of their rules in Western countries.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I can't remember who the guy was, but he responded to JK Rowlings Twitter post (expressing sympathy for Rushdie) with "Don't worry, you're next"

Strangely, unlike anything by Trump, Yaxley Lennon, etc. this (at first) did not violate twitters guidelines on Hate Speech.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
The white apologists respond with 'Their country, their rules'.

I agree with that, if you go to a Muslim country you abide by their rules/laws, if a Muslim comes here they abide by ours.

The main issue is Formula 1, football are getting all preachy with their activism, whilst at the same time are all too happy to put their 'values' aside for wads of cash.

https://cdn-3.latimages.com/images/mgl/40OBYZ/s4/1018743204-SUT-20210801-GP2111_124204MS2_2125.jpg

bhinso wrote:
Also I can't remember who the guy was, but he responded to JK Rowlings Twitter post (expressing sympathy for Rushdie) with "Don't worry, you're next"

He was a student in Pakistan which's a bit strange. Did she piss off Muslims as well? Smile

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 12 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Donk ever come back? Shocked

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:00 - 13 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Did Donk ever come back? Shocked

Why do you miss him? Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Page 159 of 170