Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Intercom - Where do I start?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Frappawotsit
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:10 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Intercom - Where do I start? Reply with quote

OK, so as I've said elsewhere, I'm newly returned to biking after a 15 year lay-off. When I last rode the Autocom Pro M1 was the intercom of choice, alas things have moved on in my absence. I've done a LOT of googling, but it definitely looks like a minefield out there.... so on to my question/s....

I'm a rider that is looking for the following from an Intercom:
I'm usually out with one other rider, so usually 2 x solo riders, or 2 x solo/pillion pairs if our better halves join us.
I'd like for us all to be able to communicate, but the priority is Rider to own pillion and other rider.
I'd also like it to connect to smartphone for music and satnav, and ideally my pillion would hear at least the music, if not both music and satnav. (don't need or want other rider / rider/pillion to be subjected to my music)
Of course I want the units to be waterproof as I'm a UK based rider, so likely most of my riding will be UK with some Western Europe trips thrown in.

My helmet is a Schuberth C4 Pro with built in speakers/mic, however the integrated intercom (SC1) seems to get pretty crappy reviews so I expect I'll have to remove the speakers/mic and replace from whatever system I end up with.

So if anyone is still awake..... what would the recommendations be from your experiences?

I'm going to guess Cardo Packtalk Bold/Edge or Sena 50S? But hoping to get other options and real world experiences of all recommendations.....

Thanks Very Happy

Speed19
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 06:52 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the same boat a couple weeks ago and in the end (mainly due to price) I went with the Cardo Spirit HD. The sound is amazing for the price and I believe it works well with one other rider. You can get a dual pack for not that much money.

In terms of helmets and from my research they are all fairly similar in that you will need to remove linings etc for all the cables. It was a faff on my Shark helmet but in the end after a lot of playing around I managed to get all the cable tucked under the lining
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1