Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 30 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I'm fine with guilt when it's justified

Nope, I've given up doing it entirely.

Quote:
I just don't tolerate hypocrisy.

I'm happy to go for it when everyone else is.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 30 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I'm fine with guilt when it's justified I just don't tolerate hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy isn't a total write-off. A dad with a 20-a-day habit can still say "don't take up smoking, son, it's a mug's game."

I note that the Right-Wing tin foil merchants are ramping up their anti-WEF stuff at the moment and Climate Change being one of those topics that get's Klaus Schwab hard* I suppose it's slightly thread related...

While they're very quick to trot out all the plans the WEF has to bring down Western Civilisation (made relatively easy given said plans are overt and plastered all over their website) there's very little comment from our Aluminium Ascot Adorned Alumni about how the WEF intends to deal with places like Pakistani, i.e. Islam Thinking

*"arrrgh! mental image" you're welcome!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Hypocrisy isn't a total write-off. A dad with a 20-a-day habit can still say "don't take up smoking, son, it's a mug's game."

That wouldn't be hypocrisy, saying smoking is a disgusting habit and I can't believe you do it, then having a crafty cigarette in the garden shed would be hypocrisy.

Pretty much what's happening with emissions/pollution actually.

Easy-X wrote:
I note that the Right-Wing tin foil merchants are ramping up their anti-WEF stuff at the moment and Climate Change being one of those topics that get's Klaus Schwab hard* I suppose it's slightly thread related...

While they're very quick to trot out all the plans the WEF has to bring down Western Civilisation (made relatively easy given said plans are overt and plastered all over their website) there's very little comment from our Aluminium Ascot Adorned Alumni about how the WEF intends to deal with places like Pakistani, i.e. Islam Thinking

*"arrrgh! mental image" you're welcome!

Deal with? I don't think they see a problem, everyone else can have their countries, but we have to be multi-cultural because reasons.

The climate guilt narrative is just one of their many reasons, and it's being pushed so heavily cos all the supposed benefits (economic/social), were myths which no one buys anymore.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is the World Economic Forum not Western Economic Forum so world domination has to be up there Wink

Africa for instance get's mentioned in things like their "centralised food hubs" so they obviously have some plans for that continent. Africa's pretty easy though as it mostly runs on corruption. China will continue to be happy if they make everything and think they're really in charge. Western countries are happy to with the role of administrators so they think they're in charge Smile

I would say the enemy of a Utopian is another Utopian. We have a "Woke Pope" so that's Catholicism out the way. Similarly with CofE. I still think poor Muslims might be a problem. (The rich one's have come out with "Neom" and if that's not WEF-inspired madness I don't know what is!)

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a distinct possibility that if they keep on importing to Europe all and sundry from largely muslim parts of the world, the woke lot will seriously be shooting themselves in the foot (a hobby they seem to enjoy Laughing ), and we'll end up with an extreme right-wing Islamic power bloc, with nukes and all the modern technology.

Thinking I wonder what they'd do with the Large Hadron Collider? Destroy it as unholy I imagine Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Well it is the World Economic Forum not Western Economic Forum so world domination has to be up there Wink

You could have fooled me... '8 predictions for the world in - 2030' https://en-gb.facebook.com/worldeconomicforum/videos/8-predictions-for-the-world-in-2030/10153920524981479/

Pertinent to this convo...
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/wef.png

Easy-X wrote:
Africa for instance get's mentioned in things like their "centralised food hubs" so they obviously have some plans for that continent.

The unsustainable African population boom, and impending humanitarian disaster is what I believe most of this is about.

Easy-X wrote:
We have a "Woke Pope" so that's Catholicism out the way. Similarly with CofE. I still think poor Muslims might be a problem. (The rich one's have come out with "Neom" and if that's not WEF-inspired madness I don't know what is!)

I wouldn't say woke... Archbishop Justin Welby criticised for ‘affirming validity’ of 1998 declaration that gay sex is a sin, but the church are definitely multi-culturalists: Archbishop of Canterbury urges compassion for migrants who ‘arrive on the beaches’

What Saudi Arabia and other middle-eastern countries are doing is interesting, albeit slightly different circumstances (economies based on oil). The Saudi regime doesn't seem like they would be intimidated by the WEF or anyone else, and they have enough money of their own.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:33 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I think there's a distinct possibility that if they keep on importing to Europe all and sundry from largely muslim parts of the world, the woke lot will seriously be shooting themselves in the foot (a hobby they seem to enjoy Laughing ), and we'll end up with an extreme right-wing Islamic power bloc, with nukes and all the modern technology.

There's actually people who welcome this, to sort out the 'woke lot', because for some reason we're too weak to do it ourselves. I believe it started out as a meme, but a lot of right-wingers aren't all that intelligent, and took it seriously Doh!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

There's actually people who welcome this, to sort out the 'woke lot', because for some reason we're too weak to do it ourselves. I believe it started out as a meme, but a lot of right-wingers aren't all that intelligent, and took it seriously Doh!

I don't welcome it while I'm still in reasonable health (everything is relative Laughing ), but if I'm on my deathbed when it happens, I'll die laughing. It's certainly what the woke (crazy people? Shitlibs? What term do you prefer? I feel it's actually more than one group, but I'm lazy and want one all-encompassing term) deserve. It's just a shame they feel they have to take everyone else with them into whatever disastrous future they end up engineering.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I don't welcome it while I'm still in reasonable health (everything is relative Laughing ), but if I'm on my deathbed when it happens, I'll die laughing.

2050, homosexuality is outlawed and the burqa becomes mandatory Laughing

As long as people get what they advocate for, I'm fine with whatever happens. Unfortunately that's rarely the case, and it's ordinary folk with no say or power that suffer.

chickenstrip wrote:
It's certainly what the woke (crazy people? Shitlibs? What term do you prefer? I feel it's actually more than one group, but I'm lazy and want one all-encompassing term) deserve.

It's a co-opted term (which's hilarious), used for all of it now, but it was originally a black term for those aware of 'black issues'. Although shitlibs Wink do support BLM etc..

chickenstrip wrote:
It's just a shame they feel they have to take everyone else with them into whatever disastrous future they end up engineering.

What I find really strange is these are the same people who go on about democracy, so why is none of this being done democratically?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 31 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh*
Think I'll stick to "the crazy people" then. Seems to be the common denominator between the critical theory lot, the climate apocalypse crew, and all the SJWs.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:12 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
What I find really strange is these are the same people who go on about democracy, so why is none of this being done democratically?

No, I think you'll find they go on about "Our Democracy" not your democracy Wink

There was a bit in a recent Bill Burr interview where he said "read Wilmington's Lie if you wanna know why the US is so fucked up"

Quote:
...North Carolina's white supremacist Democrats had a different strategy. They were plotting to take back the state legislature in November "by the ballot or bullet or both" [they] rolled out a carefully orchestrated campaign that included raucous rallies, race-baiting editorials and newspaper cartoons, and sensational, fabricated news stories.

With intimidation and violence, the Democrats suppressed the black vote and stuffed ballot boxes (or threw them out)

A very strange view of "democracy" from the Land of the Free™ Thinking

We've not quite got to the Uniparty insanity of the US but we're down to two bare distinguishable main parties (due to the incompetence of the LibDems) and we certainly have the Administrative State that actively works against the wishes of the plebs.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
There was a bit in a recent Bill Burr interview where he said "read Wilmington's Lie if you wanna know why the US is so fucked up"

This is the same guy who said white women were only saying black men raped them cos they got caught cheating...

Easy-X wrote:
Quote:
...North Carolina's white supremacist Democrats had a different strategy. They were plotting to take back the state legislature in November "by the ballot or bullet or both" [they] rolled out a carefully orchestrated campaign that included raucous rallies, race-baiting editorials and newspaper cartoons, and sensational, fabricated news stories.

With intimidation and violence, the Democrats suppressed the black vote and stuffed ballot boxes (or threw them out)

Don't we have exactly this now? The Wilmington riot reads like the others, black people were all amazing and aspiring middle-class folk, and whitey got jealous. You can read opposite accounts from the time and just logically, African Americans would have to be completely different to Africans and other slave decedents (in the Caribbean etc.), for any of that to be remotely true.

You'll also find numerous examples actually in living memory of black race riots, notably two summers ago, but obviously they don't count whilst whitey's forever does.

Easy-X wrote:
A very strange view of "democracy" from the Land of the FreeThinking

I've never seen the US that way, especially back then which would have been wild west era. In terms of voter manipulation, you have wholesale demographic replacement going on, which even skynews were openly talking about during the last US election (which did surprise me).

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

1898 would be the extreme tail-end of the "Wild West" and [checks Google Maps] North Carolina is on the Atlantic coast so relatively civilised even at the height of things like the gold rush out in California.

But yes, the parallels with the Biden presidential campaign are uncanny.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
1898 would be the extreme tail-end of the "Wild West"

Hence why I said era, not at the height of or anything like that.

Easy-X wrote:
and [checks Google Maps] North Carolina is on the Atlantic coast

Obviously Confused

Easy-X wrote:
so relatively civilised even at the height of things like the gold rush out in California.

Eh? 1882 to 1968. During this time, 4,743 people were lynched — including 3,446 African Americans and 1,297 whites. More than 73 percent of lynchings in the post-Civil War period occurred in the Southern states.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much better now we've digitised lynchings Smile

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another incident where it is bleeding obvious they are being allowed to do this as 'influencers'.
If not they must have incredibly lax security even letting them in with banners and glue.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/02/extinction-rebellion-activists-superglue-themselves-commons-chamber-speaker-seat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign translation "Let the Collective decide" and "Communism Now."

Is hanging, drawing and quartering still on the books?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 14 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back hanging:

Oil protesters throw soup on Van Gogh's Sunflowers painting

Okay so the painting is behind glass but the intent was to destroy a priceless piece of art. Sentence: 15 lashes in the public square.

And for whomsoever it is funding these people (George Soros, Bill Gates, etc.) execution for treason.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 14 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Bring back hanging:

Okay so the painting is behind glass but the intent was to destroy a priceless piece of art. Sentence: 15 lashes in the public square.

And for whomsoever it is funding these people (George Soros, Bill Gates, etc.) execution for treason.

Agreed. Also if they carry on like this art is going to end up behind bullet proof glass with barriers 6 ft away so the normal person won't be able to have a good look at it. Like the Mona Lisa is in the Louvre.

https://cdn-imgix.headout.com/mircobrands-content/image/696dd8fde9c991cb1b63f69f1ddd6635-mona%20lisa%20louvre.jpeg?auto=compress%2Cformat&h=573&q=75&fit=crop&ar=16%3A9&fm=webp

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 14 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Bring back hanging:

I think it's sad that so many young people are suffering from mental health problems that lead them to do things like this. Poor parenting? Poor schooling? Too much social media for sure.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The intent was to gain publicity, not to destroy a painting. Just like the young lady who poured the contents of the student union crapper over Sir Tom. Their aims are laudable, however promotion of their methods is subject to the power of the media and therefore doomed to fail.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
No. The intent was to gain publicity, not to destroy a painting. Just like the young lady who poured the contents of the student union crapper over Sir Tom. Their aims are laudable, however promotion of their methods is subject to the power of the media and therefore doomed to fail.

Until they destroy one.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Their aims are laudable...

Huh? What exactly do you think their aims are?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:06 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Diggs wrote:

For 19th century artists to stop using oil paints?

Last edited by Ste on 14:35 - 15 Oct 2022; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Look at ME!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 38 of 55