Is eating meat okay?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
And now the German environment minister has as good as stated that starvation of millions is not important when he's busy trying to save the planet Brick Wall
Don't vote for green policies!

Well it's not in that sense is it. With 7 billion people on the planet we could lose 6 billion and hardly notice. Lose the planet and end of, callous as it may seem.

The problem is that number of migrants that will move because they are starving. I've seen a billion quoted and I'm sure that isn't over estimated.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 16:54 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big meat eater but l don't have the free time to big game hunt and prefer fishing on a boat drinking booze and making fish fry at the end of the day. Could eat rabbits/hares but they are more pests so get shot and left in the field for the coyotes, l also shoot the coyotes.

I have tagged along with others on some deer and elk hunts when l first came to Canada. its a lot of work and sometime days you luck out but its rewarding to fill up a chest freezer with meat at the start of winter.

My wife's cousin was able to get drawn for a moose tag (lottery system for hunting tags for population control). When animal can weight up to 1500lb that's a lot of meat and several family's can benefit from it.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
And now the German environment minister has as good as stated that starvation of millions is not important when he's busy trying to save the planet Brick Wall
Don't vote for green policies!

Well it's not in that sense is it. With 7 billion people on the planet we could lose 6 billion and hardly notice. Lose the planet and end of, callous as it may seem.

We don't lose the planet. The planet will happily carry on, with or without us. It's people that die. So who are we supposed to be "saving the planet" for? Are we selecting those who can live, and those who must die? Who is your choice for each category? Are you in the "die" category of others? Your children and grandchildren?

Me, I'm pretty much done with life anyway, so I'm not that bothered. Am I supposed to care about others? Why, if we're going to cull a load of them anyway?

The 'logic' is nuts.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:

I have tagged along with others on some deer and elk hunts when l first came to Canada. its a lot of work and sometime days you luck out but its rewarding to fill up a chest freezer with meat at the start of winter.

You are Joe Rogan and I claim my five dollah.
Well, he's the only other geezer I know of that hunts elk and talks about having freezers full of the stuff. He might end up being the last survivor Laughing
Or maybe Tim Pool if man can live on chicken and eggs alone (he's a mug - people can invade his land and kill him. The smart people hunt and stay on the move).
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
Big meat eater but l don't have the free time to big game hunt and prefer fishing on a boat drinking booze and making fish fry at the end of the day. Could eat rabbits/hares but they are more pests so get shot and left in the field for the coyotes, l also shoot the coyotes.

My wife's cousin was able to get drawn for a moose tag (lottery system for hunting tags for population control). When animal can weight up to 1500lb that's a lot of meat and several family's can benefit from it.

What would Canadians say/do if Trudeau decided civilians were no longer allowed to own guns? I wouldn't put it beyond that looney.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
The problem is that number of migrants that will move because they are starving. I've seen a billion quoted and I'm sure that isn't over estimated.

It's mainly sub-Saharan Africa... In 2017, 37 countries, including 28 in Africa, depended on food aid, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations

These countries are: Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Djibouti, DR Congo [or Democratic Republic of the Congo], Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Haiti, Iraq, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zimbabwe.

Countries in italics worth pointing out they've been destabilised by foreign powers (4 of them western).

chickenstrip wrote:
So who are we supposed to be "saving the planet" for?

People who hate us and those that wouldn't make the same sacrifices, especially for others.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

chickenstrip wrote:
So who are we supposed to be "saving the planet" for?

People who hate us and those that wouldn't make the same sacrifices, especially for others.

Apparently so.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

That would be some trap shoot Shocked

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 19:56 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
tatters wrote:

What would Canadians say/do if Trudeau decided civilians were no longer allowed to own guns? I wouldn't put it beyond that looney.

We would not comply just like everything else the scumbag does.

2.3 million licensed owners and over 12 million legally owned firearms in Canada and most estimates that you can double that number if you include firearms owned by owners without a license (99% of farmers and rural folk, the guys l last went hunting with did not have firearm licenses).

Only 1.3M pistols and 100k AR-15 types were ever registered.

Good luck finding them all in the second largest land mass country on earth.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:31 - 01 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were to look at me, hmm how can I say eat, fat baarrrstad.

You'd be quite shocked to learn, I've not eaten meat in 34 years. Never missed it, it's simply not for me.

Have 1 kid who's veggie also, wife and other 2 full on carnivorous.

8 stone wife always gets my veggie option presented to her when eating out and her vile meaty stuff to me.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:19 - 02 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veggies we don't mind it's the Vegans we have beef with Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true that ink for tattoos is made from animal products?

If so, then I would assume not a single Vegetarian/Vegan has a tattoo. Otherwise there would be some kind of wokanist paradox.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the country is going to have a meat famine because 250 rabbits have been set free. Who the fuck eats rabbit anyway, it's like eating pigeon - I'm sure it's nutritional but it's hardly suited for the average British palate.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:40 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've eaten pigeon.....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I've eaten pigeon.....

I thought he'd just got bored with the forum.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2