BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Taking A1 Test on 100cc / Updating V5 to 125cc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:00 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hell. Is he still crapping on about this?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:06 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe A1 is a good choice for the OP after all as he won't need to have lessons.

I mean, I'd have a lot of pity for the instructor who had to teach someone who won't be told anything. Shocked

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Wait for it........ Reply with quote

He'll be back in a year asking us the best way to do a full 'A' licence on the cheap without paying the extortionate (energy company style) high prices the schools all charge.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:39 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get why he thinks he could pass an a test and not pass an a2 or a test without instruction.

They are essentially the same test just with different size bikes.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why autistic people should be sectioned.

Seriously, take your Paxil (or whatever anti-tard drug your are prescribed), get your head in the game and either turn up for your gay ops small bike test on a suitable vehicle, or if you can bring yourself to not be a low functioning spastic for a moment, do your real man’s licence. As Nobby says it’s the same thing just on a bigger bike. You don’t have to set your CB100 on fire the moment you pass your test (although you should, because it’s fucking shit), but you’ve invested the same amount of time and a few quid more getting a licence that’s actually worthwhile.

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:40 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh has she flounced?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:21 - 05 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbrand42 wrote:
Oh has she flounced?

Nah, proper meltdown in mummy's room.

dn38416
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:26 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

I doubt anyone here has actually taken an A1 test

I took one back in the day, but tbf I was working next door to the test centre at the time, and my CBT was up for renewal. I might be mis-remembering, but i'd already got the theory test under my belt so there wasn't much difference in price between doing the two mods for A1 on my 125cc and going to redo the CBT.

Worked out pretty well, did both A1 mods which were a dry run for the full licence I did at the same course with the same examiners a few months later. Work, money and other issues meant I couldn't just do the A course straight away but I was glad I did the A1 in the end, I was riding the 125cc on motorways for quite a bit after that which takes a certain mindset!

I don't remember anyone checking vehicle docs at the time.

Full disclosure: I haven't read any of the aggro beyond the first page of this thread. So apologies if this is all completely useless information.

HondaCityExpr...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:50 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dn38416 wrote:
A100man wrote:

I doubt anyone here has actually taken an A1 test

I took one back in the day, but tbf I was working next door to the test centre at the time, and my CBT was up for renewal. I might be mis-remembering, but i'd already got the theory test under my belt so there wasn't much difference in price between doing the two mods for A1 on my 125cc and going to redo the CBT.

Worked out pretty well, did both A1 mods which were a dry run for the full licence I did at the same course with the same examiners a few months later. Work, money and other issues meant I couldn't just do the A course straight away but I was glad I did the A1 in the end, I was riding the 125cc on motorways for quite a bit after that which takes a certain mindset!

I don't remember anyone checking vehicle docs at the time.

Full disclosure: I haven't read any of the aggro beyond the first page of this thread. So apologies if this is all completely useless information.

Thanks for the friendly reply! They seem few and far between in here, I'm the same, just want to get the A1 to negate having to get a CBT all the time and then will upgrade my license if I ever see the need to.

Thanks again for the info Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5