BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: New bike. Reply with quote

Bought a track 97 srad 600 Suzuki this week. Given it the once over, out on a Cadwell track evening Monday. Seems decent, 10k miles, White power shock, fork kit, dyno jet kit, EBC disks and pads.
Changed oil and filter, Motul 300v gave it a polish and we are ready to go.
Bright red with 98 numberboards on it, come and say hello if you are there.

OGR

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 31 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a good evening. Got my pensioners replacement knee down, roll on the next one lol. Bike ran perfect after a few suspension adjusts. Overgeared, ordered some new sprockets.

OGR

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 31 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you any photos mate?

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:23 - 01 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I know nothing about race bikes, but 10k to me sounds high mileage if it's lived most of those miles being caned around? Or was it likely originally road going and converted at a later stage? Genuinely interested. Smile

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:41 - 01 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
As I know nothing about race bikes, but 10k to me sounds high mileage if it's lived most of those miles being caned around? Or was it likely originally road going and converted at a later stage? Genuinely interested. Smile

I have a 30k CBR600RR. probably 10k of that was track use. It's fine, just change the oil and filter and it's good to go. The engine is not what would wear out. The suspension? Maybe but with a track bike it's usually upgraded anyway.

The worst wear on my bike comes from either crashes or it having been used to commute in all weathers.

In fact, I change the oil so often on my bike that it never gets a chance to go black, and usually comes out something like the colour it went in, which probably means it's cleaner inside there than it would be in the average road bike engine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:19 - 01 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:

My Vara 125 spent something like from 50k miles to 77k at 100% throttle down the motorway. A track bike doesn't get hammered, it lives in the fun rev range, not 100% all the time. They tend to get looked after a bit more, oil and consumables replaced far more often.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a couple more track days on it and made some changes. Once I'd got a bit more used to it and used to riding like a track rider again the front end was too soft.

Its got '97 forks with no compression adjustment so the forks have been off, drained of what looked like ATF flushed and refilled with 12.5 wt fork oil with a smaller air gap.

On the last one it was running very hot, making it reluctant to start so a new high capacity race rad has gone on.

Also sorted some wets on wheels out (good grief wets are expensive!) so bring on the rain Smile.

Out tomorrow (Friday 23rd) at Cadwell for a pre 97 track day, see how the mods work, fingers crossed.

OGR
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 206 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1