Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Tory-bashing thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:03 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a bit concerned about the IMF sticking their oar it and berating the country. Surely it's not their job to specifically critisize a countries policies but to be there just as an oversight organisation for finance.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I was a bit concerned about the IMF sticking their oar it and berating the country. Surely it's not their job to specifically critisize a countries policies but to be there just as an oversight organisation for finance.

All part of the globalist menace.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:12 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IMF will be the ones who will be bailing the country out when this shitstorm goes down so they are perfectly entitled to say that it's a fucking stupid idea.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:19 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The market is recovering due to the Bank of England buying up loads of bonds in an effort to stabilise the economy.

It is not recovering all by itself or because of anything the government has done.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

So if one of your kids is screwing up their personal finances and you know at some point your going to get tapped to help them you say nothing?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, Doh!

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Re: The Tory-bashing thread Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
No traps set here

Thinking

A woman spent three days in hospital - after her daughter's dog accidently did a poo on her face while she was asleep. Amanda Gommo, 51, was taking an afternoon nap with chihuahua Belle when the pooch became ill and had violent diarrhoea.

The mum-of-three was asleep with her mouth open, top and tailing with Belle, when the messy accident occurred, and some got in her mouth. She ran to the bathroom to be sick but later ended up in hospital with a gastrointestinal infection - passed on from the pet.

Amanda, from Bristol, said: "I was having my afternoon nap with Belle, like I always do, when I suddenly felt something squirt in my mouth. I rushed to the bathroom and my son was in the shower, so before I washed it out I had time to take a quick snap!

"It was disgusting, and I was hurling violently for hours after. I just couldn't get the taste out of my mouth."

https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/real-life/article7626770.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/0_a-woman-spent-t-890614.jpg

Rain

fake noos !

Thas like me after me Marmite on toast FFS

Nutella would have looked moar shit like

Why so serious? a shit eating grin woulda lightened it up a bit too

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the lefties gripes about Truss's tax reductions, but I'm hearing rumours that she's beginning to edge us back towards the EU. If so, she's going to lose loads of support from another side too.

Is she in the globalist's pockets? If that turns out to be so, then the Tories will have lost me entirely - and I've always been more of one of those floating voters, just that Labour and the Lib Dems haven't been realistic propositions in a long time - I think the Tories might be going the same way...could see the argument that they have been for a long time now. Reform UK looks to me like all I have left to consider.

Is it all a plot to destroy democracy? Shocked
I think you could be forgiven for thinking so, even if you weren't normally a cynic.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see why we don't all pay the same percentage tax on what we earn. 20% is enough for anyone. If you earn more, by simple maths you pay more than someone who earns less even though the percentage is the same.
I don't earn a fortune, but I can't see a problem.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe when Britain's political Parties adopted the Political Strategy of Murica we were well on the way to anarchy.

The major problem in politics is that no fuker is interested in the middle ground.

The Lefties (Idiots) are shouting too loudly and too many proletariat are listening to the noise.

The Right Wingers are far too extreme to be taken seriously.

The dichotomy of politics is the issue not the interest rates, war in Ukraine or unemployment.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I get the lefties gripes about Truss's tax reductions, but I'm hearing rumours that she's beginning to edge us back towards the EU.

She has accepted a peculiar invitation from Macron to join 44 EU and non-EU countries at a summit in Prague on the 6th October. It’s not clear what Macron is trying to do unless it’s to reject the EU’s slow pace in admitting new members. He must be aware that the EU sees democracy unanimity as a problem for the EU, so a splinter group (if that’s what this is) would have the same problem… unless Macron was their Emperor.

In other news, BBC Radio 4 reporting that the pound has rallied after the Chancellor’s 45% tax rate U-turn, although they ignored the much greater uptick over the last few days. Yesterday they interviewed two fishwives on the street for their insights on the economy. Informed as they were, one was able to say that Truss “hasn’t got a brain.”

How have the Tories won recent elections when they’ve had the full weight of the MSM against them? Are the silent majority still of the same mind? Labour’s performance backed by the true opposition is likely to turn me into a Tory voter for the first time ever… or one of those minority parties… where’s Screaming Lord Sutch when you need him? (I know Sad )

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:39 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously stated, the up tick over the last couple of days was caused by the BoE buying up gilts to steady the economy.

Are you really thick as pigshit or are you just pretending for comedy value?

I really hope none of you are planning on being ill or unemployed any time soon because there will be fuck all state support because of this budget.

Here's a prime example of cuntish behaviour. How the fuck do you get a better paid job when literally every job is minimum wage?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-63118022

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partly so, but the uptick wasn’t widely broadcast. There has also been a downturn and then recovery against the dollar in other currencies.

No need to be rude about it, although The Nasty Party mantle does seem to have been moved to the left.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

How have the Tories won recent elections when they’ve had the full weight of the MSM against them? Are the silent majority still of the same mind? Labour’s performance backed by the true opposition is likely to turn me into a Tory voter for the first time ever… or one of those minority parties… where’s Screaming Lord Sutch when you need him? (I know Sad )

Exactly, Labour lose elections, the Tories aren't winning them, which really tells you something about just how bad Labour is perceived to be. Either they get rid of the radicals, or at least silence them, and stop this silly pandering to them (not knowing what a woman is? Really?!) or they continue to lose, almost no matter how bad the Tories get.

You do have ReformUK to consider. What are your thoughts about them?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I really hope none of you are planning on being ill or unemployed any time soon because there will be fuck all state support because of this budget.

I'm unemployed. I have not sought help from the state, except for concessions on council tax. I already receive my Armed Services pension, and don't really feel I can ask for more. It is not the state's fault I'm where I am. If I was physically fit, I'd take a labouring job rather than claim benefits - never any shortage of that kind of work, and frankly, relying on the government to get by is unacceptably demoralising - been there, no thanks, I'd rather starve.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I regard them as an anti-EU lobby group like UKIP whose job is done. I can’t yet take them seriously as a viable Parliamentary party with wide-ranging policies.

Sir! Sir! Nobby belatedly added to his post without saying “Edit”! You of all people know I hate that.
Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I regard them as an anti-EU lobby group like UKIP whose job is done. I can’t yet take them seriously as a viable Parliamentary party with wide-ranging policies.

What do you base this opinion on?
Whilst I get that they don't think Brexit has been completed (many are of that view), from what I've seen they do have a wider range of policies than that. Thus far, I do still wonder if they may be a bit too business oriented, but the jury is still out for me, need to hear more.
I'm anti-EU (as the EU currently is), so that doesn't put me off!

Although tbh, all my political opinions are currently under review given the changes and revelations we have been seeing in a world more and more dominated by globalist politics. It's getting towards a point where national elections will mean little.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:21 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Partly so, but the uptick wasn’t widely broadcast. There has also been a downturn and then recovery against the dollar in other currencies.

The uptick is probably a reaction to the stupidity being cancelled and the BoE buying loads of gilts.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 21:24 - 03 Oct 2022; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Yes it was. On here there was a fucking row about whether it was a recovery or a rise....

You had a row, I had a discussion Laughing
Has it recovered yet, btw?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I do think Brexit is done and I’m happy with it as long as we move forward. But a hard Brexit was Reform’s aim. What else? What follows, and why would they be best-placed to deliver? I need convincing.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:27 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed my comment because I've discovered that the pound is stronger now than it was before.

Most of that is the marlet now recovering after the stupidity was removed but there's still a 40bn hole in the UK's budget.

Doing that just to do a tax break is stupid. I personally would forgo the 1% tax break.

Windfall tax exactly the same as the EU is the way to go.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
No, I do think Brexit is done and I’m happy with it as long as we move forward. But a hard Brexit was Reform’s aim. What else? What follows, and why would they be best-placed to deliver? I need convincing.

Yes, I need convincing too, they need to seek a higher profile in the media. But there's the rub, isn't it? We've got to wait until they gain a higher profile, but until they do, they won't get the media attention - catch 22 for them.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
there's still a 40bn hole in the UK's budget.

Not to mention the $2 trillion of debt from Covid response policy.

Quote:
Windfall tax exactly the same as the EU is the way to go.

I heard the EU is in some disarray over exactly what they want to do on this, not settled yet.

Revenue from a windfall tax will soon be spent, and I think we will need longer term solutions than this.

I still think it might be a good idea to scrap VAT on unprocessed food items, maybe some other things like low-end clothing, everyday stuff, if you really want to help the less well off.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:13 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

And your planned contribution is what?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 03 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

And your planned contribution is what?

Sorry, not sure what you're getting at?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3