Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

blamski
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 01 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Just changing the subject slightly,

Why did you do the A2 test? You're 54

The A2 test is typically for youngsters 19-23. In my opinion a pointless test and i've told my 19 year old to just wait until he is 24 and just do his DAS.

Decent question. I moved to spain 20 years ago and thanks to brexit I had to bin my UK driving licence and get a spanish one. There was no new test or anything, but now I have to abide by the spanish rules. These rules state that you have to hold an A2 licence for 2 years before you can get the A, regardless of your age or how long you've been driving.

I wasn't too bothered at first because I was pretty sure a 47bhp bike would be plenty.... but of course I have the bug now and will most probably do my A at the first opportunity

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:38 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
At 54 I think your mum needs to unwrap the cotton wool Laughing

Is the right answer.

FWIW, I'm 52 and have been riding daily since I had a moped at 16. I fell off that first day and have never fallen off since.

I have however had two, non-fault accidents. The first when a drugged up, pissed up pedestrian ran into me from the side (and nearly knocked me off) and the second a when white van man crashed into me from behind when I was sitting at a red light.

Those second two you can't avoid whether you're a pedestrian, cyclist, car driver, HGV driver etc.

Falling off is down to you.

Either way, at 54 you're likely going to be dead in the next 30 years anyway. Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3