Senior moments.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:

Women have always been like that, seems to be in their genes ... and at some point they'll remind you and more than once.

Could be they are related to elephants!

You aren't going to be enjoying too many senior moments if you let that slip when in female company. Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to another room in the house for something, and then forgetting what that something was, once i arrive at the other room. blooming annoying. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 13:33 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
going to another room in the house for something, and then forgetting what that something was, once i arrive at the other room. blooming annoying. Mad

It gets worse ... standing up and forgetting why you just stood up!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:36 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's this thread about again?
Oh yeah...

BanditsHigh wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

It gets worse ... standing up and forgetting why you just stood up!!

And they say weed is supposed to be bad for short term memory! Having said that, I can't remember the last time I indulged.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

I always find myself standing in the second room, going "Why did I send myself into this room?"
I have to go back to where I was, and remember why.
Brick Wall

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

I always find myself standing in the second room, going "Why did I send myself into this room?"
I have to go back to where I was, and remember why.
Brick Wall

But that does work, so all is not lost.

Today's senior moment arrived in the park while on the dog walk.
I seem to have been absorbed into the old men's group.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked oh noes!
Run. While you still can.

Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my dilemma:
When I get on the tube (to work or back) and there are no seats, I get quite annoyed.
And I think "Do you not know how old I am? Did you not see me wave my pensioner bus-pass as I got on? Stand up and let a poor old woman sit down".
I forget that I am invariably done up to the nines: hair dyed, lipstick and eyeshadow, jewellery from Claires Accessories ( Laughing ) - something sparkly somewhere. And I probably don't look as old as I feel.
Besides, there's usually someone more needy than I am. Older looking, certainly Wink

But even though I am gagging for someone to kindly offer me a seat, I then get all paranoid if they do, and start thinking "OMG I must look old and tired today".

So either way, I can't win.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 11 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
This is my dilemma:
When I get on the tube (to work or back) and there are no seats, I get quite annoyed.
And I think "Do you not know how old I am? Did you not see me wave my pensioner bus-pass as I got on? Stand up and let a poor old woman sit down".
I forget that I am invariably done up to the nines: hair dyed, lipstick and eyeshadow, jewellery from Claires Accessories ( Laughing ) - something sparkly somewhere. And I probably don't look as old as I feel.
Besides, there's usually someone more needy than I am. Older looking, certainly Wink

But even though I am gagging for someone to kindly offer me a seat, I then get all paranoid if they do, and start thinking "OMG I must look old and tired today".

So either way, I can't win.

Imagine how us men feel then!? To give up the seat or not to give up the seat- that is the question! Laughing
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 11 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has brought back a memory of me being utterly stupid - and not even old at the time!

I was a student in my early 20's in Sheffield, saved up and brought myself a new mountain bike to get around on. In those days I lived in a student house and the only way to get in touch with family was the 'incoming only' landline, or the phone box at the end of the road. So I'd often be given a message from the students I was sharing the house with telling me my mum had called.
I'd go down to the phone box and call her back.

Cue me deciding to ride down on my nice new bike, park it behind the phone box then 30mins later walk back home and chill for the evening.
2 hours later the alarm bell in my head went 'Shit, shit, shit where's your bike'!!!
Of course it was long gone by the time I got back to the phone box Crying or Very sad
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 11 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the good old days of phone boxes that worked!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:45 - 11 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:

Imagine how us men feel then!? To give up the seat or not to give up the seat- that is the question! Laughing

I'm always very grateful and would never bash anyone with my handbag for being impertinent Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 11 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Ah the good old days of phone boxes that worked!

Wait a minute, phone boxes always worked.

Unless you just wanted to use the phone in it.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 11 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they work....as Barbara Cartland novel depositories

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:18 - 11 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd quite like to have one outside my house. I'm tempted to just make one of those little book-swapping birdhouse type things. Not a whole wopping great phone-box.

It would be fun to fill it with books with "entertaining" titles, and see how often the same people came round to see what was on offer ... Thinking

I keep my front window open quite a lot, even in the winter, cos I like the cats coming and going out the window, and I can see my bike from the living room, so I could people-watch and see who takes the pervy books Laughing Laughing Laughing

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:51 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use one of the big red phone boxes down the road from me where I used to live not long ago quite often as I think I worked out it was cheaper to use than my landline for outgoing.

Sometimes the coins would get stuck or it would stop working for whatever reason and I would just report it to BT and it would get fixed.

There's 3 or 4 in my old town that still had phones in them that worked. I seem to recall as a teenager getting the numbers from them and calling them in the middle of the night to see if anyone would pick up. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_telephone_box

I knew about phone boxes since for ever.

They are a curio now.

They were one of things good teachers would explain how to operate. We still had those unfathomable mechanical money box ones with the big metal buttons .

Load your coin/s (Keep some handy for extended calls.)
Dial the number.
When the number picks up push the big button and drop the coin dropped into the machinery.
And bla bla bla bla until the money ran out.
Beep beep... load the next coin to bla bla bla...
Hang up and any unused coins were shat out the return cup.

Millennials would be propah fcuked.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 12 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'd quite like to have one outside my house. I'm tempted to just make one of those little book-swapping birdhouse type things. Not a whole wopping great phone-box.
It would be fun to fill it with books with "entertaining" titles, and see how often the same people came round to see what was on offer

This you?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/angry-villagers-fume-take-filth-24017489

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 13 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_telephone_box

I knew about phone boxes since for ever.

They are a curio now.

They were one of things good teachers would explain how to operate. We still had those unfathomable mechanical money box ones with the big metal buttons .

Load your coin/s (Keep some handy for extended calls.)
Dial the number.
When the number picks up push the big button and drop the coin dropped into the machinery.
And bla bla bla bla until the money ran out.
Beep beep... load the next coin to bla bla bla...
Hang up and any unused coins were shat out the return cup.

Millennials would be propah fcuked.

Millennials are proper phucked by the dial.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had another one.

For years I've been buying bird food, flour etc, in sacks that are closed by stitching. Pull it in the right way and it just unravels.

Today I could not remember how to do it. I pulled and created a knot. In the end, out came the knife and a viscious Freddy Kruger slash had it open and half a ton of sunflower hearts over the kitchen floor. Brick Wall

i just goggled how to open them and I remember now. FFS.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I just had another one.

For years I've been buying bird food, flour etc, in sacks that are closed by stitching. Pull it in the right way and it just unravels.

Today I could not remember how to do it. I pulled and created a knot. In the end, out came the knife and a viscious Freddy Kruger slash had it open and half a ton of sunflower hearts over the kitchen floor. Brick Wall

Was it a Mail Bag or Female Bag?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I just had another one.

Was it a Mail Bag or Female Bag?

You Sir, are sexist. It was a they them bag.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 16 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I've never been able to work out which string to pull. I used to get proper wound up with bags of onions, fucking things.

I've always just cut the bastards with scissors Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2