Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:33 - 14 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Weisse Schlange wrote:

As an aside, if your bike gets nicked, check behind the old church in Pilton, they stash them there before usung them later.

Aye, they stach them for a bit to make sure they don't have trackers.

They also have FB and whatsapp groups dropping pins on likely targets and on bikes they reckon have too much security to nick.

They seem to have a hardon for Triumphs in particular. I think it's something to do with immobalisers. If you have something like a Honda with HISS on board, they wren't getting that started.

They got caught in the act of nicking a triumph belonging to one of my club and ran off. They'd already plugged a pre-made ignition bypass device into the loom.

Yup same with BMW's just pluag and play.

What club bud ? PM if yeh prefer not to broadcast it.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:57 - 14 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:

No secret. Saddletramps, as nice a bunch of nutters as you could ever hope to meet.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 15 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB.
Bring Back the Birch.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:36 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Weisse Schlange wrote:

No secret. Saddletramps, as nice a bunch of nutters as you could ever hope to meet.

Are the Saddle tramps still about ? My mate was a member waaaaay back.
I thought the club was no more, but I'm very glad to hear there are still some about.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:52 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:

Are the Saddle tramps still about ? My mate was a member waaaaay back.
I thought the club was no more, but I'm very glad to hear there are still some about.

Very active on the runs front, usually 2 camping runs a month through the Summer. Managed a Euro run the last couple of years. Quite an active racing contingent too, both at the Melville club and at higher levels.

We don't get to many rallies and motorcycle events these days, nobody can be arsed looking over their shoulder all the time. The rock nights kind of dwindled away after the smoking ban (anyone who attended one will see why) which explains why there isn't so much visability of the club.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:47 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something about this situation smells more than a months old packet of fish, squished around in tramps shoe. Scotch plod aren't shy of knuckling down when they feel like it.

Robby wrote:
In London it changed when someone got killed. Footage and news commentary about it had been circulating for months before then, but the hammer only came down after the murder, which made the police change their policy of avoiding pursuit if a scooter rider wasn't wearing a helmet.

It looked like the policy came from somewhere else so the police slacked off until they got exactly that result helped by the media.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 184 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2