Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yet another What Bike thread??? Personalised to me :p

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:12 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Yet another What Bike thread??? Personalised to me :p Reply with quote

Right the time has come... Ive long out grown the ER6F... And the bike has certainly seen better days... its time to sell it on to another new rider to throw about and what not...

While I'm utterly dirt poor right now. I actually have some money coming in the next couple of months or so, and think its time for me to upgrade.

But I want suggestions, At the moment my heart is kinda leaning onto a VFR800 (2014 onward version)
I test rode a CBR650R (92 HP) a few years ago and loved it... Really loved the sporty ergonomics BUT.... I have to be sensible. As much as that bike is great to ride on and fun... Ill be doing commutes on the new bike. And I want to do a spot of tour riding and long distances.
100+ miles... and then there's a road trip to Italy I want to do... I know the full sport ergonomics will kill my back on such long journeys... So thats why Im looking at the VFR as its a little bit more sit up...

But I want to consider other options. Im looking for around 100HP good styling... and ideally no more than £4000. Also ideally 4 cylinder this time.

Any suggestions?

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GSR fits the bill... My riding is mostly commuting with an occasional longer ride out. Lots online for the 4k mark...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325345424194

If you go that route, just get the taller screen and its comfy up to 100mph.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:40 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Re: Yet another What Bike thread??? Personalised to me :p Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Ive long out grown the ER6F...

I feel that, took me all of about a year before I had to get something with a bit more poke. MT09 was next for me and
gave a me a great thrill but again I find myself wanting a bit more. About two weeks until I get it.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a confused brief and I think if I were dirt poor right now I'd knock on any big spend decisions.

But:
Bandit 1250?

That seems an odd choice for a commute so I guess the obvious question is, are you trying to fill many buckets from one source?

The 1250's bulletproof-ness will see you coin the budget biking, despite heavier fuel consumption. But it will literally do anything. Ish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:48 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Bit of a confused brief and I think if I were dirt poor right now I'd knock on any big spend decisions.

But:
Bandit 1250?

That seems an odd choice for a commute so I guess the obvious question is, are you trying to fill many buckets from one source?

The 1250's bulletproof-ness will see you coin the budget biking, despite heavier fuel consumption. But it will literally do anything. Ish.

Dirt poor right now... wont be as dirt poor in a few months

Also im really not keen on the bandit... Also only 92 HP from 1200cc? That doesnt seem right.

But yes Im trying to tick multiple boxes.... as sure yes Id love to own and ride 2 different bikes... because If i had the cash to I would get something like the CBR650R for sporty rides and a more sit up bike for touring.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:56 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducati multistrada?

Pig ugly and as a result, remarkably cheap. You cannae see it when you're riding.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:57 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Ducati multistrada?

Pig ugly and as a result, remarkably cheap. You cannae see it when you're riding.

D: But ill know everyone else can see me riding it! *shudder*

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:03 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

But:
Bandit 1250?

I've owned three Bandit 1250s, mostly for commuting, and they are very difficult to beat.

Yep, "Only" 100 bhp but... Twice the torque at half the revs of pretty much anything else means they've got insta-shove right where you want it in the real world.

And yeah, I want another bike now it's just that it's just such a hard act to follow.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZS1000 Fazer.
£2-2.5k. More if you wait for a really nice condition one, but not much more.
It's a chunk more power than the Bandit 1250, but perfectly manageable. Bandit has more torque, but the Fazer is no slouch. Low down power is more than adequate.
It will do everything you want it to do and more.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:33 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Fazer 1000 still on carbs?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 17 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FZS1000 is (up to 2005), but there's always the later FZ1. Might be more of a handful than the OP is looking for, bit more sports focussed. Still a good bike though.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:15 - 18 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The FZS1000 is (up to 2005), but there's always the later FZ1. Might be more of a handful than the OP is looking for, bit more sports focussed. Still a good bike though.

yeah 140-150hp might be a big much :p

fazer has been on the cards before... So i might take another look Smile
Thanks

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 18 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Street Triple.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:45 - 18 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Street Triple.

very expensive and probably get stolen within 15 hours of owning it...

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:33 - 19 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to admit the FZ8 has taken my fancy... 2014 onward... split headlights
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1