Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda CB125F MM 2021: Where's the rev counter?!?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

m4z3r4ti
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:02 - 22 Jun 2021    Post subject: Honda CB125F MM 2021: Where's the rev counter?!? Reply with quote

Hi
Proud owner of a 2021 Honda CB125F MM with the LCD dash. Honda proudly talks of it's high performance for the range, power output at blah revs but as far as I can find there is no rev counter! Honda own goal or secret button combination?
Have attached the owner's manual from here:
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/honda-motorcycles-owners-manuals.html
No mention of a rev counter Confused
Anyone any ideas?
Maz.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 22 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep twisting the throttle until it makes an EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! noise, then change up. Repeat. Eventually it'll be going as fast as it can. No rev counter needed.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:53 - 24 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above really, it's a 125. Just change gear when it runs out of puff.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 24 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not every bike has one. You'll know when to change by sound/feel anyway, so they're not really useful 99% of the time.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 13:11 - 24 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does seem a bit shitty. On a big bike a rev counter may be less important (although I still prefer to have one). As a learner, and new to the world of bikes, with the associated paranoia of breaking it, it's a very useful thing to have.

OP - it's a new fuel injected bike, so you don't have to worry about setting the idle speed or anything like that, the bike does it itself. Once you have the first 500 miles or so under your belt, you can abuse the bike once the engine is warmed up. Lots of revs are good, and necessary. You will not damage it, the rev limiter will kick in at whatever point Honda deemed safe.

It is better to use low gear, high revs then high gear, low revs. If in doubt, change down and open the throttle. To get any performance out of a 125 you need to work it hard.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 335 days between these two posts...
urbanfireblad... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

Bikeroo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:13 - 30 Oct 2022    Post subject: Re: Honda CB125F MM 2021: Where's the rev counter?!? Reply with quote

m4z3r4ti wrote:
Hi
Proud owner of a 2021 Honda CB125F MM with the LCD dash. Honda proudly talks of it's high performance for the range, power output at blah revs but as far as I can find there is no rev counter! Honda own goal or secret button combination?
Have attached the owner's manual from here:
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/honda-motorcycles-owners-manuals.html
No mention of a rev counter Confused
Anyone any ideas?
Maz.

You can have rev counter and read all sensors live with the app torque on your smartphone. You need Bluetooth diagnostic device cost around 30 quid and cable adapter obd to six pins honda euro 5 about 12 quid and your smartphone with handle bar mount. You find the obd plug just above the battery tucked inside small cavity. Pull it up and remove the dust cover then plug your obd scanner and tuck it over the air intake pipe under the seat. Turn your ignition on then open your torque app. Make sure your Bluetooth is on and location for the gps. You can custom all the dials for every sensors as you like on your phone. Speaking of which I did fault scan today and i got crankshaft position sensor fault lol the bike runs fine though no issues.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:18 - 30 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you think it has one?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1