11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
January 2025 when parliament is dissolved for General Election
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: How much time before the next PM? Reply with quote

Meanwhile in Sky news:

Quote:
UK's PM family has a business in Moscow and supports Putin's war.

https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status/1588863073833472001

Rishi Sunak’s wife is earning tens of millions from her shares in a company still operating from Moscow.

His tough talk on Putin’s regime is compromised by private conflict of interest. Why is he still refusing to answer questions about Infosys?

That makes mockery of any sanctions imposed by Sunak.

Imagine Churchill's wife in 1944 having a business with the nazis in Berlin?

Can't wait something here to say its all good and there is nothing wrong with that Laughing

Mrs Sunak has £690m stake in with a Moscow office they promised to close but didn't with Russian clients (including Alfa Bank & the FSB's favourite surveillance software firm) they said they didn't have. When will Rishi sanction his wife and his father in law?

Post edited to add an option to the poll due to a leading poll question -stinkwheel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:09 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fine tradition in the UK of prime ministers having dodgy close family.

Hell, Margret Thatchers son tried to organise a military coup in equatorial guinea.

Anyway. She owns shares in an Indian IT firm which has a branch in Moscow. She is an Indian citizen. I'm sure many Indian firms are still doing business with Russia.

Also make more effort. Twitter is not a news source, it's a gossip column.

In answer to your question, there will not be a change of Prime Minister before at least January 2025 which is when the next general election will be held. The Tory party aren't going to force him out and the Labour party aren't going to win a confidence vote.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:19 - 13 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have edited the poll to include an additional option which reflects the constitutional state of affairs in the UK.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
There is a fine tradition in the UK of prime ministers having dodgy close family.

Hell, Margret Thatchers son tried to organise a military coup in equatorial guinea.

Anyway. She owns shares in an Indian IT firm which has a branch in Moscow. She is an Indian citizen. I'm sure many Indian firms are still doing business with Russia.

Also make more effort. Twitter is not a news source, it's a gossip column.

In answer to your question, there will not be a change of Prime Minister before at least January 2025 which is when the next general election will be held. The Tory party aren't going to force him out and the Labour party aren't going to win a confidence vote.

Fair points. It was Twitter post with Sky news interview with Sunak. Seems to me like a news.

About his wife Indian citizen, well imagine Churchill's wife in 1944 having a business with the nazis in Berlin?

About forcing him out the two last PM has been forced out without any confidence vote. Its not impossible to see Sunak out before Christmas. At least will be fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHunt announcing “everyone will pay more tax”. Yeah, I bet your boss and his wife won’t mate.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

There’s a difference, we are not at war with Russia.

The PM’s wife has a less than 1% stake in the company which, while worth an extraordinary amount of money, won’t make her an influential shareholder. I don’t know where my pension is invested so maybe my pennies are supporting Putin’s regime too. My employer is still selling medicines in Russia but that’s humanitarian… or is it?

Still, it might have been wise to consider whether this was all just grist to the anti-Tory mill and made a show of baling out. They don’t need the money.

Last edited by Kawasaki Jimbo on 19:44 - 14 Nov 2022; edited 1 time in total

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:42 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife, probably not because non-dom because she is Indian and India doesn't allow dual nationality. She will, however, pay taxes in India at the prescribed rate.

For a similar reason Boris gave up his US citizenship because he was liable to pay taxes there regardless of where he lived or earned income.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:43 - 14 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Quote:

There’s a difference, we are not at war with Russia.

The PM’s wife has a less that 1% stake in the company which, while worth an extraordinary amount of money, won’t make her an influential shareholder. I don’t know where my pension is invested so maybe my pennies are supporting Putin’s regime too. My employer is still selling medicines in Russia but that’s humanitarian… or is it?

Still, it might have been wise to consider whether this was all just grist to the anti-Tory mill and made a show of baling out. They don’t need the money.

You need to have 51% of shares in a company to control it. 1% is fuck all from that point of view.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1