Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki DR125SE Carb problems.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Patje72
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:06 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Suzuki DR125SE Carb problems. Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
I'm Patrick and I am new on this forum. I like to ride enduro and travel by motorbike all year. I'm an technical mechanic but have now knowledge about carbs.
I have a question about the carb on my Suzuki DR 125 SE from 1997. On the internet I did not found an answer to my question, and the Suzuki dealer was also not very helpfull. Is there some one who can tell me if it's possible to put a other carb on my DR? The original one has some problems, and the parts I neet ar'nt even to by. Bying a new orriginal one is also not possible, it dos not exist anymore.

I hope that somebody can tell me some more.
Already thanks for those who give me an reation!

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure they're a CV carb, same as a GS125. From memory, you can put a Mikuni (or copy) VM26 on there, but you'll need adaptors, and to jet it properly.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 15:17 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get a different carb, but you really want the same make and model of carb to have a hope of it running right. Then it needs to be set up the same as the original too. Carbs have many variables.

What is wrong with the current one? A rebuilt kit from NRP will sort out most problems.

Worth knowing - no motorcycle manufacturer makes their own carbs, and they are rarely model-specific. Carbs are bought in from suppliers, mikuni and keihin are widely used on Japanese bikes. So rather than looking for parts for your bike, look for parts for your carb.

Patje72
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:01 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Pretty sure they're a CV carb, same as a GS125. From memory, you can put a Mikuni (or copy) VM26 on there, but you'll need adaptors, and to jet it properly.

Thank you for your reaction!

Patje72
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:35 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
You could get a different carb, but you really want the same make and model of carb to have a hope of it running right. Then it needs to be set up the same as the original too. Carbs have many variables.

What is wrong with the current one? A rebuilt kit from NRP will sort out most problems.

Worth knowing - no motorcycle manufacturer makes their own carbs, and they are rarely model-specific. Carbs are bought in from suppliers, mikuni and keihin are widely used on Japanese bikes. So rather than looking for parts for your bike, look for parts for your carb.

Thank you for your reaction.
The problem is, that some times there is no full power, in first gear there is a gap during accaleration, some times my engine stops running wenn stopping at a light other times the rpm increases, sometimes the exhaust pops by turning back the gashandel. Someone advised me to do a ultrasonic cleaning on my carb. That is what I did. But, I notesed after the cleaning that the pipe were the needle gose up and down that the rubber along the side was solving. I used the correct product for cleaning! When I wanted to order this orrigenal part there was no ordernumber for this part they even didn't appointed it on the explosion drawing. So I even don't have a name for this part, yet.

I will post some pictures from carb and the damiged part.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 20 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy a new one. Example (No idea of seller, this is just the first one I found, make sure your sizes are correct etc)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32983823779.html
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1