Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A2 bike general suggestions

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:27 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

then there is this nice Sv

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/646667223563803/?ref=facebook_story_share

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aidan.S wrote:

Better, much better.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:02 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my friends bandit, his motor is replaced so 111hp hehe

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 16 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an SV, or a cbr600f (if you can get one restricted down) would be good for Blast Laughing.

However, I'd personally go down the supermoto route but that's just me .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:11 - 22 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be going to look at a 2001 Ducati Monster 600cc soon hopefully.
I read about it and it can be restricted to A2.

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 04:29 - 25 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If im not wrong a 2001 ducati monster 600cc can be restricted down to A2? I checked and it has about 53HP/38.7kw

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:17 - 25 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

You were given a handy link pages ago....

https://www.a2motorbikes.co.uk/ducati-monster-620/

You wanted sports bikes though?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:18 - 25 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes coudnt find the 600 Dark

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 25 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aidan.S wrote:
Yes coudnt find the 600 Dark

Did you think it got another 30 horsepower from a paint job?

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:35 - 26 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if im wrong but if im not mistaken, theres two models the Ducati monster 600 and the Ducati monster 600 DARK, thus why i say dark. Year 2001 btw

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:24 - 27 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aidan.S wrote:
Correct me if im wrong but if im not mistaken, theres two models the Ducati monster 600 and the Ducati monster 600 DARK, thus why i say dark. Year 2001 btw

If you look at the specs for them then they appear to be remarkably identical. Laughing

I think this is what you're looking for https://a2restrictors.com/products/ducati-monster-m-600-dark-a2-restrictor-kit

Rain

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 28 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aidan.S wrote:

The dark was literally a styling exercise. It has a matte paint tank and that's about it.

Whilst it's nice that there's - for once - some actual motorcycle chat on this, you know, motorcycle forum, it does strike me that you're going to turn into a serial bike fetisher rather than an actual bike rider. You've somehow gone from a 100+bhp sportsbike to a 50ish horsepower girl's bike despite being given some good suggestions of actually capable bikes which might suit you better.

It's an odd turn to take.

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:25 - 29 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ste, ye im all over the shop for bikes. But ive always wanted a ducati. So ye, im just varying out my options you know. Want to make the right choice.
Whast weird is i contacted Ducati and they've said that it cannot be restricted, and i was like tf how? Anyone know why they would say this?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:30 - 29 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aidan.S wrote:
Thanks Ste, ye im all over the shop for bikes. But ive always wanted a ducati. So ye, im just varying out my options you know. Want to make the right choice.
Whast weird is i contacted Ducati and they've said that it cannot be restricted, and i was like tf how? Anyone know why they would say this?

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Monster as a first bike but it's not going to scratch your Ducati itch if you're that way inclined. Wait until later, when you can actually ride one with half decent power.

Why are you even bothering Ducati. Ste has given you the link to the restrictor kit you need. It can be restricted - there is evidence abound that they can be. You do like making life hard for yourself, it seems.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:02 - 29 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aidan.S wrote:

Whoever you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about.

That could be because an A2 restrictor for the Monster 600 Dark isn't something Ducati make themselves, that could be because you spoke to someone in customer service at head office rather than a dealership so they didn't know what's available or possible, etc etc etc.

Was it a dealer you spoke with?

stokepade
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:51 - 04 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP for keep on riding your 125, as you don't know what kind of bike you want or the budget you'll have or when you'll have a licence to ride one.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tyke_
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:58 - 01 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit late to thread but want to suggest a kawasaki ninja 400 for A2 license holders, it's right on the bhp limit. owned 1 recently, good bike to get experience on, very learner friendly.

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:08 - 27 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everyone, been awhile since ive sent anything, thanks for all recomendations etc. Im happy to say ive passed my theory exam for the A2 cat, ill be doing my pratcial hours soon, then my exam. Ive been looking around for A2 bikes, lots of options, been looking at bandits, ducatis (ik dont judge me please haha), kawasaki;s, etc.

If all goes to plan by summer i should be a proud owner of my own bike riding on the road Smile
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:34 - 27 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
Ste wrote:
On a full licence...., ISTR.

It's a joke, on an old member called Teflon Mike. It's not relevant to this thread.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:50 - 27 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what happened to Teffers, in July it will be three years since he last posted and his website is deaded.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:03 - 27 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

His wife buried him under the patio after the thirteenth time she fell asleep during the second hour of listening to how he was going to pleasure her when she was dripping like a George Foreman grill.

She's now tied up to Dan's radiator, shaved head and wearing a mylar gag and loving every moment.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 03 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Wonder what happened to Teffers, in July it will be three years since he last posted and his website is deaded.

He's probably still compiling a reply to a post on some thread

Aidan.S
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:34 - 17 Aug 2023    Post subject: A2 Reply with quote

Yo guys been awhile since ive said anything lol, Hope everyones great.

Found this 2003 ZX6R, the guy who has it bought it A2 restricted from factory, he still has the plates/restrictor kit to put on.

However the issue im having is newer A2 bikes must have a max HP of 47. The ZX6R i found has a ma HP of 60-65 with the restrictor kit.

Its confusing as on paper its A2 it can be installed with the kit to restrict it so everything is legal. But would this be acceptable if i were to insure the bike?

A2 max HP is 47 but the ZX6R has min HP of 60 with restrictor kit but the Bike came factory A2 on papers its A2 everything abt the bike is A2 would i still be legally Able to insure it and drive it on the road?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4