Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:14 - 26 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Fairytale of New York?

One of the worst, it plays the "oh look how alternative i am" card. Its as s#1te as any other Christmas song.

Dunno, it's got to come way below anything off Grease and that Meatloaf one.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:03 - 26 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

They're not trying to be anything other than kitsch entertainment though.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 27 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

They're not trying to be anything other than kitsch entertainment though.

I'm surprised it hasn't been banned, calling people faggots. Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:55 - 27 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit card verification processes. Yes, I get it, 2-factor authentication is how it's done now and is a pain in the arse. What grinds my gears is they now ask for your full password. You used to have to give three digits. Typing in the whole thing leaves it vulnerable to a keylogger attack and is as-such, less secure than it was before.

Don't tell me you're making me go through this rigmarole for increased security when you have actively made your system less secure!

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 27 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Um... https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/nov/19/should-the-bbc-have-censored-fairytale-of-new-york

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 27 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Credit card verification processes. Yes, I get it, 2-factor authentication is how it's done now and is a pain in the arse. What grinds my gears is they now ask for your full password. You used to have to give three digits. Typing in the whole thing leaves it vulnerable to a keylogger attack and is as-such, less secure than it was before.

Don't tell me you're making me go through this rigmarole for increased security when you have actively made your system less secure!

It should be a time limited one time code that's sent to your phone or a request for the same thing from an authenticator app that's synchronised to your account.

Making you use a password is how RBS authenticate for digital banking but they require a unique customer code, a selection of digits from a PIN and the same from your password.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 27 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Credit card verification processes. Yes, I get it, 2-factor authentication is how it's done now and is a pain in the arse. What grinds my gears is they now ask for your full password.

I don't get that (may be a specific credit card?) but what does piss me off is when I keep getting told (by credit cards and all sorts of websites) that I'm logging in from a new device therefore I need to go through 2FA.

No I'm bloody not, I haven't had a new device in years. Do one.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 27 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

We can but hope for at least that woke dividend.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 28 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just worked out why my Italian shrink's appointments kept jumping off the Outlook calendar whilst I was in New Zealand.
Cos its 12 hours time difference, duhhhhh Brick Wall Laughing

He kept asking me if/why they were booked in for Monday and I was saying, No, no ...its Tuesday as usual!

Arrow Bimbo alert!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 30 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugking old people grind my gears !

A very rude old bitch-cow pushed passed me in the shop to get served before me, even though the cashier was about to serve me.

And an old boy, fishing on the river near to where I live.
As I passed, I asked him politely if he’d caught anything.
To which he replied “fuck off” Shocked Laughing , miserable old wanker Evil or Very Mad .

What is wrong with people? Why do they have to be so unpleasant?

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 30 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

To which he replied “fuck off” Shocked Laughing , miserable old wanker Evil or Very Mad .

That was probably me - sorry about that Wink

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 30 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having one of those days.

There's been a dead 4' fluorescent tube standing in the corner at home for about 6 months. 'Er indoors, ever pissed off at the mess, has wanted to just lob it in the wheelie bin but I have refused to let her, cos of The Planet etc etc, saying I'll take it down to the tip (aka 'recycling centre') next time I go, to get rid properly. But of course I've kept on forgetting or had better things to do. Until today. The car was full to the gunwales with sacks of leaves (mainly because some fucker nicked our garden waste wheelie bin last week - which is a whole other gear-grinder) so I was heading out to the tip, and finally grabbed the offending fluorescent tube, to take that too.

And what happened? The bloody tube broke on the way, so after all my efforts to be Green, my car is now full of mercury vapour, argon, and shards of broken glass. FML

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 30 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

A very rude old bitch-cow pushed passed me in the shop to get served before me, even though the cashier was about to serve me.

Many years ago I went to the post office at Mile End in my lunch hour. Small half shop, half post office, type of thing.

1/ I followed a very old white lady in and she physically threw the door shut in my face so that if I hadn't caught it quickly I'd have had a bloody nose. She turned and said, Oh, I thought you was a Paki.

2/ There was one lady at the single counter. She was Bangladeshi and had a small baby crying in a push chair. Her paperwork was already on the counter, but she was leaning down shushing her child. The old lady, leaned around her, slapped her pension book on top of the other paperwork and demanded her pension money. The Bangladeshi lady straightened up and the white old lady was sort of inside her arms. They proceeded to argue with each other. The baby started screaming more loudly.

3/ A very large middle aged man had walked in and started queueing very close behind me. He was breathing so hard my hair was moving and he was emitting a whistling noise with each breath.

4/ Whilst all this was going on I noticed what appeared to be a grown man, but with some sort of learning difficulties, over by a stack of canned fizzy drinks. He was picking up each can, shaking it like mad, then putting it back. He was working his way through the whole lot.

5/ I gave up and left them all to it, fucking cockneys, chirpy happy go lucky people my arse. I have stuck to only using my own local post office since that day.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 30 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another typical interlude in the average London day Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:22 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

I used to go fishing many years ago and part of my reason for giving it up was the preponderance of blokes making conversation. Nobody goes fishing because they're looking for conversation.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:30 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:

5/ I gave up and left them all to it, fucking cockneys, chirpy happy go lucky people my arse. I have stuck to only using my own local post office since that day.

Cant be as bad as Yorkshire the place is like a reservation for the learning disabled. I was watching Bargain loving brits in the sun today, it was as if Yorkshires social services had contracted out its services for people with LD to Spain.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:32 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

I used to go fishing many years ago and part of my reason for giving it up was the preponderance of blokes making conversation. Nobody goes fishing because they're looking for conversation.

They don't if you go fly fishing. Having a 2" brass tube-fly with a size 8 treble hook on whizzing past their ear tends to make people stand well back.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

They don't if you go fly fishing. Having a 2" brass tube-fly with a size 8 treble hook on whizzing past their ear tends to make people stand well back.

That, and standing in the middle of a torrential river in waders.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Cant be as bad as Yorkshire the place is like a reservation for the learning disabled. I was watching Bargain loving brits in the sun today, it was as if Yorkshires social services had contracted out its services for people with LD to Spain.

Think about it though.. they're also the ones that are smart enough to negotiate their way out of the country...

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cant be as bad as Yorkshire the place is like a reservation for the learning disabled.

Surely this description is more suited to London Town? People like living in Yorkshire. All I hear from Londoners is how their beloved city has turned to shit, yet they still live there. Go figure.... Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post persons who are on bloody strike, funny how no one went on strike during furlough, Bastards. Waiting for bike parts for the 500 so I can get it on the road before Xmas so that I can get the GS sorted the first week in January, but these fuckers are stopping the working man from earning money that is much needed. Cunts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Post persons who are on bloody strike, funny how no one went on strike during furlough, Bastards.

Posties didn't get furlough. They had to work through it unlike much of the population who got a paid holiday.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a solar-powered light near the front door so I can see the keyhole, and I expected it to be crap but actually it’s quite good even after three years. However, if I leave work later then 6:00 the passing neighbours will have triggered it enough times to render the light pathetic when I get home.

https://i.postimg.cc/RV82YgCH/BB7-F471-B-B36-C-4044-8-B08-5-CC75868-B34-A.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant you adjust the sensitivity of the sensor? you usually can with security lights.

ZebraDriver
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 06:50 - 03 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get a torch and shine it at the solar panel it will light up, but you will have to cover the sensor so it thinks its still dark
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 117 of 176