Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 04 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

While getting all the Xmas decorations down from the loft, I found my previously lost cycling helmet.
I plan to do a lot more cycling in the new year with the arrival of my Swytch kit so finding the lid was nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 04 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
While getting all the Xmas decorations down from the loft, I found my previously lost cycling helmet.
I plan to do a lot more cycling in the new year with the arrival of my Swytch kit so finding the lid was nice.

I dont have any, it'll look no different here in 3 weeks than it will in July.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:04 - 04 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tree has so many 'decorations' that my kids have made over the years it looks like someone has pulled it out of landfill.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 10:20 - 05 Dec 2022; edited 1 time in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:44 - 04 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, tis the season to vandalize your christmas tree. Dance!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 04 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I have knocked £30 off the asking price but
that's still only half what I'd have had to pay ebay in fees.

It's worth keeping an eye out for the £1 (max) fee offers if you have something expensive to sell. Not everyone's eligible for every offer but once you're it tends to rollover (to the next £1 fee weekend) if you don't activate it.

Although they can be a bit stingy with giving you the offer again; I sold a phone in September and I've been waiting to sell something else Brick Wall

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:56 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
recman wrote:

I dont have any, it'll look no different here in 3 weeks than it will in July.

Get some and stick 'em up.
You'll feel even worse. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:01 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

It's worth keeping an eye out for the £1 (max) fee offers if you have something expensive to sell. Not everyone's eligible for every offer but once you're it tends to rollover (to the next £1 fee weekend) if you don't activate it.

Although they can be a bit stingy with giving you the offer again; I sold a phone in September and I've been waiting to sell something else Brick Wall

I usually take advantage of the more regular 80% off standard selling fees offers which seem to come up very often.
Often enough to renew any older listings still active taking advantage of the offer and extending by another month by
cancelling then re-listing again immediately. I have a few odds and sods on there now including a pretty decent
Carrera mountain bike. Talking of which I have 3 pairs of leather strides and some MT09 spares to get up there
today before the current 80% offer ends at midnight. I don't do auctions, buy it now 30 day listings is the way
to go. The guy was very happy with his exhaust btw. He was spanking it along the M4 to come and collect it, pulled up
outside in a diesel Mini. It's a shame whatsapp live location feature doesn't have a speedometer Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I usually take advantage of the more regular 80% off standard selling fees offers which seem to come up very often.

If you don't they eventually give you the £1 offer. It's a battle of wills Cool

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

popped into Go outdoors for a cheap work coat and picked up a Victorinox Swiss army Knife for £8 because it had a bent corkscrew.
a minute in the vice at home and all sorted Thumbs Up

i do like Victorinox tools.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:34 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
popped into Go outdoors for a cheap work coat and picked up a Victorinox Swiss army Knife for £8

Bargain!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:48 - 08 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a (work) reason to have to go out to Harefield Hospital tomorrow, woot!

At first I was like ...
And then I was all ...

Haven't been there for *ages*, really looking forward to it: right out in the countryside. Nice.

Not that I haven't got a thousand other urgent things to do Rolling Eyes

On Tuesday I was at a meeting on the 29th floor of Guys Hospital just as it got dark.
Amazing view!

There's a fuck-ton of stress and pressure, but my job really rocks Cool

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:00 - 08 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
£8 because it had a bent corkscrew.

Thinking

to v or not to v wrote:
i do like Victorinox tools.

Thumbs Up

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 11:19 - 08 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have something called vasculitis, basically my immune system attacks my body and over the last six days my feet have been getting swollen and it's gradually been getting harder and harder to walk ... not only that but the pain, whether walking or sitting, has been getting worse by the day.

Spent 7.5 hours in A&E yesterday, feet were very painful and they kept on making me hobble from one place to another.

Finally, around 5pm they gave me some Prednisolone (steroids) and Co-Codamol ... I went from being in agony to bliss in 19 minutes ... today I can almost walk properly Dance!

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 08 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discovering images of cock and balls are to confer good luck
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-56113457
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:38 - 08 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Yet draw one on a road sign and you get prosecuted for a social order offence. One law. What did the Romans ever do for us?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 08 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
doggone wrote:

Yet draw one on a road sign and you get prosecuted for a social order offence. One law. What did the Romans ever do for us?

Romani ite domum. Biggus Dickus!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:33 - 09 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's alive!!!

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/theborg.jpg

Smile

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 09 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

..and Dr Ruth seems a jolly sort now she's got her hands on a Roman trouser soldier.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/11591/production/_117075017_capture.jpg.webp

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 09 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonna left me some money in her will and this...

https://i.imgur.com/xt4plFq.jpg

Apparently it reminded her of the man with the gong at the start of the films. (Everyone else got china dolphins or crystal tigers.)

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 09 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd have to go all the way to the bank (and queue etc..) to pay in money, then realised I could do it at the local post office.

My bank's only had this service for 8 years Embarassed although it's the first time I've had to pay in money for ~ a decade.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 09 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fancying hot chocolate - remembering it was nearly gone - then noticing another tin in cupboard Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

B1N
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 03:44 - 11 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nephew's girlfriend, (of 13 years), is Swedish, I got talking to her on the phone a few months ago about hot chocolate, the next day this arrived for us from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBoy-Chocolate-Milk-Powder-700g/dp/B00T4FK340

If you love hot chocolate this stuff really is on another level, now we have to buy it from Amazon because our little lad loves it.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 11 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

B1N wrote:
My nephew's girlfriend, (of 13 years), is Swedish, I got talking to her on the phone a few months ago about hot chocolate, the next day this arrived for us from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBoy-Chocolate-Milk-Powder-700g/dp/B00T4FK340

If you love hot chocolate this stuff really is on another level, now we have to buy it from Amazon because our little lad loves it.

How can it be vegan, if it has some kind emulsified vegetable fats in it I'd rather do without

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:58 - 11 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

How can it be vegan, if it has some kind emulsified vegetable fats in it I'd rather do without

All hot chocolates have emulsified vegetable fats, that's what makes them a hot chocolate. It has emulsified coccoa fat. The emulsifier is soy based but it's not soy milk, you add it to your own milk.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 11 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow, snow, ice and more snow...

Today, I spent 200km in my recently purchased rwd car, driving in the mountains, going sideways in almost every corner, and it was so much fun! I forgot how entertaining could winter driving be, when the conditions are just right. It's been some time since I drove a proper rwd car in winter. Luckily, I can fully dissable the ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation) in my w210 E200 Kompressor, so everything feels natural, just like when I used to drive my w202 C200, that had no such systems at all.

I feel much safer driving a rwd car on snow than any fwd car.

*ASR turns the car into a understeering brick. Which actually feels more dangerous than just having the neutral Mercedes-Benz sedan steering with oversteering on demand.

*Also, I have got a fresh set of tyres on the car made by Riken, one of the cheapest tyres on the market and I am very amazed how well these work in snow, while they are quiet and fuel efficient as well. I purpously stopped the car on a steep incline and even in very deep snow... and I had no isssues setting off in the desired direction. The same goes for the grip when braking on snow. ABS didn't have much of a work to do today. It only got very rarely triggered.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 69 of 101