BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Escapism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:43 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Escapism Reply with quote

So for the 2nd time in my 47 years of being alive, and first time on the bike - I've been pulled.

On a trip out down the motorway and noticed a car up my backside, got past a speed camera and did something I've not done before at that speed, dropped 2 gears and floored it. Was so quick, and a great feeling until I noticed the car gradually catching up with me, then yep you've guessed it - blues n 2's... Shocked

Apparently I was clocked around 95 and he had to go a whole lot more to catch me up. Extremely luckily I was left off with a stern word - I'll certainly be more careful in future! Embarassed
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:

On a trip out down the motorway and noticed a car up my backside

Did they mainly want to check if you had drugs up you ar5e?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like incitement.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Re: Escapism Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
and he had to go a whole lot more to catch me up.

They always say that. I had one claiming he had to do 130 to catch up my knackered X reg mark 5 Cortina about
30 years ago. I was pulled for speeding on the old A13 in the vicinity of Purfleet on my way to work in Tilbury at
about 3.45am. Sent on my way without charge. I preferred the old way of Policing, a bit of discretion goes a long way.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:15 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Re: Escapism Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
... Was so quick, and a great feeling until I noticed the car gradually catching up with me, then yep you've guessed it - blues n 2's... Shocked

Bet that made you pucker.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 10:05 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst it's always scary seeing blue lights behind you, I find it's a lot less worrying as I get older. It's gone from the feeling of "3 more points and I'm totally screwed" to "Whatever they throw at me will be inconvenient but not life changing".

So whilst the desire to do silly things happens less frequently, I can enjoy it more when it happens. Just need to avoid a disqualification, retaking a test would be shit.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:

the only reson they let you off was because eather it did not have a calibated speedo

or he could not get behind you long enoutgh with the vascar if was a unmarked

before you nail it look most unmarks for traffic with sped gear will be volvos skoders bmws ushaly estates for gear

i normaly keep a shit box behind me by fitering or nothing if not shaw of a car i drop back and cruise past car to have a look
you can ushaly see the lights in the grill if its a unmarked

if you cant see a market tax collector time for a trip to spec savers

Or they know they shouldn't be riding up a motorcycle's arse without a good reason. They can observe from 5 seconds back a lot easier and more safely than putting the bumper on the pillion seat.

But yeah, unmarked cars are usually pretty easy to spot (LEDs in the grill, limo tint windows, usually the same Volvos etc). The driver very often keep the high-vis on as well round here.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:07 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
before you nail it look most unmarks for traffic with sped gear will be volvos skoders bmws ushaly estates for gear

Been done by an R1, a Cupra and a Jag - maybe you've never been to Kent but they drive whatever is faster than the average road user. Being caught at 120+ because I thought the bike wanted to race... was not expecting a copper...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you will go blast laughing....

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Re: Escapism Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I preferred the old way of Policing

Ah, the good ol' days of a copper hiding behind a hedge with a speed gun! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Been done by an R1

Seriously? Laughing I never knew the scum had R1's that's crazy Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Re: Escapism Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
grr666 wrote:
I preferred the old way of Policing

Ah, the good ol' days of a copper hiding behind a hedge with a speed gun! Laughing

In my case it was a post box. He leapt out into the road in front of my CM125 with drum brakes front and rear in
the classic old bill HALT! pose. My front wheel came to a stop between his legs and he never even flinched. I was
just about to get a ticket when a bloke I knew (a customer from Castle Sports motorcycles where I was working at the time)
came past at warp 10 on a CBR600, it was at that point he let me go. Thumbs Up Ahh, simple discretion. Something a camera
is incapable of.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:50 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
Been done by an R1

Seriously? Laughing I never knew the scum had R1's that's crazy Laughing

I would have lost anyway, car was limited.. but he gave me a nod.

It was on the M2 in Kent, they have a myriad of stuff, was all black. Nasty way to find out. Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

they've got a few hyabusas up here

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Re: Escapism Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

In my case it was a post box. He leapt out into the road in front of my CM125 with drum brakes front and rear in
the classic old bill HALT! pose. My front wheel came to a stop between his legs and he never even flinched. I was
just about to get a ticket when a bloke I knew (a customer from Castle Sports motorcycles where I was working at the time)
came past at warp 10 on a CBR600, it was at that point he let me go. Thumbs Up Ahh, simple discretion. Something a camera
is incapable of.

The one I'm thinking of showed no discretion. I was coming out of an NSL bit into a village, was scrubbing my speed still, loud-ish pipe so he would have been able to hear me slowing. Was still in the process of slowing as he caught me, wasn't much over the 30 limit. Still got done. Technically, he had me, but if he'd heard me slowing, he could have just said to slow a bit earlier in future. I wondered if they were getting some kind of advantage from how many people they could catch. Since he was there at all, he could have stood in plain sight, and I'd have slowed earlier and not broken the limit.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Feasty wrote:
and he had to go a whole lot more to catch me up.

They always say that.

Thumbs Up
The only time I was stopped they said that and I immediately knew they had no evidence. Still a nervous moment as one of the two coppers was preparing his lecture, but then the other one got a call and they had to rush off. I suspect they were on the way to a real crime scene when they saw me (race-rep, Haga-rep, leathered up, noisier and faster-accelerating than cars off the roundabout) and decided to pull me over. Cue the call from the station, “Are you there yet?” Embarassed Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:22 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed that you are all scared of them.

If I'm bang to rights, so be it. If I'm not its an excuse to take the piss.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
it’s an excuse to take the piss.

That’s not going to end well.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:44 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit you have to be clever about it, but I am...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I admit you have to be clever about it, but I am...

Have we finally found something you're clever about?!

Razz

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there’s one thing the police love it’s a smart arse. Laughing

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:39 - 03 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to say about spotting these unmarked cars, but when it's behind you with lights on you're never going to spot dark shapes in the grill in bike mirrors or if they're wearing high viz - truck mirrors maybe!

The car was a black Mondeo with a dog in the back, he was all in black so no high viz and I was told if the video footage went to court I'd be looking at a 12month ban.
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:38 - 06 Dec 2022    Post subject: Re: Escapism Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
he had to go a whole lot more to catch me up

i hate when they say that, as i pointed out to one copper in the back of their car, its simple physics that they would need to do that, though mine were travelling in the opposite direction on a normal 30mph road, they were trying to claim i was doing 50-60mph because thats the speed they had to do to catch me up, they had to turn around first for starters

does sound like they were baiting you tbh, they should know better than being up a bikes arse
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1