Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 12 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Guns Matter - Stossel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYdk9gSp2Kw

An interesting piece, with a lot of ideas / opinions from the founder that break with the norm.

Very interesting that black people are arming themselves (legally!) more than ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 12 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

More guns in circulation means less gun crime?

https://media.tenor.com/SZl_tY085gAAAAAM/black-smart.gif

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 12 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure it's still true due to the recent election but it's the Brazilian solution. The edict: "being carjacked? feel free to respond with deadly force."

But with regards to the "gun control is racist" the tendency is for urban centres, e.g. New York City, L.A., Washington D.C. to have tight gun controls often in contradiction of 2nd Amendment rights (to which many a court case is fought.) Open carry is banned in quite a few places but if you look a bit deeper somewhere like Florida says "you can't open carry just for the sake of it but you can if you're off hunting." Of course in a city you're unlikely to be doing any hunting! Anyhoo, cities are run by Democrats who are very much riding the anti-gun train at the moment and, purely coincidentally, Black-Americans have a tendency to live in cities.

Therefore Democrats are racist Wink

I would suggest what might be needed is a reversal of the "small town America story" as in kid grows up in Hicksville then moves to the city for a better life. If you're already in the city and life is shit have you considered moving somewhere better? Either that or stop voting in racists.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 12 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an NRA narrative when in reality:
https://vpc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Self-Defense-2020-440.jpg

Guns in the US are mainly used for the following (black men to kill each other and white men to kill themselves):

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Reeves-1215003.png

^note the legal intervention

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:20 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

But! But! If the number of legal gun owners went up naturally the justifiable homicides would overtake the crime ones, right?

https://media.tenor.com/LDiTlSPwGlMAAAAC/banjo-deliverance.gif

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:11 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NRA would probably want you to believe that, ignoring where 'illegal' firearms come from, and the homicides & mass shootings committed with 'legal' firearms.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:04 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it really interesting. Especially the part on training new gun owners to be ruthless in the manner of 'their life or yours'.

It's getting to be the same over here, especially in London, with knife crime. It's one thing when gangs go stabby-stabby on each other, but quite another when they start stabbing innocent teenagers in the street. If you're an innocent teen living in London, what can you do to protect yourself?

I wonder if, in this country, if we had a fully staffed, trained and focussed police force, and if you were found with a knife you were shot on sight by the rozzers, what effect it would have on the knife carrying statistics? Or would the crims then just get guns?

Similar goes for criminals in America - if the weak targets were removed and you faced a very real risk of being shot if you botch a robbery? Would it reduce robbery or just make crims shoot victims without asking questions? This one is partially answered because I do suspect it's happened a bit in America over the years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I found it really interesting. Especially the part on training new gun owners to be ruthless in the manner of 'their life or yours'.

I thought in the US they were reining in stand your ground laws.

arry wrote:
It's getting to be the same over here, especially in London, with knife crime. It's one thing when gangs go stabby-stabby on each other, but quite another when they start stabbing innocent teenagers in the street. If you're an innocent teen living in London, what can you do to protect yourself?

Avoid the main culprits Wink

Despite making up only 13% of London's total population, black Londoners account for 45% of London's knife murder victims, 61% of knife murder perpetrators and 53% of knife crime perpetrators

Problem with the gun advocates is how would adding firearms to the situation make things better, unless kids are meant to go full Rittenhouse just so they can go to school.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Kyle_Rittenhouse_Kenosha_shooting.jpg

arry wrote:
I wonder if, in this country, if we had a fully staffed, trained and focussed police force, and if you were found with a knife you were shot on sight by the rozzers, what effect it would have on the knife carrying statistics? Or would the crims then just get guns?

Stop and search has been shown to work, it's just they start screaming racisms until stabbings/deaths go up, then they call for more stop and search and the cycle begins again.

arry wrote:
Similar goes for criminals in America - if the weak targets were removed and you faced a very real risk of being shot if you botch a robbery? Would it reduce robbery or just make crims shoot victims without asking questions? This one is partially answered because I do suspect it's happened a bit in America over the years.

From what I'm hearing over there it's getting a lot worse post-BLM. Maybe that's what happens when people feel they can commit crime without punishment, and maybe the police needed to be feared.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set 'em up, you knock 'em out M.C. I was being mildly rhetorical.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:04 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black women crushed to death at concert, blame whitey in .... 3.....2...........

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:18 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Black women crushed to death at concert, blame whitey in .... 3.....2...........

If you were crushed/injured/arrested/pushed down stairs and didn't have a ticket, were you a victim or a perpetrator?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/dec/14/this-place-makes-me-utterly-miserable-azealia-banks-refuses-to-tour-australia-again

Quote:
‘This place makes me utterly miserable’: Azealia Banks refuses to tour Australia again
US rapper cancels Brisbane gig hours before she was due on stage, citing a past experience having a bottle thrown at her

Quote:
Azealia Banks has vowed she will never return to Australia while on tour in the country, and cancelled her show in Brisbane hours before she was due to go on stage, citing a past concert in the city as “the most racist, most demoralising experience of my fucking life”.

The US rapper was due to perform in Brisbane and Melbourne earlier this week, but both gigs were postponed due to “visa issues”. She performed in Sydney on Sunday night and her Melbourne show, which was cancelled hours before she was set to perform on 10 December, has been rescheduled for this Saturday.

But on Tuesday, Banks took to Instagram to announce her performance in Brisbane that night would be cancelled, detailing her past experiences in the city.

“I’m so sorry you guys – actually I’m not sorry – but listen: last time I was in Brisbane and y’all threw shit on the stage and damn near almost fucking hit me in the face with a fucking bottle of soda or whatever that shit was,” Banks said in a video. “That was the most racist, most demoralising experience of my fucking life and right now I’m on a really good track.”

“Sydney and Melbourne are the only cities I really want to play,” she added. “Y’all got a whole different culture around here. I am too far away from home … I am a beautiful black woman and I am not going to get in front of some audience of white people for them to be throwing shit at me. I am so not sorry. I am not sorry at all. Brisbane, y’all are just going to have to take the L and smoke it.”

Hours later, she said the performance would happen but with extra security measures: “Any and everything that can be considered a [projectile] must be checked in at coat check. No keys, no coins, no hair brushes, no vape pens, no lighters. No drinks on the dancefloor. The minute something stupid happens I’m leaving.”

She called this Australian tour her “farewell tour”.

“After this run this will be my very last time touring Australia,” she said. “This place makes me utterly miserable and I’m too black and beautiful to have a bunch of white people in my face playing with me over their WEAK ASS CURRENCY.”

Utter ballbags. She had visa issues - cos borders are well racist - and instead of fessing up that between her and her entourage they've messed up the paperwork, it's easier to blame something from half a decade ago and say it's all whitey's fault.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
it's easier to blame something from half a decade ago and say it's all whitey's fault.

Being the perpetual victim butters quite a lot of parsnips these days. Unless you're someone who's likely to
actually eat parsnips of course, then its more or less all your fault.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 year old in the sweet aisle at Tesco throwing a paddy. If their demands are always met then the behaviour will continue.

What we need here is a journo with balls (fat chance) to line up an interview, let the bitch run her mouth and then give her a verbal slap-down live on national television. Let Twitter explode, wait a few days then call a press conference (at the same time start a rumour that an apology will be issued.)

And once you have everyone's attention: "...she's a grifting bitch playing the race card. I regret nothing! If you have a problem I suggest you find the nearest mirror and take a good look at yourself. This shit needs to stop."

"No." How did we forget a word so short?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair the most racist person I ever met was an Australian.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:05 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Azealia Banks has vowed she will never return to Australia while on tour in the country, and cancelled her show in Brisbane hours before she was due to go on stage, citing a past concert in the city as “the most racist, most demoralising experience of my fucking life”.

The US rapper was due to perform in Brisbane and Melbourne earlier this week, but both gigs were postponed due to “visa issues”. She performed in Sydney on Sunday night and her Melbourne show, which was cancelled hours before she was set to perform on 10 December, has been rescheduled for this Saturday.

But on Tuesday, Banks took to Instagram to announce her performance in Brisbane that night would be cancelled, detailing her past experiences in the city.

“I’m so sorry you guys – actually I’m not sorry – but listen: last time I was in Brisbane and y’all threw shit on the stage and damn near almost fucking hit me in the face with a fucking bottle of soda or whatever that shit was,” Banks said in a video. “That was the most racist, most demoralising experience of my fucking life and right now I’m on a really good track.”

“Sydney and Melbourne are the only cities I really want to play,” she added. “Y’all got a whole different culture around here. I am too far away from home … I am a beautiful black woman and I am not going to get in front of some audience of white people for them to be throwing shit at me. I am so not sorry. I am not sorry at all. Brisbane, y’all are just going to have to take the L and smoke it.”

Thinking

What if the incident she's referring to happened in Melbourne rather than Brisbane?

2013 wrote:
"Azealia Banks was forced to cut her set short last night at the Listen Out Festival in Melbourne on 5th October 2013," read a statement from Listen Out. "This was as a result of a member of the audience throwing a full can of beer at her on stage."

"The incident made Azealia and her stage crew feel unsafe. Banks would like to apologize to those fans in the audience whose experience was affected by the behavior of one individual," the statement continued.

https://www.upi.com/blog/2013/10/07/Azealia-Banks-walks-off-stage-after-fan-tosses-beer-can-VIDEO/1001381151217/

Suppose it's easy to get the cities mixed up as they all look the same.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:49 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's guilty of projecting her personal prejudices onto a different culture.

An Aussie throwing a FULL can of beer onto the stage is tantamount to a standing ovation.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

And once you have everyone's attention: "...she's a grifting bitch playing the race card. I regret nothing! If you have a problem I suggest you find the nearest mirror and take a good look at yourself. This shit needs to stop."

then they'd have their life "cancelled" and never work in the media again.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Only if there's general agreement that's what we all do. This is Nazi Germany level shit at the moment accept we don't know who's running the Party.

Surely an opportunity for a real journalist to uncover the truth. "You say I'll never work in this town again. Who told you to do that?" Then follow the trail back.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

Only if there's general agreement that's what we all do. This is Nazi Germany level shit at the moment accept we don't know who's running the Party.

Surely an opportunity for a real journalist to uncover the truth. "You say I'll never work in this town again. Who told you to do that?" Then follow the trail back.

You're not going to find one person, or even a small group of people actively engineering the woke agenda, a central hub as it were. The closest you'll get to that is in academia, universities and the circles these folks mix in. Then there's social media. There, it's a mob mentality, not a centrally organised movement. Then it spreads out in smaller ways into the mainstream. It's the religion that told them to do it. You could take out the Pope, or even the entire organisation of the Vatican, but it won't destroy Catholicism; the religion will still be out there.

Let's say you did media studies in university, wanting to be a journalist. Either you're going to have been indoctrinated there, or even if you resist that, when you go to look for employment, you'll find you have to follow the religion to get a job.
The answer is to have organisations that are built anew from the ground up that are against this stuff. So you get something like GB News, which was attacked with all the usual wokist accusations even before it started airing. Still there though. How you do that with centres of learning is another matter, but I believe there are some trying to.

We need people like Elon Musk who have the financial ability to set up such new organisations and institutions. You could argue that he wasted a lot of money buying Twitter, and might have been better starting new centres of learning from which people will spread out into the world just as the woke disciples have, but someone had to get in there to enable that particular cathedral to be disrupted.

Funnily enough, perhaps the main threat to the Woke Church is Islam. They seem to be very afraid to attack it at the moment, but the two are diametrically opposed in doctrine, so a clash will come eventually I think. At present, it's almost like the German/Soviet pact that existed before Hitler's forces invaded Russia.

Islam seems to present a very difficult dilemma to the Woke Church. Perhaps that's because the central regions of that religion aren't in the West, and to try to go into those regions with Woke is like when western missionaries tried to bring Christianity to places like India. Sure, you'll get a handful of converts, but mostly you'll get resistance to the point of violence (actual physical violence, not the silly verbal stuff that hurts wokists so much). They seem to have tried kind of half-heartedly in Qatar recently during the World Cup, but look how quickly and easily they backed down from that fight, and now have pretty much stopped talking about it. Woke 'values' are still found to be very weak when challenged. You have to wonder if it's a religion that can last as others have. I certainly don't think it'll still be around in a couple of thousand years time; too paradoxical, it challenges itself in too many areas, becomes hypocritical at the first test.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the BBC has found the need to race bait again....

BBC Young Reporter: 'Why don't more teachers look like me?'

I'm sure you can guess what the young reporter looks like.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-63946894

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I see the BBC has found the need to race bait again....

BBC Young Reporter: 'Why don't more teachers look like me?'

I'm sure you can guess what the young reporter looks like.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-63946894

Does he want to force black people into the teaching profession?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you don't see people in those jobs who look like you, who have similar backgrounds and experiences to you, then it's really hard to imagine yourself doing that job.
I have friends who are from ethnic minority backgrounds who'd like to be teachers - but the lack of representation is putting them off.

What nonsense, get over yourself. It’s like the black cycling, black hiking, black reading clubs. Making yourselves special so you don’t have to try to integrate.

Ah well, best stick to rapping, drug-dealing and stabbing because that’s supposedly where the ‘representation’ is. Wink Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do they expect to change that lack of representation if they let it put them off?
And also, we're talking about minorities. So what levels of representation do they expect?
I wonder how it would be if you didn't see just skin colour everywhere you looked, but saw potential and capability instead?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish people would use the term Woke.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 120 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 180 of 184