Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

musk tho

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic : View next topic  

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Yes, I see someone setting out with an agenda to push, just like any other journalist really Rolling Eyes

For example:

Quote:
That is not a demand [of a missive from the FBI.] There is no coercion associated with the email, and it certainly appears that Twitter frequently rejected these flags from the US government. Twitter’s most recent transparency report lists all of the “legal demands” the company received for content removals in the US, and its compliance rate is 40.6%. In other words, it complied with well under half of any demands for data removal from the government.

Firstly, Mike Masnick isn't actually a journalist. He writes a technical blog that has a good record of getting to the heart of legal nonsense and other issues with technology. He's also got an excellent track record for being right.

There's no 'agenda' in that paragraph. It's an analysis of response to requests from the US federal government and agencies. What it is is an analysis of the ration of takedowns to refusals.

Easy-X wrote:
Disingenuous much? If I flagged some tweets I wouldn't hold my breath anything would get done. Type it up on official government letter paper? No added weight at all, no sir, says Magic Mike. And yes, Twitter did reject some of these request but no mention of the sort of people who were "let off." (I mean, who'd miss one of the Baldwin brothers anyway, there are so many of them.)

"Literally no scandal here" sorry but that's opinion, not fact. A "respected" journalist should know the difference.

Again, not disingenuous at all. Simply an analysis of facts.

Maybe your response is driven by your own agenda? Looks like it to me. He's not giving the answers that fit your world model.

Oh and again, he's not a journalist. He owns and write a technical blog...

I mean, Musk couldn't possibly have an agenda with the claims he's fed to the actual journalists could he? And he's never ever ever been caught in an actual lie swear to Trump cross his heart and hope to die.

Laughing Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Does anyone here believe these figures?

If it's on the internet (and it suits your own world view), it must be true.

@Howling Terror: It's good that you find something useful to you on Twitter. But for me, I weigh up this with the damage it's doing in other ways, and I can't find justification for keeping the good side of this company with that in mind. If it could be more like just the side you use, then fine. But as it is, I'd prefer to see it gone entirely. Whatever, if it is to continue to exist, it needs to change drastically. Perhaps if you could remove all the politics from it somehow.

Social media to me is still in an experimental stage. I think it has a long way to go before you could say it is mostly beneficial.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Quote:
That is not a demand [of a missive from the FBI.] There is no coercion associated with the email, and it certainly appears that Twitter frequently rejected these flags from the US government.

There's no 'agenda' in that paragraph. It's an analysis of response to requests from the US federal government and agencies. What it is is an analysis of the ration of takedowns to refusals.

An analysis without a firm conclusion, it would appear Wink
And analyses can draw the wrong conclusions.
I'm not saying it's one way or the other - how could I possibly know? Just pointing out the flaw in your logic if you think there is a clear-cut conclusion you can come to.

Quote:
Maybe your response is driven by your own agenda? Looks like it to me. He's not giving the answers that fit your world model.

Agenda? You think Easy is actively working towards a political goal? We're all just commenting on what we think aren't we? It's a discussion, not a campaign. None of us know the facts of the case to any reliable degree, we're all just speculating. Likely a bit of truth on both sides, but again, none of us know how much at this point.

Destroy Twitter - solve the whole damn problem!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Firstly, Mike Masnick isn't actually a journalist. He writes a technical blog that has a good record of getting to the heart of legal nonsense and other issues with technology. He's also got an excellent track record for being right.

Is this guy human? Then he has foibles, and can make mistakes, or can have his own reasons for doing things. He can also be influenced.
How would you know for sure? Such a highly politically charged subject, my tendency would be to trust no one.
Politics has unfortunately dragged just about everyone in one direction or another to some degree. Towards the top end of things, there can be great rewards for towing a particular line.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assume Magic Mike is Left Wing given the tactic of picking apart small details, the broad brush strokes of an FBI unit specifically set up to manipulate elections and social media companies roundly ignored.

A lot of IT people seem to be rabidly Left Wing judging from the comments section of The Register for example. Probably something about getting paid large stacks to do fuck all which is the aspect of my industry I detest the most.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I can assume Magic Mike is Left Wing given the tactic of picking apart small details, the broad brush strokes of an FBI unit specifically set up to manipulate elections and social media companies roundly ignored.

A lot of IT people seem to be rabidly Left Wing judging from the comments section of The Register for example. Probably something about getting paid large stacks to do fuck all which is the aspect of my industry I detest the most.

Oh dear, resorting to attacking the source because of your perception of someone's politics are we?

You just lost the argument and the Internet I'm afraid. Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

Is this guy human? Then he has foibles, and can make mistakes, or can have his own reasons for doing things. He can also be influenced.
How would you know for sure? Such a highly politically charged subject, my tendency would be to trust no one.
Politics has unfortunately dragged just about everyone in one direction or another to some degree. Towards the top end of things, there can be great rewards for towing a particular line.

I can only go by his track record to date and it's pretty good. Like I said, hes a well respected source.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

I can only go by his track record to date and it's pretty good. Like I said, hes a well respected source.

But you do understand that proves nothing?
With the current climate in US politics, I would be very circumspect about going by previous track record with a subject so entwined in politics.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

You just lost the argument and the Internet I'm afraid. Laughing

Islander, stop poking the boy at the desk in front of you and get on with your work, or you'll find yourself staying behind after class!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it back: it's not the laziness it's the holier-than-thou attitude Sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of it about.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:03 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgflip.com/754v8n.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6