Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

so, what is Santa bringing you this year?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 18 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
If previous years are anything to go by,

cant you try persuading him to give you gift vouchers instead? it seems quite popular these days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter #3 will probably get me something alcohol based, daughter #2 will get me something quirky and random and daughter #1 has unknowingly bought me a nice Berghaus rucksack.
Fark knows what the mrs will get.
I'm really not fussed but I don't believe anyone who says they don't want anything, it's always nice to unwrap something, even if it's useless tat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:21 - 19 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
A 4080, its my present to myself Laughing

Wanted one (graphics card), but at that price they can go fuck themselves Evil or Very Mad

£1059, didn't think it was too bad!

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:37 - 20 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Halfords advanced.torque wrenches have a lovely click and are far superior to most on the market.

So ... are Halfords own-brand generally perceived to be a decent brand these days? (obvs not as decent as, say, Snap-on - but generally not made of cheese)

Yes
They actually used to be made by Facom.

Very good quality stuff.

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 05:05 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am a huge pervert.

(I know Warped is a pervert) (new members look it up).

Bought the wife nice array of toys from love honey.
Gave her one the other week, and got a 3hr show.

Defo the best £300 i've ever spent.

Selfish cow, didn't let me play though.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:03 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiritMr89 wrote:
Am a huge pervert.

(I know Warped is a pervert) (new members look it up).

Bought the wife nice array of toys from love honey.
Gave her one the other week, and got a 3hr show.

Defo the best £300 i've ever spent.

Selfish cow, didn't let me play though.

Cucked by a sex toy. Hahahahahahhaha.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Santa's bad books this year so won't be getting anything. I am currently working in an office in a large, Victorian town hall. The hall has a very impressive, ornate foyer and every year certain of the staff at this town hall make a Christmas display including an almost full-sized santa complete with sleigh and reindeer. Presents for poor people are collected, do-gooders photographed etc etc... It is a 'thing' apparently, to which the particular Council is proud.

On Monday I was leaving the building quite late and I accidently clipped one of the reindeer, causing it to bump into another and both to fall over. No problem I thought, and I tried to stand them up again. I couldn't get them to stand properly so I did the next best thing which was 'mount' one on the back of the other. That did the trick, and I left.

I got to work on Tuesday morning to find a full-scale investigation going on, as apparently some members of the public had seen it and complained to Councillors, who then complained to the Chief Executive. For those who know how Council's work, Chief Executive involvement is as bad as it gets...

The lady on reception tells me that the CCTV has been 'passed on', whatever that means, and I await my punishment Rolling Eyes

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I am in Santa's bad books this year so won't be getting anything. I am currently working in an office in a large, Victorian town hall. The hall has a very impressive, ornate foyer and every year certain of the staff at this town hall make a Christmas display including an almost full-sized santa complete with sleigh and reindeer. Presents for poor people are collected, do-gooders photographed etc etc... It is a 'thing' apparently, to which the particular Council is proud.

On Monday I was leaving the building quite late and I accidently clipped one of the reindeer, causing it to bump into another and both to fall over. No problem I thought, and I tried to stand them up again. I couldn't get them to stand properly so I did the next best thing which was 'mount' one on the back of the other. That did the trick, and I left.

I got to work on Tuesday morning to find a full-scale investigation going on, as apparently some members of the public had seen it and complained to Councillors, who then complained to the Chief Executive. For those who know how Council's work, Chief Executive involvement is as bad as it gets...

The lady on reception tells me that the CCTV has been 'passed on', whatever that means, and I await my punishment Rolling Eyes

Firstly, I hope you don't get into any trouble for it... But secondly, that's a cracker that one, gave me a chuckle!

Xmas for me is a time to just get through as quickly and painlessly as possible. I very rarely get what I'd like, and have given up asking for worthwhile things now - it'll be the usual socks/hankies etc.
It's also just a generally depressing time in our family, my wife gets upset due to missing family that have passed away over the years and my family are as distant as we can get.
She still insists on cooking a full breakfast, then a Xmas meal with all the trimmings and several different stuffing types etc, which makes Xmas day a stressful affair full of constant cooking and washing up - I've never had a Xmas of just chilling and watching films... but I've promised myself I will one year!

Then there's my teenage daughter who still gets excited by the whole thing, and I have to pretend to get excited too and spoil her too much with loads of presents to make up for her being an only child and having parents who generally get ratty.
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

In Blakey voice..

'that's made my day that has..'

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Xmas for me is a time to just get through as quickly and painlessly as possible.

I'm with you on that one. It is a time of unmet expectations, having to be nice to people you don't see for the rest of the year for good reason, and arguments between people who want it to be a big deal and those of us that don't. Unless you achieve the 'perfect' Christmas, which according to advertisers is a large family gathering in silly jumpers around a table full of perfect food, you have apparently failed at life and you need to be told about your failure every time you turn on the telly. The only way you can redeem yourself is by spending more money on future landfill.

Of course, you can always listen to more Cliff Richard and 'Feed the World' whilst you think of the children and eat more than you need Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 125 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2