Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

UK jobs, fuel shortgages etc. Brexit dividents?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying the effective withdrawal of NHS services for 2 years might have an impact on people's long term health?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:23 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to withdraw more NHS services.

That will allow us to stop keeping serious ill (often old) people alive for so long when the treatments are very expensive and have diminishing returns.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:54 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

That will allow us to stop keeping serious ill (often old) people alive for so long when the treatments are very expensive and have diminishing returns.

I agree and I'm an old illish person. We also need to stop all cosmetic unless from an accident or attack. Fertility treatment should be at familys expense as should all this gender change stuff. there's probably a lot of other things that could be cut but also the whole set up needs to be addressed.

Go back to basic illness and accident treatment.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:01 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so this goes back to the primary error with National Insurance: insurance against living past 65. The plebs weren't expected to take up the offer on a regular basis.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 01 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Another Brexit divident. After all old people are dead because of the lack of NHS services the UK will become exactly like Sparta. Without the money though Laughing

UK economy to do ‘worse than Russia’, warns IMF on Brexit anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLqWZrwDHEQ

These are literally intrenational money experts I guess if you do not trust experts all will be fine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:50 - 01 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the IMF predicted a growth of 3.2 (later updated to 3.6) % growth for the UK for 2022 when it actually turned out to be 4.1%.

I'd be more convinced by something off the actual IMF website than fucking youtube, btw.

There's also a massive difference between a slowing of rate of growth compared to a recession which is actually the opposite of growth and is a contraction.

Russia's economy has been hit badly by the war, of course it will recover and rebound quickly, thus very high growth percentage. Look at Japan and Germany after the second world war.

Nothing to do with Brexit, more a case that you don't really understand what the numbers actually mean.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:47 - 01 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My statistics lecturer said that anyone who tries to express a trend as a change in rate is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

Such as making a nice downward pointing chart of change in rate of economic growth over time when the economy is still growing.

The interest rate hike has done wonders for my premium bonds. I've had a 4.5% return in the last 12 months. Tax free.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 02 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headline has now been changed but … Rolling Eyes Laughing

https://i.postimg.cc/GpL5Dg0M/5-F154-CBB-352-B-49-BF-84-E5-482184-CCB4-FD.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 21 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choked on my tea today listening to LBC radio: UK supermarket chains limit tomato sale less then two items per person.

ROFL here people Laughing Laughing Laughing

There is no tomato crisis in the EU.

Here is a picture of the tomato stand of my local small 2000 people vilage German supermarket in relatively poor area:

https://i.imgur.com/4vjxDwu.jpg

Should I strart preparing food help packages for you guys there?

Or Brexit is going great?

Last edited by Val on 20:04 - 21 Feb 2023; edited 1 time in total

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:07 - 21 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the people in the UK are wondering where these shortages are. They certainly aren't a feature in Wiltshire.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 21 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of bleeding Germany through charity donations does have a certain appeal. Sure, send all you can afford. No, more than you can afford just so we can join in with the Americans laughing at you.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 21 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
listening to LBC radio:

There’s your mistake. And besides, why would you, a Bulgarian living in Germany?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 21 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Val wrote:
listening to LBC radio:

There’s your mistake. And besides, why would you, a Bulgarian living in Germany?

He really misses Britain Smile

Social media (I was looking for the source of that photo) is full of lefties bemoaning the BBC not blaming it on Brexit Thinking

Not Brexit

Anecdotal evidence suggests the UK has been bearing the brunt of the shortages, but problems have also been reported in Ireland.

Tesco Ireland said its stock levels were temporarily affected, while the locally-owned chain SuperValu has also reported problems.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:12 - 21 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine who lives between here and Spain said a lot of farmers she works with have mothballed their greenhouses because of the high fuel prices. So possibly a straight-up supply issue too.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 21 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
A friend of mine who lives between here and Spain said a lot of farmers she works with have mothballed their greenhouses because of the high fuel prices. So possibly a straight-up supply issue too.

(Farmers doing) that was referenced in the BBC article: Meanwhile in the UK and Netherlands, farmers have cut back on their use of greenhouses to grow winter crops due to higher electricity prices.

Like during Covid it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, there probably will be now even though I was in the supermarket today and it was all well stocked, and has been recently.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:36 - 21 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were selling few enough veggies in my local coop that the butternut squash and mini sweetcorn I had with tea tonight were marked down. I almost never pay full price for fruit and veg, they don't eat that kind of thing up here in the North of England. Especially if it's not cabbage or peas.

It'll be something with mushrooms tomorrow night, they were marked down tonight but they'll be cheaper tomorrow.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it fashionable from Remainers to keep posting bollocks like this so we all have to spend 5 mins Googling it to find out it's not a UK wide problem, the polls haven't budged, the Lib Dems are tanking in the polls, so other than feathering their own Schizophrenia , it's pointless

The amount of food waste this country generates is terrible and people are going on about a shortage of out of season goods? amazing
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:55 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We splashed out this morning.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/331076393_975353476760369_7187291014956803449_n.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

You must have photoshopped that because Val says we are in a tomato war, no one will sell to Brexit britain and we all know Val knows best. Folded arms

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:32 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

You must have photoshopped that because Val says we are in a tomato war, no one will sell to Brexit britain and we all know Val knows best. Folded arms

Okay, custard test time.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/img-20230222-wa0002.jpeg

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of EU food prices, who's been to France self catering in the past few years?

Everything food/drink wise (apart from French made booze and baguettes) is about 50% higher than here it seems - irrespective of which supermarket you go to.

Recent inflation might mean we've caught up a bit but really, I was staggered.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
On the subject of EU food prices, who's been to France self catering in the past few years?

Everything food/drink wise (apart from French made booze and baguettes) is about 50% higher than here it seems - irrespective of which supermarket you go to.

Recent inflation might mean we've caught up a bit but really, I was staggered.

When I was last in Germany everything was more expensive than the UK. Whether the wage differences made up for that I have no idea.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

No need to show off mate...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Why is it fashionable from Remainers to keep posting bollocks like this so we all have to spend 5 mins Googling it to find out it's not a UK wide problem, the polls haven't budged, the Lib Dems are tanking in the polls, so other than feathering their own Schizophrenia , it's pointless

Brexit still lives rent free in their head and it seems to trigger unrelated meltdowns for them. Clarkson had one in the final episode of Clarkson's farm, after a sprinkler was left on which drained his water tank.

When he was told someone could come out that day to have a look at it, he blamed the B word and said a Pole would have been there instantly, and it wouldn't have gone wrong in the first place Thinking

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why if the EU is so great, that right wing (Media = 'Far Right') parties have got in in Italy and nearly France.

Maybe the reason long-term sickness in the UK has been rising is because we work such long hours whilst in France they are rioting because the retirement age is going up from 62.

All these Economic/GDP graphs don't mean much to me. I was just as skint back in 2007 under the Labour government when Britain was boomimg and a proud member of the EU.

I voted for Brexit because I thought the EU was getting above it's station. The Lisbon treaty started it for me, and this whole idea about an 'EU' Army was a joke. What would the EU army (if it existed) be doing about Ukraine? Sapping millions of Euros and sitting on its arse worried that if it does something Putin might get pressy pressy with the big red button.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12