Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone heard of By City?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:27 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Anyone heard of By City? Reply with quote

Looking at this summer jacket...
https://saltflatsclothing.co.uk/collections/mens-jackets/products/by-city-mens-teneree-venty-ii-mesh-textile-jacket?variant=15353119178861
looks nice, but I never heard of By City or saltflats clothing...
And when I google this jacket I get only a few random small shops I never heard of.

Anyone know of them?
Is it legit?
Or is it some ultra cheap chinese gear being touted as made in the EU?

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems lacking in the description of it CE safety rating, that would be a red flag to me for a starter

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:35 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
It seems lacking in the description of it CE safety rating, that would be a red flag to me for a starter

Yeah, though i would have replaced the amour anyway.
But it looked good.
Also no size chart.

A friend of a friend has one, which they then asked me if it would look good her.
(ladies version) Which got me looking at the jacket.

Anyway. Yeah feeling very cautious about this one.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:14 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
rpsmith79 wrote:

Yeah, though i would have replaced the amour anyway.
But it looked good.
Also no size chart.

A friend of a friend has one, which they then asked me if it would look good her.
(ladies version) Which got me looking at the jacket.

Anyway. Yeah feeling very cautious about this one.

Its not just the armoir that needs to be CE approved though, the whole garment has to be approved, or else they can't legally sell it as motorcycle gear

I suspect they are trying to flog old, non approved gear

Personally i'd avoid them like the plague, as it will probably be no better than a thick hoodie should you ever come off

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:41 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn’t feel right, it’s not right.

The old saying goes : If you smell a rat, it’s probably a rat!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:24 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

True that. But looking around, it appears it is certified (as a mesh jacket could be).

https://bycity.eu/product/teneree-ii-venty-man-jacket/

Quote:
Removable EN1621-1:2012 CE level 2 “Flexishock” certificated elbow and shouldrs guards.
Approved product for motorcycle CE pr EN17092-4:2018 Level A.

Interestingly, the first search item on Google when looking came up with the Bike Shed in London. Seems they're doing their own range of gear and they don't specify the safety ratings, either. How hipster Laughing

Quote:

The By City site states they're out of Spain and at first glance you'd say they've got premises:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6101834,-1.1440526,3a,75y,310.49h,94.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1V3c1efjVwThMvp73bt5bw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

But they're all a bit hooky for me, on a jacket that isn't at all cheap. I bought a Weiss mesh for less than half that, more like a third.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:34 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
rpsmith79 wrote:

True that. But looking around, it appears it is certified (as a mesh jacket could be).

https://bycity.eu/product/teneree-ii-venty-man-jacket/

Quote:
Removable EN1621-1:2012 CE level 2 “Flexishock” certificated elbow and shouldrs guards.
Approved product for motorcycle CE pr EN17092-4:2018 Level A.

Interestingly, the first search item on Google when looking came up with the Bike Shed in London. Seems they're doing their own range of gear and they don't specify the safety ratings, either. How hipster Laughing

Quote:

The By City site states they're out of Spain and at first glance you'd say they've got premises:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6101834,-1.1440526,3a,75y,310.49h,94.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1V3c1efjVwThMvp73bt5bw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

But they're all a bit hooky for me, on a jacket that isn't at all cheap. I bought a Weiss mesh for less than half that, more like a third.

Randomly, I was just watching a motorcycle YooToob channel I follow occasionally and By City came up. They're stocked in Urban Rider in London, which is a very reputable place, so I guess that takes away some of the nervousness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:21 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to know if its actually being sold in reputable places.
I saw the revit mesh jacket but I liked that this one has wax cotton arms... So a little better protected.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1