Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Need help with my Yamaha TDR 125 Belgarda

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scorfna666
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:36 - 23 Jan 2023    Post subject: Need help with my Yamaha TDR 125 Belgarda Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to bikes in general. Some years back my father had acuiresld a 1994ish Yamaha TDR 125 Belgarda, which from what little info I can gather is like an Italian variant of the normal TDR 125.

Differences include no deltabox frame, a DT frame takes its place, a derestricted engine that, while still a 125cc, is rumoured to be the same engine as what the TZR125R has (so around 28ish hp) 3MB00P head, where the P denotes a mild port job, Brembo disks front and back, same Brembo wheels as a TZR, different plastics, etc.

Now we come to the questions.. While trying to restore it to its former glory we realised that the clutch seemed to be stuck closed, i.e. the plates wouldn't separate themselves far enough for it to release when pressing clutch lever. We dismantled it, cleaned and left the plates in oil for a whole night and mounted everything back in its place. Now, while the bike is now able to be pushed around with the clutch depressed, as soon as I start it and put it in gear, even with the clutch still depressed, it switches off on its own. It feels like when you try to ram it in gear without clutch, switches off immediately. I did not yet play with the clutch setting, maybe release it a bit more or set it to tighten more with the pull, so that might help.

In your opinion, does it make more sense to buy a new clutch or keep playing around with this one a bit, maybe it fully releases by time? Also where would one buy parts for them that ship to Europe, Malta specifically?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:45 - 23 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you push it along in gear and with the clutch pulled in?

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:44 - 23 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side stand switch?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:43 - 23 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why I'm asking about pushing it along in gear with the clutch in....

Scorfna666
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:25 - 08 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply, but you were right! Had no idea the stand had to be up to be able to put it in gear!!

Now, onwards to new headaches and problems..

Gears 1-3 are going in smoothly, but 4th takes a bit of fiddling to go in and 5th and 6th even more so.. What could cause this issue? What do I have to buy?

Again, thanks for your help!!

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 08 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd check first that the clutch is adjusted properly.

Is this issue experienced while the bike is moving/running?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:18 - 09 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
I'd check first that the clutch is adjusted properly.
Is this issue experienced while the bike is moving/running?

Listen to A100man. Adjust your clutch per Yamaha specification, and make sure the shift lever is aligned to the shaft so that it can arc freely through its range of motion in both directions. Verify that the oil in the bike is the correct grade and viscosity. Beyond that, there is not much else you can do to make the transmission shift better without disassembly. Likely internal issues probably involve worn or bent parts, which cannot be ascertained until the transmission is apart.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 67 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1