Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:16 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I had to go on street view to see where the camera was.

Link to the camera on street view?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
For the whole 200 yards approaching it that they are visible for?

Completely unsighted on my dashcam footage, I had to go on street view to see where the camera was.

So what you're actually saying is "whoops, poor obs on my part. Mea culpa" then. Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
So, is this a road that you normally drive down or were you anticipating a speed limit that you had come across for the first time?

First time driving that way, Google maps did one of their pointless save 2 mins diversions (they majorly grind my gears...).

Ste wrote:
M.C wrote:
I had to go on street view to see where the camera was.

Link to the camera on street view?

Old Ste would have found it in 30 seconds Crying or Very sad And no this has become tedious enough.

Islander wrote:
M.C wrote:
Completely unsighted on my dashcam footage, I had to go on street view to see where the camera was.

So what you're actually saying is "whoops, poor obs on my part. Mea culpa" then. Rolling Eyes

I was explaining why I couldn't see the big yellow thing. In terms of getting caught it's a fair cop, I still think approaching a speed increase is a c***y place to put a speed camera (obviously BCF disagrees).

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:19 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you couldn't see the big yellow thing for so long before you saw the 40 mph limit sign so far up the road that you accelerated up to that speed considerably before the sign and then bitched for getting caught.

If the 'van' was blocking your sight of the camera it would have blocked your sight of the 40 mph sign.

FFS when I got done for 95 in a 50 I didn't even try to defend it. Not that I could...

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

slags have hidden the speed camera behind a road sign on one of the main roads in my area Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:25 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
slags have hidden the speed camera behind a road sign on one of the main roads in my area Evil or Very Mad

Photos or GTFO

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
If the 'van' was blocking your sight of the camera it would have blocked your sight of the 40 mph sign.

The 40 mph signs are on both sides of the road as the image I posted showed.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:33 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that they are on both sides of the road because they demark the line where the speed limit applies from? You really aren't helping your case here.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You do know that they are on both sides of the road because they demark the line where the speed limit applies from? You really aren't helping your case here.

What case is that? You said the van would have blocked the 40 mph sign and I pointed out there was one on the other side of the road, as they're further up along that road on both sides.

You're concocting an argument I never made then thinking you've disproved it Confused

M.C wrote:
Speeding ticket, 8am on a Sunday morning, within ~100m of a 40 mph sign Rolling Eyes
M.C wrote:
In terms of getting caught it's a fair cop, I still think approaching a speed increase is a c***y place to put a speed camera (obviously BCF disagrees).

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

Photos or GTFO

just for you nobby Rolling Eyes
https://www.google.com/maps/@50.9194297,-1.4623407,3a,75y,270h,97.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smFEaCgm7rKGYtEezKOA5gg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

camera is hidden behind the green sign.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:13 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. you would only get caught once.

2. Just how much over the speed limit would you be going that you can't slow down enough after seeing it?

I prefer this picture. It even says what the speed limit is and warns you of camers.

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.9194846,-1.4624569,3a,75y,310.7h,80.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWmx_Vl3uhu2YUkYwX-ADZA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:01 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that just near the Harley Davidson shop?
I bought a battery there Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:32 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed limit signs? Meh.

Bus lane Signs in Glasgow.

Bastirts are more inconspicuous than Workable Tory Budget Plan.

Twice I've been done. Embarassed

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Isn't that just near the Harley Davidson shop?
I bought a battery there Thumbs Up

yep, on way to the motorway.
the road was always a 50mph speed limit. then a few years back they changed it to 40mph and hid the camera. scummy twats!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Speed limit signs? Meh.

Poor obs. Razz

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:54 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Speed limit signs? Meh.

I'm lead to believe there are also "traps" near the railway station where you can drive in legally but can't then drive out without going in a camera controlled bus lane.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 04:01 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who are supposed to be friends but seem oddly absent!

Firstly ...
A couple of biker mates ... we all met up years ago via BCF ... she was young, he was older, they got together, make a great couple.

He's had to deal with a few things over the last few months, takes forever to reply to a text (if ever) and has not responded to a phone call in a few months.

She's a bit better, but doesn't respond every time I get in contact (which due to current situation is getting less).

This is the complete opposite of how it used to be .... if I've done something wrong then tell me, I can then say sorry or tell you to feck off ... I think this is called 'ghosting' by the younger generation.

Secondly ...
Start of December shit started happening with my legs again, resulting in open wounds on both my feet and legs ... resulting in a two week hospital stay due to cellulitis in both legs, blood pressure plummeting, kidneys down to 50% etc.

Another couple who I get on good with, the male of which I've worked with over three different employers!

January 15th, she gets in touch (while I'm still in hospital) as they were so worried about me, as it seems my illness was a bit more serious than I'd realised, but hey ho on we go!

He doesn't get in touch as he's scared of upsetting me WTF!

Two weeks have now passed, and they are so worried that I've heard nothing since!!

I really cannot be bothered with this type of crap!

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 04:06 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who get done for speeding and then complain about it ... it's really quite simple, don't go over the limit, don't get done Laughing

Last edited by BanditsHigh on 04:20 - 29 Jan 2023; edited 1 time in total

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 04:12 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soon to be low emissions zone in Glasgow ... bounded on two sides by the M8 motorway ... that makes sense!!

Quote from ra'net ... The route has both rural and urban characteristics, and with traffic flows upwards of 150,000 vehicles per day, is amongst the busiest motorways in Europe.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 04:13 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, who are having trouble sleeping, posting a lot of shit on BCF ... DOH Embarassed

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:52 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, I've just got over Cellulitis in one leg and that was bad enough Shocked

I've had similar experiences with "friends" - worked with someone with through numerous employers then disappears into the ether - but in my case I at least know it's me. If it wasn't for my sought after technical knowledge I'd be living as a hermit in a cave. I find not giving a fuck helps a lot though.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:28 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Banditshigh

I find you've just gotta noise folks up. Instead of sitting waiting for them to get in touch, get in touch with them. As you say, they might think you've got a lot on your plate and don't want to bother you, if they're a good friend you can just let them know this isn't the case.

I've not heard from my best mate, who was best man at my wedding for a couple of years now. He's off doing the family thing and I've got it in my head that his new wife really doesn't approve of me, that I'm a bad infuence, I don't fit in with her idea of who she wants their social circle to be and in some ways she resents the level of friendship we have. I'm probably right in that respect but equally, I should fucking grow a pair and go noise him up because I'm sure he misses me too and she just needs to get over it.

Should've seen the puss on her the last time I was over. She came back after a long weekend to find we'd not decorated the spare room but instead had spent most of it drinking beer and playing computer games and had also found time to go into town and buy him a motorbike...

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:35 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

AI generated shitpost blogs.

You search for something and all the searches return huge, wordy and entirely devoid of insughtful content generic bollocks scattered with affiliate links.

Recipes are bad for it. Also ran into a whole lot of it looking for what mask and snorkel to get my Mum for her birthday. It clearly wan't written by a human being, they all have a very similar tone and the content is broadly the same with varying syntax. Like a couple of people wrote stuff on the subject, then an AI has scraped that content but now it's stuck in a cycle scraping content off other AI generated blogs and re-hashing it.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
@ Banditshigh

Should've seen the puss on her the last time I was over. She came back after a long weekend to find we'd not decorated the spare room but instead had spent most of it drinking beer and playing computer games and had also found time to go into town and buy him a motorbike...

You Sir have just gone up in my esteem Smile Thumbs Up

EDIT: should have rated this post , not the other one, no matter Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
AI generated shitpost blogs.

You search for something and all the searches return huge, wordy and entirely devoid of insughtful content generic bollocks scattered with affiliate links.

Recipes are bad for it. Also ran into a whole lot of it looking for what mask and snorkel to get my Mum for her birthday. It clearly wan't written by a human being, they all have a very similar tone and the content is broadly the same with varying syntax. Like a couple of people wrote stuff on the subject, then an AI has scraped that content but now it's stuck in a cycle scraping content off other AI generated blogs and re-hashing it.

I did a search for "KZ1000 electronic ignition circuit diagram" in case I could "hand roll" a replacement and all I get are poisoned results from .it and .de domains Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 131 of 177