Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Andrew Tate. Who is he?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 25 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Rumour has it he was bragging about how easy it is to bribe Romanian police and the authorities took umbrage.

The police probably thought there's more money in robbing his cars than the pittance he bribes them with and no one would challenge them for it
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 26 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
The pair of them are shit stains on the TAMPON of humanity.

IFTFY. Thumbs Up

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:32 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
He means precisely zero to me.

Same here - although this turn of events has revealed my 15 yr old to be under his influence.

I'll sort him out though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:

Same here - although this turn of events has revealed my 15 yr old to be under his influence.

Basic maths may help to deal with this. He will surely get it.

All anyone needs to do is eat, drink, move and be a decent human being. Anything else is a positive wish - a hope or ambition, and is a matter of probability. How many Bugattis are there in existence, versus how many Tate worshippers, and what are their chances of getting a Bugatti versus ending up in jail for poor life choices and decision-making? Is it more rational to prepare for the worst or hope for the best? That sort of thing. Hope this helps.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 13 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
He means precisely zero to me.

You won't, not quickly.

I've just found out i'm in this fellas supposed key demographic of influence, though having just hit 35 I'd have thought my life direction, choices and morality would have been pretty set, short of sudden radicalisation.

Na one thing I believe is very few of us mere mortals get the opportunity to experience a a social media influencer culture, so we don't get to see the pick & choose your next shag aspect of the culture, and with that we don't get to experience the highs and lows of the entourage.

One thing I do agree with him on, and maybe catches your sons attention is the womens worth perception today; in that LOTS of young women believe having 100k followers in insta or tiktok and being gifted whatever glam is freshest gives them the social authority to bring nothing to the table in a relationship besides free weekend breaks and free nights at new clubs in trendy end London.
There's various podcasts where non-famous guys ask groups of girls what they want, expect, rate themselves.. then compare that to their ideal partner and the expectation difference is often staggering; unachievably staggering. I see Tate calling alot of that for what it is and he's the only prominent guy doing it.

Having 100k insta followers as your credit isn't substance to me, it's a red flag. An ex of mine, who's a recovering anorexic used social media to do all the influencer stuff as best she could and while I was proud of her journey, her determination and success, the glossy social media life wasn't what we lived or she lived, many decisions of life hinged on how it looked online and what reaction instagram would get, the need for validation is mind bending, and for me there's a strong comparison to OnlyFans, once the girl puts that phone down and that audience isn't engaging with her, once she's driving to work at Urban Outfitters to do a 4hr shift, her normal life isn't benefitted by the follow count. What good is it?

Tate poorly argues this end of the conversation in a way I haven't seen anyone else manage, and actually get young lads to realise that a girl looking like a page 3 girl on the instagram feed needs to bring more to a relationship than "gifted by BooHoo.com".
I don't like the guy but he's been honest on that subject where others ignore the effect.

Does that make any sense?

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:40 - 13 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:

Tate poorly argues this end of the conversation in a way I haven't seen anyone else manage, and actually get young lads to realise that a girl looking like a page 3 girl on the instagram feed needs to bring more to a relationship than "gifted by BooHoo.com".
I don't like the guy but he's been honest on that subject where others ignore the effect.

Thing is, this isn't new and it is a lesson almost everyone learns, it is called growing up. What Tate does is explicitly for the purpose of making himself money. Like a lot of these online personalities, they latch onto some aspect of life that people can relate to, push it to extremes and convince people to pay them or get enough viewers to get some form of sponsorship.

The fact that he says some things that are correct and people relate to, is exactly why these sorts of people are so successful (financially, at least short term). He is a master manipulator, just like so many before and many to come. Most people can see through the BS though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:54 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:

In a shallow sort of way yes. Not you but the topic in general. Just appears bereft of any substance. I know its of no use telling teenagers not to listen to some rando internet guy. My boy is now being 'influenced' by a body builder youtuber and is going to the gym every single day. Healthy to a point sure but everything has its limits.

He's a good kid though and doing well for himself - a much better 15 year old than I ever was! Must be his mothers influence Smile

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
st3v3 wrote:

Thing is, this isn't new and it is a lesson almost everyone learns, it is called growing up. What Tate does is explicitly for the purpose of making himself money. Like a lot of these online personalities, they latch onto some aspect of life that people can relate to, push it to extremes and convince people to pay them or get enough viewers to get some form of sponsorship.

The fact that he says some things that are correct and people relate to, is exactly why these sorts of people are so successful (financially, at least short term). He is a master manipulator, just like so many before and many to come. Most people can see through the BS though.

But it is new.
When I were a kid, 18, 20, hell even 25 none of this culture today was at your fingertips, you had to go out into town, hit the pubs and clubs, meet people. When you met an Andrew Tate in a pub you called him an idiot, laughed at him and walked away. Now though, doing that online stirs more attention, it is new, the audience is in the millions who aren't emotionally connected, rather than a dozen people physically witness to a 30 second scene.

Nobody posted a picture on an app for likes or money subscriptions. Doing that wasn't possible until after Facebook monetised Instagram, then it was compounded by OnlyFans.

He is a master manipulator but he's doing it at a level where guys his age weren't brought up to broadcast themselves, the sensible and smart and valuable influences aren't posting videos to capture an audience.
I hope I'm wrong actually.. who does?

I don't think it's all about money either, he's an attention whore and can't resist getting onstage to have a row with Piers Morgan.

This guy does it the right way https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJQsQXG5/

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:27 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
When you met an Andrew Tate in a pub you called him an idiot, laughed at him and walked away.

I think it is probably similar now, but online the very small % who get drawn in are a larger absolute number.

People still got tricked by conmen before tinternet.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:43 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
My boy is now being 'influenced' by a body builder youtuber and is going to the gym every single day.

Lets go Anatoly? https://www.youtube.com/@vladimirfitness/videos

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:18 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
When you met an Andrew Tate in a pub you called him an idiot, laughed at him and walked away.

If you were lucky you'd walk away. 76 wins, 9 losses 23 KO's against other world class fighters not random people
giving it large in a pub. I'm not a fanboi or anything but I know something of his history and he's definitely got some
X factor.

Not to mention the discipline it takes to be a top fighter, never mind a multiple world champion. Tate earned his
first world title in 2011 as he won the ISKA World Full-Contact Heavyweight belt. Two years later, he became
the ISKA Full-Contact light Cruiserweight champ in 2013. In the following year, Andrew became the Enfusion
World Champion.

I'm just saying, but what have you or any of us for that matter been the best in the world at? I can think of far worse
people I'd want my kids to see as a role model than a bloke who was a world class kickboxer turned entrepreneur and
now multi millionaire. Personally I think he's earned the right to be a bit gobby. A 6 foot 3 trained fighter would
make mincemeat out of most people in a 1 on 1 physical conflict, he's a bit more than an outspoken arsehole.

For instance The self discipline and balls it takes to do something like this is beyond 99.9% of us
Admittedly on house arrest (for now) but released without charge which everyone's gone a bit quiet about.
If he's got any sense he'll be looking to get out of blatantly corrupt Romania asap and set up shop elsewhere.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:27 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

No, some other poser. Actually, that Anatoly guy sometimes shows up in my own feed. Quite funny I guess... at first. Healthy for boys to see you dont have to be a juiced up meat-head to be strong.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:30 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

If you were lucky you'd walk away. 76 wins, 9 losses 23 KO's against other world class fighters not random people
giving it large in a pub. I'm not a fanboi or anything but I know something of his history and he's definitely got some
X factor.

Not to mention the discipline it takes to be a top fighter, never mind a multiple world champion. Tate earned his
first world title in 2011 as he won the ISKA World Full-Contact Heavyweight belt. Two years later, he became
the ISKA Full-Contact light Cruiserweight champ in 2013. In the following year, Andrew became the Enfusion
World Champion.

I'm just saying, but what have you or any of us for that matter been the best in the world at? I can think of far worse
people I'd want my kids to see as a role model than a bloke who was a world class kickboxer turned entrepreneur and
now multi millionaire. Personally I think he's earned the right to be a bit gobby. A 6 foot 3 trained fighter would
make mincemeat out of most people in a 1 on 1 physical conflict, he's a bit more than an outspoken arsehole.

For instance The self discipline and balls it takes to do something like this is beyond 99.9% of us
Admittedly on house arrest (for now) but released without charge which everyone's gone a bit quiet about.
If he's got any sense he'll be looking to get out of blatantly corrupt Romania asap and set up shop elsewhere.

Pretty sure Steve was talking about his views not his fighting ability. In that - some random guy down the pub starts spouting out such views and it only influences a few people for a brief amount of time. Now social media organises it and sends it down the pipe with bucket-loads of similar shite right into our kids phones.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:37 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree that social media direct into peoples kids phones (and women's for that matter) is one of the great
problems of our age and is a lot to do with why so many kids are wannabee youtubers/influencers/pranksters
and so many women act like they are supermodels. Just because 0.1% can make big bucks doing it most won't. My point
was that this guy isn't just all talk, from his fight record and world titles, to his now estimated £300million net worth sets
him apart from hood rats running up to folk in the street wearing a balaclava and saying "Do you want to die?" or
winding people up in shops for sport. If I had any, I know who I'd rather my kids were looking up to. Even in the nick,
Tate spent all day doing press ups and came out a lot bigger than he went in instead of just sitting there twiddling his
thumbs and feeling sorry for himself.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tate is warping peoples minds in exactly the same way other influencers are.

Women all think they're 10/10 goddesses, pranksters thinking "it's just a prank bro" gives them a free pass, and youngsters thinking brutish, overt misogyny is okay because a millionaire ex fighting champion said so.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:47 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because he's good at fighting doesn't mean he's not a prize prick and should be looked up to.

Tyson was a rapist after all.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
X factor.

World Champion.

Have you listened to this guy speak? Being in the top 0.1% of people that punch/kick each other may be impressive as a statistic but it doesn't mean he should be admired or respected intellectually.

It isn't hard to understand why he moved to Romania in the first place (as he stated it in various podcasts) and now he is facing the consequences.

grr666 wrote:
My point
was that this guy isn't just all talk, from his fight record and world titles, to his now estimated £300million net worth sets
him apart from hood rats running up to folk in the street wearing a balaclava and saying "Do you want to die?" or
winding people up in shops for sport. If I had any, I know who I'd rather my kids were looking up to. Even in the nick,
Tate spent all day doing press ups and came out a lot bigger than he went in instead of just sitting there twiddling his
thumbs and feeling sorry for himself.

It is a possibility to not look up to hood rats AND multimillionaire cunts btw.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth be told, he doesn't give a fuck what you or I think, which I reckon is a large part of the appeal. I'm not going
to expand on my own opinions about what he stands for to spend all afternoon arguing with the usual suspects.
Believe what you want to. I hope those of you with "sons" find Dylan Mulvaney a more appropriate role model... Rolling Eyes

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a complete wankstain though.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:40 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
Hes got to stubby the bastard`s attention. We should not let little stubby watch any more Tate.

Stubby`s try to tell me hes a alpha male now. Laughing Laughing Laughing

You really didn't realise I was taking the piss?

Now, stop polluting threads with your childish, pathetic, completely pedictable and un-original attempts at insults.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:59 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:

I just a modern take on the pyramid and cult scam. and it far more profitable and less aggro that slapping HO`s around.

His other hobby, some would say.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7