Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 17 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

just pick up Cyberpunk 2077 on the Xbox for £9.60.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 20 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a go at Immortals Fenix rising as part of Xbox rewards and found myself enjoying it a lot more than i was expecting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 20:12 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm losing the gaming bug.

I can't find anything that holds my attention for long. I bought Battlefield 2042 on release and got bored quickly.

Dying Light 2... bored.
Call Of Duty MW 2... bored.

Bought a HP Reverb G2 VR headset... bored.

About to buy Ghosts of Tushima on PS5? (hardly used the PS5)... probably last about 3 hours.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghosts of Tushima was free to play on ps+ last time i was on there.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:16 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Ghosts of Tushima was free to play on ps+ last time i was on there.

I downloaded yesterday. It hasn't kept me entertained at all.

High on life is a bit of fun.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt get into it either.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Probably couldn't say "set in the Rick & Morty universe" for legal reasons but it pretty much is Smile

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:56 - 23 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Probably couldn't say "set in the Rick & Morty universe" for legal reasons but it pretty much is Smile

Never seen Rick and Morty, but I have heard its quite similar Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be all alternative hipster bollocks but I've often found a non multilayer puzzle game tends to kick start my gaming interest when all is lost.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:33 - 25 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Not trying to be all alternative hipster bollocks but I've often found a non multilayer puzzle game tends to kick start my gaming interest when all is lost.

Have you tried "The Room" series?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 25 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
recman wrote:

Have you tried "The Room" series?

I have not. I shall investigate.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 25 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna start a new thread for it but Death Stranding Director's Cut is free until 4pm tomorrow (boxing day): https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding-directors-cut

So looks like Epic changed their mind and it's just the regular edition that's free now: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

I managed to claim the DC when it went live earlier.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 28 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prodeus on PC Game Pass.

Really enjoying it, basically a copy of DOOM but it's absolutely glorious with the way blood spatters everywhere and the mix of sprites and 3D. I'd whack the difficulty up though if you're even remotely capable in FPS's as otherwise it's just too easy.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 31 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Callisto protocol (PS5) - 8/10

I just finished the game and it was a very well made audiovisual experience. The game was made by a co-creator of the Dead space series and you can tell right away, which isn't a bad thing. The game mechanics are similar, but the close combat system is brand new with a very steep learning curve. Once you learn the the patterns you won't have much trouble beating the game, although I've spent 45% of the game time stuck on the last two bosses. I played it on the Maximum security difficulty with no aids and I enjoyed the challenge, but a lot of frustration was also involved. The game difficulty was very unbalanced.

Anyway, the story was kind of generic, but alright for such game. There were many good plot twists. The game also ran flawlessly on the PS5, locked 30fps with the highest possible visual quality. The soundtrack was also nicely done.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:23 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over Christmas I got a deal on Far Cry 5, and I bought 2 of the 3 DLCs, Lost on Mars and Hours of Darkness. I didn't want the Zombie one as I'm not big into zombies.

Far Cry 5 is excellent but it's got a depressing atmosphere, a sort of oppressive elephant in the room. You know a twist is coming, and then it hits. It does come as something of a relief that the feeling you've had throughout the game is borne out. It's amazing the creators of this game managed to get that in there. They also got rid of the whole "You need to hunt animals to get more than 1 or 2 weapons" thing from the previous games, along with the limits on inventory that mean you have to spend hours dropping individual leaves you've picked up in order to free up inventory slots. It works so much better IMO.

DLC wise, bit of a mixed bag. Lost On Mars is VERY samey all the way through. The weapons are just different types of lasers, some more powerful than others. The enemies have basically 3 types, with greeny grey ones being the weaker ones, and the red ones being stronger. I enjoyed it, but it did feel like a slog towards the end. The ending is also massively telegraphed, and I'm not sure it really fits into the Far Cry universe.

Hours of Darkness is similar to the above considering it's very samey, the landscape is all of one type, the enemies are supposed to be vietnamese but some look like re-clothed cultists from the main game and the weapons are a cut down set of weapons from the main game. It doesn't matter. It's flawed, it feels rushed, but it's so much fun. Forcing you into stealth without really overtly saying so, it takes my gameplay style from the main game and amps it up. Some people who like to get up close or go in blasting would probably hate it, but when you hit that last sniper shot from way outside the bounds of an NVA base, and you get that notification you've taken control of it, it's very special. You also have VC tunnels which are unrealistically large in nature, but it obviously has to fit in with the mechanics of the game engine, and are great fun to clear out like a tunnel rat. I reckon I might complete it and then start over from the beginning. Knowing now what I do, I reckon I could do an even better job of rescuing my squad, finding the collectibles and achieving the mission objectives. I can see why loads of people would say it's a waste of money, but I adore it. With the added benefit of a possible happier ending that I have yet to see. I'm right on the last mission though, so we'll find out, probably tonight.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternating between Skyrim, Guild Wars 2 and Rimworld. Just marking time till Hogwarts Legacy comes out Smile

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Alternating between Skyrim, Guild Wars 2 and Rimworld. Just marking time till Hogwarts Legacy comes out Smile

have you played Witcher 3?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
have you played Witcher 3?

Several times. I end up with quest overload, too many lower than my level and I end up burnt out. I'll get round to finishing it at some point.

GTA took me two goes, still not finished RDR2 either.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt get into the gta games and wasnt overly taken with rdr2 either.
currently on Cyberpunk 2077 which has been fun so far.
a game featuring Keano Reeves, how cool is that Very Happy

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:47 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read back on the thread I managed to complete Cyberpunk 2077. I'll reiterate: surprisingly the plot doesn't just fizzle out at the end half written which happens with a load of films and games. Effort was sustained from start to finish.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axiom Verge 2 was in amongst last months ps+ offerings.
I'm stuck. Going round in circles. Doing my nut in.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 10 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone playing Hogwarts Legacy?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 10 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting good reviews. too pricey for me though. i wont pay over £15 for a game.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:39 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering buying it then I remembered the Cyberpunk 2077 launch Shocked

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:49 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been no-lifeing Fallout 4 for the last few weeks. Just about to hit level 70 with my character. Been smashing the extra
DLC stuff too as I bought the season pass a fortnight ago.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 56 of 64