SCAM, KAWASAKI ZX6 636 FALSELY ADVERTISED, £200 STOLEN

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Looking closer at the photos (assuming they were taken recently), its not even the same bike in both photos, taken in 2 totally different locations

Different driveway, one is block paved, the other is gravel
Crash bungs in 2 of the photos, none in the other
Sticker down the fork leg on one, not in the others
Sticker under the screen on front fairing, not on the other
Black hugger on one, green on the other

The only option is to persue this with your bank, you won't be getting anything back from the seller

The screens look different to me too
The block driveway bike had a dark tint, the other doesnt look tinted at all

Hope the dirt bag is named, shamed and prosecuted

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:27 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh we're best off just using them for sport until they give up on trying to use that particular account for the scam as having hundreds of people asking if the bike is available and then calling them a dirty scammer is bad for the business model.

Speaking of which, who's having the next go at asking about it?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:33 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: SCAM, KAWASAKI ZX6 636 FALSELY ADVERTISED, £200 STOLEN Reply with quote

supra3turbo wrote:
my dad sent a £200 deposit

How did he send it?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:57 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Evri.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH there isn't a single 636 on eBay less than 2 grand. The price alone should have been ringing alarm bells.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

im wanting to know why an 83 year old is after a 636 Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:48 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
im wanting to know why an 83 year old is after a 636 Shocked

And why the fuck not?

The scammer turned out to be a scammer when I tested it out.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:19 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP got his dad to pay the scammer?

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Im back now sorry, stayed over at a friends house so i could get to work easier, had a job of 1500 m6x30 cap heads to thread.

Wow, im staggered, i feel like such a pillock i cant believe i didnt think and put 2 and 2 together.... why didnt i see it, i fell for the "ill send the deposit back no problem" shite...

MARK DUCE
23-03-63
0070 3607

what a name, what a fuck up i am, "the bike is at my daughters boyfriends house in the garage" thats why i believed mark duce... but clearly, im a mornon....

Fuck sake, could everyone message him on the ad saying "return the £200 deposit to Mr Hardisty you hve 24 hours, we have your real address and the police have been informed"

something like that, i cant belive ive fallen for that Sad

Thanks all for your help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to verify, I spoke with the guy, messaged him on facebook, and after him saying hes more than happy to send the deposit back my dad sent me the money for me to send as a deposit. So i sent over the £200, the next day he said his wife had been rushed into hospital and would send the deposit back if i couldnt go down to see the bike later that day or the following day, so i said no its ok we can come down tomorrow, he said ok first thing tomorrow, i said 10am thats fine, we both agreed.

I lost contact with him that following morning and instantly went down to the house to see the bike...

My dad at 80 sold his CBR1000 fireblade, bought a kawasaki ZX6 2008 model, sold that then suddenly wanted a bike again. He bought a chopper style kawasaki VN900 when he was 75, had it a week and sold it said it was slow, heavy, shocking handling and bought himself a brand new zx10r which was stolen in hattersly just scum bags arent they

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

supra3turbo wrote:
Hi all,

Im back now sorry, stayed over at a friends house so i could get to work easier, had a job of 1500 m6x30 cap heads to thread.

Wow, im staggered, i feel like such a pillock i cant believe i didnt think and put 2 and 2 together.... why didnt i see it, i fell for the "ill send the deposit back no problem" shite...

MARK DUCE
23-03-63
0070 3607

what a name, what a fuck up i am, "the bike is at my daughters boyfriends house in the garage" thats why i believed mark duce... but clearly, im a mornon....

Fuck sake, could everyone message him on the ad saying "return the £200 deposit to Mr Hardisty you hve 24 hours, we have your real address and the police have been informed"

something like that, i cant belive ive fallen for that Sad

Thanks all for your help

The bank itself would have made me not do it

Bank = Prepay Technologies Ltd
Branch = Prepay Technologies Ltd
BIC = None
CHAPS BIC = BARCGB22

Address:

Station Square
1 Gloucester Street
Swindon
SN1 1GW

Country = United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Phone = +44 (0) 845 303 5303

Direct Debits = Yes
Faster Payments = Yes
CHAPS = Yes
C & CCC Payments = No
BACS = Yes

I don't trust anyone who doesn't use any of the mainstream banks.

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt have even known how to check the bank, his facebook accout said he lives in swindon actually and said he worked at halifax bank swindon..... Oh dear this isnt going good, ive got to try and get this £200 back for my dad, hopefully seeing as it was a verified "green tick authorised and recognised" bank account according to barclays hopefully the fraud team will get it back asap

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the name on the add?

Usman Mahmood doing another scam?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

supra3turbo wrote:
I wouldnt have even known how to check the bank, his facebook accout said he lives in swindon actually and said he worked at halifax bank swindon..... Oh dear this isnt going good, ive got to try and get this £200 back for my dad, hopefully seeing as it was a verified "green tick authorised and recognised" bank account according to barclays hopefully the fraud team will get it back asap

When you use your online banking to send the money, it gives you a preview of the bank that you're sending to. Well, at least Santander do because that's who I use.

I sympathise with your position, I really do, but you're unlikely to see the money back. I hope I am wrong though, so keep pursuing it through Barclays.

If I hear a sob-sob story it's an immediate red flag. Think about how many times you've been to a hospital in the last 5 years and then think about how coincidental it is that he had to go there on that day in particular as his wife was rushed in.

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like such a fucking moron, i was so desperate to get my dad a bike and i fell for that shit... feel so bad, my poor dad, he keeps saying "its ok pal, we will sort it im sure" absolutely point blank refuses for me to send him the money out of my money because he knows i dont have alot of money, ah dear what a shame.

always been into bikes, hes been ridinng since 1956 haha

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

supra3turbo wrote:
I wouldnt have even known how to check the bank,

https://newseventsinsights.wearepay.uk/sort-code-checker/

There's a few other sites you can use too (just search for "sort code lookup")

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

If I hear a sob-sob story it's an immediate red flag. Think about how many times you've been to a hospital in the last 5 years and then think about how coincidental it is that he had to go there on that day in particular as his wife was rushed in.

And that he has enough time to send messages to some random person interested in buying a bike, but not enough time to log onto the bank and refund the money..

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

Thank you for all your help and support, my dad got the full £200 back, the bank came through for once!

Thanks again - Joe

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:15 - 31 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent news

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 31 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

supra3turbo wrote:
Thank you for all your help and support, my dad got the full £200 back, the bank came through for once!

Thanks again - Joe

Thumbs Up

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 07 Feb 2023    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

supra3turbo wrote:

Thanks again - Joe

Nice one! For once I am really happy to eat my words well done to you and your dad!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:41 - 14 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanSmith7 wrote:
This is really the bad scene. You must have to report this. I hope there is another solution.

Someone should really tell the creator of this bot that it doesn't pass the Turing test.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 14 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m sorry, Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 16 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every cnut has the right to bare arms in the IS and scammer be working their tricks there for years.
When there's a risk of being shooted in the fukin face for scamming someone, one would believe its not as rife in the US.
It's a human condition. Shooting would help.

Try the banks as advised. Problem getting the money back if its been lifted.
But police report and banking search is a good place to start.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 17 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Every cnut has the right to bare arms in the IS and scammer be working their tricks there for years.
When there's a risk of being shooted in the fukin face for scamming someone, one would believe its not as rife in the US.
It's a human condition. Shooting would help.

Try the banks as advised. Problem getting the money back if its been lifted.
But police report and banking search is a good place to start.

The bank already reversed the transaction lol this thread was done and buried till the bot brought it back up Laughing

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pulled at my heart strings and was about to suggest setting up a go fund me page. I'm sure between the contributors in this thread we could have raised £200 no problem!

So glad to get to the end and learn you got your dad's money back!

Seems like a fairly unsophisticated scam. This could genuinely be some fcuking lowlife fukwit benefit scrounger in the UK somewhere. Probably low intelligence and uneducated. Unfortunately it works. Sometimes the most unsophisticated scams can be the most effective. But they're not going to make a fortune. Not like the call centres in Asia that make millions. This sounds like some scumrat desperate to raise enough cash for his next fix. They're unlikely to get away with it indefinitely.

As others have said this is one of those prepayment debit card banks. VERY common with scammers! I've been tried to be scammed so many times but looking up the sort code is a dead giveaway. They'll give a bank account to anyone. It's amazing they get away with dishing out these bank accounts left right and centre without any meaningful checks. Surely the FCA should take issue with this practice? These banks are almost solely used by scammers and illegal immigrants because mainstream banks won't issue them with an account. It really shouldn't be that hard to close down this practice.

I can guarantee your bank has taken the hit on this. And while the end result is still the same, and not that I have any sympathy for your bank, it's slightly disappointing that the money wasn't actually recovered from the scammer and instead someone else (i.e. the bank) has ended up footing the bill.

Please keep us posted on your dad's next bike! He sounds awesome!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2