Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:53 - 06 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Anyone want to buy a new, unopened Western Digital 256GB SSD M.2 2230 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 ?

Nope but that's what the Steam Deck uses. Mention Steam Deck in the listing and you should have no problem selling it, as lots of people buy the 64GB eMMc model to upgrade, as Valve want over £100 more for each step up (256GB/512GB).

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 06 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Anyone want to buy a new, unopened Western Digital 256GB SSD M.2 2230 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 ?

You can get USB3 to M.2 adapters, e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385213365853

Be much easier to desolder a USB connector than solder a surface-mount M.2 connector so might work for your Plan B idea.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 06 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to my local car wash wallahs earlier only to discover that even though I had twenty quids in my pocket, it wasn't enough for a wash, dry and an hoovering etc.
Good job I could see the new prices from the back of the queue as I promptly selected the reverse gear and fooked right off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 07 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jag is into the workshop for an A service and MOT, should be about £250.

But, maybe a couple of tyres and worn bushes up front think I'm not going to get much change from £800.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 17:23 - 07 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiling a floor ... what a feckin nightmare (partly due to my current health issues)... everything keeps moving about ... first and last time I'll be doing this Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 10 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’d think that manufacturers of ‘ready meals’ would have figured out a way to make them presentable on a plate, like the label shows.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 10 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

the M4.
had the misfortune of having to travel to Bristol today (Filton).
got stuck in queues on the motorway for some time. Sad

took the scenic route back home, far less stressful.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:31 - 10 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Went to my local car wash wallahs earlier only to discover that even though I had twenty quids in my pocket, it wasn't enough for a wash, dry and an hoovering etc.
Good job I could see the new prices from the back of the queue as I promptly selected the reverse gear and fooked right off.

Slavery is expensive these days!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 10 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two days running, driving North up the two-lane A1(M) through Hertfordshire in the car, I encountered drivers who continually dabbed their brakes for no reason. Wednesday night it was some duffer who found himself in the outside (of two) lanes who wouldn’t crack on for miles, wouldn’t move left and seemed certain that 61 mph would result in jail. The plug of traffic which formed behind was bloody dangerous. Thursday night and it’s sometime else in the right hand lane who dabbed his brakes religiously for one second every ten seconds, I could hardly believe it. I’d slay them all.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 10 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hooked up the mighty Hyosung GT250R to the battery trickle charger today.
Only to discover this evening that I hadn’t switched it on at the plug socket Doh! Brick Wall Embarassed .
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 10 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

shitroen due in for an MOT

the day before her indoors get the drivers mirror took off by god knows who parked outside the hairdressers

get a puncture too big to plug in my new dunlop mutant on the fazer daily, £172 for a new one so its having a tube in

shitroen fails MOT on driver mirror being missing and a wheel bearing, bearing is in the disc, discs come as a pair with pads and ABS rings, brake hoses die in the process and need upgrading to the new type which can be split as they're a known issue £299

mirror needs the whole door card removing, and the speaker which is pop rivetted on, totals £125

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Organised two weeks ago to take my Dad out for the day today, he was looking forward to it. Now he is no longer with us today is a bit of a downer.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for your loss Skudd.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:40 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
You’d think that manufacturers of ‘ready meals’ would have figured out a way to make them presentable on a plate, like the label shows.

Hand

The ready meal is ready to eat from the plastic tray thing.

fw750x
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:44 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a letter from HMRC Yesterday, It appears i have Not paid enough tax on my earnings this Year . I have to pay HMRC £430 Before April , The letter is not very clear but i assume the £430 will be on Top of my Normal tax on my weekly wage i am employed . So HMRC have told my employer this is His Tax code Or do employers just pick a code and go with it ? This has never happened to me before and have worked in Constant employment since Leaving School in 1972 !!

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 22:42 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Organised two weeks ago to take my Dad out for the day today, he was looking forward to it. Now he is no longer with us today is a bit of a downer.

Sorry to hear about your dad mate ... shit news!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:58 - 12 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catching up with the Lucifer TV series and I wondered what the Cuneiform script says on the pillars in Lucifer's flat. Nothing apparently, not coherent text in either Sumerian, Akkadian or Assyrian.

Most disappointed.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 12 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Catching up with the Lucifer TV series.

i couldnt get into this show. he played the part a bit too camp for my taste.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:45 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

fw750x wrote:
Got a letter from HMRC Yesterday, It appears i have Not paid enough tax on my earnings this Year . I have to pay HMRC £430 Before April , The letter is not very clear but i assume the £430 will be on Top of my Normal tax on my weekly wage i am employed . So HMRC have told my employer this is His Tax code Or do employers just pick a code and go with it ? This has never happened to me before and have worked in Constant employment since Leaving School in 1972 !!

I'd probably check with your work first, they might have made a cock-up if you're on PAYE and have no other sources of income other than your wages. It SHOULD have been deducted at source. Most people are on a basic tax code, it generally only varies if you receive taxable benefits from your work like a company car or non-allowable expenses. They submit a P11D every year showing what these are which the revenue use to calculate your tax code, you should have a copy of your last one.

A common one is if you got a new company vehicle which is taxable at a higher rate and it's not come down through the system yet.

Basic tax code is 1257L which means you don't pay tax on the first £12,570 you earn in a year, the rest is taxed according to standard tax brackets. So I'd check what the revenue think your tax code is, check what your employer thinks your tax code is (it'll be on your payslip) and see if they match. If it's lower than 1257 and you're not receiving any work related taxable benefits, you need to find out what's going on. If it has a letter other than L at the end, you need to find out what that's all about. K is bad.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-codes/what-your-tax-code-means

It's odd that they demanded payment, they usually just alter your tax code so you pay it back gradually through the PAYE system over the next tax year.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:41 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A colleague came into work this morning holding a vile contraption somebody had placed on an unlit country lane; basically a 3" length of reinforced pipe with 3" screws sticking out of it in all directions. It was dark grey so pretty much the same colour as the road. Not sure what the target was/is, but it would cause grief to pretty much any road user who came into contact with it.

What possesses people to do this sort of thing? Evil or Very Mad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:33 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
fw750x wrote:

I'd probably check with your work first, they might have made a cock-up if you're on PAYE and have no other sources of income other than your wages. It SHOULD have been deducted at source. Most people are on a basic tax code, it generally only varies if you receive taxable benefits from your work like a company car or non-allowable expenses. They submit a P11D every year showing what these are which the revenue use to calculate your tax code, you should have a copy of your last one.

A common one is if you got a new company vehicle which is taxable at a higher rate and it's not come down through the system yet.

Basic tax code is 1257L which means you don't pay tax on the first £12,570 you earn in a year, the rest is taxed according to standard tax brackets. So I'd check what the revenue think your tax code is, check what your employer thinks your tax code is (it'll be on your payslip) and see if they match. If it's lower than 1257 and you're not receiving any work related taxable benefits, you need to find out what's going on. If it has a letter other than L at the end, you need to find out what that's all about. K is bad.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-codes/what-your-tax-code-means

It's odd that they demanded payment, they usually just alter your tax code so you pay it back gradually through the PAYE system over the next tax year.

What he said. You don't have any other taxable income that you've decleared in a self assessment?

Althought HMRC set tax codes and employers apply them (and most payroll systems get it automatically from the HMRC system, you are still strictly liable if t's wrong so the starting point is to check your tax code on your payroll slip.

Finally, do not ring the phone number on the letter if you decide you want to speak to HMRC, looking it up of the Gov.uk website just in case it's a con.

fw750x
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:54 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkwheel and Nobby Thankyou for the information my last wage was on the Tax code 1263L and my wage due this week it has Changed to 1003L ? The accountant will be in tomorrow So i will be knocking on his door in the morning, The way the letter is worded the £430 has to be paid by april This Year and Not carried onto 2024 . Once again Thank you Cheers Francis

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:29 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The change in tax code implies you were underpaid due to paying excess tax on some other income at some point and now the opposite is the case. The fact you have 'an accountant' implies there is information missing from the story.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 134 of 176