Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dog walker does a Reggie?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 31 Jan 2023    Post subject: Dog walker does a Reggie? Reply with quote

Odd one this, phone left on and dog abandoned..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64450243

Police say:

' ..we do believe that the likelihood is that Nicola has gone missing and this is not a crime inquiry".

Confused

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 31 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder when I first heard it. Whatever has happenned it seems very calculated. Phone left on a bench, swithched on next to the dog. May be she wanted the dog found so did that before throwing herself in the river but if that was the case I'm sure the body would have been discovered quick enough.

I can say truthfully, she's not in my basement. Whistle

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 31 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I did wonder when I first heard it. Whatever has happenned it seems very calculated. Phone left on a bench, swithched on next to the dog. May be she wanted the dog found so did that before throwing herself in the river but if that was the case I'm sure the body would have been discovered quick enough.

Hmm...

Near a river. How's your boat these days?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 31 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most difficult thing to understand is that police statement.

All the clues seem correct for a suspicious event.

Unless the Po-Po have some back story they are corroborating.

Relationship meltdown/another relationship.

They might even be playing their cards close coz they don't want to give any wrong doers a headzup.

Mind you, I would still consider a warrant for a boat search. Thinking

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:32 - 08 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its odd the dog was dry, if she'd fallen in the river wouldn't there have been a high likelihood it would have gone in after her?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:33 - 08 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

We notice you dont mention your boat.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:09 - 08 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

We notice you dont mention your boat.

The first rule of boating is: you do not talk about what happens on the boat. Cool
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:01 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
just seen vido of her other half on Tv

My money is on him doing her in

with her being found in a met cops boot as the eachway bet

If he doesn't have a good alibi he would be in custody by now. Three options really, she fell in and is out to sea, kidnapped or she's run off for a new life as Polerbears cabin girl. More ridiculous but has happened before is her and hubby are scamming and she's hiding in the loft while he writes a book/charges for tabloid interviews etc.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 11 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's in maddieland.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:41 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted my comment as knowing my luck Mr.Plod will take it seriously. Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see an article where in about 1978 a pillion rider had got in river near there after a crash.
They found the rider so weren't looking for him for several hours - the body had gone over the weir then taken out to estuary by tides and not found for months.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
I did see an article where in about 1978 a pillion rider had got in river near there after a crash.
They found the rider so weren't looking for him for several hours - the body had gone over the weir then taken out to estuary by tides and not found for months.

I saw that too, and apparently the river was in spate a few days before Nicola’s disappeared so my assertion that the river wasn’t fast enough to sweep a body away might be wrong.

The police are now saying that “Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months." I’m not sure that helps though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
doggone wrote:

I saw that too, and apparently the river was in spate a few days before Nicola’s disappeared so my assertion that the river wasn’t fast enough to sweep a body away might be wrong.

The police are now saying that “Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months." I’m not sure that helps though.

Why do they need to make that public? If she fell in when pissed then they don't need to shit on the family by making it public.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police obviously felt the need to justify why it was treated so seriously immediately, look at the comments in the other topic if you need an idea as to why.

As soon as they mentioned she was vulnerable etc.. there was always going to be pressure to expand upon it, that was one of the first questions asked at the press conference in fact. I was wondering if the incident referenced earlier in January was a suicide threat or something similar.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:10 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find it so bloody annoying when they never say about so many things but it's ok to say she was an alcoholic.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:28 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
just seen vido of her other half on Tv

My money is on him doing her in

with her being found in a met cops boot as the eachway bet

Keep that to yourself.

We can all speculate.
But it's certainly not fair to start accusations about people close to home.

It's not abnormal for friends relatives to 'know' more than they say but its also not unusual for strangers to be involved.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:41 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free speach? Rolling Eyes

Free speech doesn't mean stupidity has to be tolerated.

Right from the very start, CCTV has shown that he didn't leave their house so anyone going on about how they think he's involved is either just poorly informed or they're deliberately spreading misinformation.

M.C wrote:
I was wondering if the incident referenced earlier in January was a suicide threat or something similar.

I think that's what it would have been along the lines of.

“Sadly, it is clear from speaking to Paul and the family that Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months. This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family.

As a result of those issues, a response car staffed by both police and health professionals attended a report of concern for welfare at Nicola’s home address on 10 January. No one has been arrested in relation to this incident, but it is being investigated.

“It is an unusual step for us to take to go into this level of detail about someone’s private life, but we felt it was important to clarify what we meant when we talked about vulnerabilities to avoid any further speculation or misinterpretation."

At some point we can expect to hear whether she was under the care of the mental health services. At some point we might hear about how prescription drugs she was meant to be taking didn't necessarily mix too well with alcohol.

She was considered high risk due to 'a number of specific vulnerabilities' and we've only heard about one of those vulnerabilities so far.

It's a shame the police felt they were unable to tell the underwater search sonar people that she might have jumped rather than slipped.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I just find it so bloody annoying when they never say about so many things but it's ok to say she was an alcoholic.

Why's it not ok? As someone with an alcoholic parent the secrecy was one of the worst parts.

I actually got a bit angry earlier after hearing on the radio people asking "why do they have to tarnish her local reputation". That's such a bullshit British attitude.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the other thread, I alluded to him having a bit of a dead behind the eyes look. If he's been babysitting an alcoholic
whilst trying to conceal that from their kids it does explain why. Maybe that look is because he knew that one day it would
get the better of her and she'd do something less easy to explain away with 'Mummys just tired...' Speculation of course,
but he'll have been in the epicentre of her booze related antics and know a whole lot more about them than you'll ever read in
the press. I guarantee you he didn't sign up for a life with an unpredictable alcohol soaked missus. It's so easy for booze
to creep up on you though, it's everywhere and socially accepted a lot more than drugs are. It's part of why I haven't had a
drink this year. I only have to walk for 10 minutes to get my hands on booze from 7 am to 11 pm 6 days a week. I had to
press reset but it's not so easy for everyone to just stop like I did.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following this story pretty closely like most of us, generally because it's been in the press spotlight so much.
It all seemed a bit odd such a 'normal' person had disappeared without trace and without reason, I think that's why so many people jumped on
the bandwagon so quickly.

Now we know more about her state of mind, it's become a lot less mysterious and a lot more likely she may have thrown herself into the river. I'm sure one day we'll find out what happened, I can't help think though that if this information had been made public a lot sooner it would have stopped a lot of the gossiping...

As a side note, I found it amusing the calls for the dog to be taken back to the scene and the husband jump in to see if it had a similar reaction and where it would go - to give an indication what may have happened to her.
If it had happened to me, my 2 dogs might have looked my way for a split second before continuing their search for squirrels and shit to roll in! They'd give nothing away Laughing
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
In the other thread, I alluded to him having a bit of a dead behind the eyes look. If he's been babysitting an alcoholic
whilst trying to conceal that from their kids it does explain why.

I noticed that as well, could well be as the statement alluded to 'real challenges' for him and the family.

grr666 wrote:
It's so easy for booze
to creep up on you though, it's everywhere and socially accepted a lot more than drugs are. It's part of why I haven't had a
drink this year. I only have to walk for 10 minutes to get my hands on booze from 7 am to 11 pm 6 days a week. I had to
press reset but it's not so easy for everyone to just stop like I did.

It's never made sense to me why you can buy booze at 8am in the morning, although when you bring that up with people you normally get a "but I wanna be able to buy it on a Saturday morning for my barbecue" type response Rolling Eyes

Also seeing addict behaviour up close but also in the wider community, many don't stock-pile (booze), so having a constant temptation there is pretty f**ked up for those struggling with addiction.

IMO it's just another symptom of a country that doesn't care about it citizens in the slightest.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

It's never made sense to me why you can buy booze at 8am in the morning, although when you bring that up with people you normally get a "but I wanna be able to buy it on a Saturday morning for my barbecue" type response Rolling Eyes

Also seeing addict behaviour up close but also in the wider community, many don't stock-pile (booze), so having a constant temptation there is pretty f**ked up for those struggling with addiction.

IMO it's just another symptom of a country that doesn't care about it citizens in the slightest.

It has never made sense to you why people who want to buy something should be able to? Really?

Do you propose banning alcohol like other drugs? That works well!

Maybe we should stop selling meat at 8am to avoid offending vegetarians or sugar to stop diabetics being tempted by that sweet sugary goodness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:36 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always makes no sense to me that the same people who complain about restrictive government policy are incredibly authoritarian...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 40 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4