Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Have schools gone mad pt2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:10 - 13 Jan 2023    Post subject: Have schools gone mad pt2 Reply with quote

Step daughter yr7, cme home yesterday saying the whole school was having a 'search'.

What actual rights do they have to search my 11yo daughter (yes I see her that way)?

She hasn't done anything wrong.
Apart from forgetting a rubber, which is a 1hr after school detention. Never fecking happening on my watch. I aint having her walking 14mile home down dark roads at 11yo.

Understand if a pupil is making threeats and stuff. Then they need searching.
But this seems even worse than when I was there.

Teachers made up rules, and screamed at kids to try enforce them.

Am on her Parent/Guardian forn thngy, can I go in on my day off thurs, and tell them to stop being dickheads?

From what I gathered of her, it was to 'ensure safety of the school'.

Already looked up the law about it. And as per usual for this 'academy' they flout the rules and hope a parent just accepts it.

This is while 2 kids a know in the past year have been put in hospital, after getting a kicking outside the school gates. Last one was yesterday, a yr7 got done by 2lads and 3 lasses whilst someone filmed it.
School refuses to do anything about it.

This is N.E Lincs, not a mid city school.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:54 - 13 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should stand as a school governor, then you can directly influence what goes on. They never have enough volunteers anyway so you have a good chance of getting a position. My brother did it at his kids school when he decided they were doing a shit job. Spent a few years lighting rockets up various arses and upsetting the applecart. Among other things, they select the head teacher.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 13 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the Principal and ask what is going on; it's probably not unreasonable to ask someone to turn out their pockets if they suspect something, but if they're physically searching that's a totally different thing. Just ask what happened and what was the driver? It might be something as ridiculous as another pupil suggested your step-daughter/daughter might have had something she shouldn't have, this would probably be enough to instigate a search?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:16 - 13 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: Have schools gone mad pt2 Reply with quote

SpiritMr89 wrote:
Apart from forgetting a rubber, which is a 1hr after school detention.

Huh? Maybe detention for stealing someone else's rubber. Amazing that here in the 21st Century education still adheres to the Prussian Model Sad

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:54 - 13 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change school.

If you do not like it, you can request DfE to intervene, but sadly, welcome to a shit school.

I work with schools, its either your child is the problem, or the school is the problem. I don't want to assume... so I will say its the school and you need to speak to the DfE, not the school.

Check the schools current standing on here
https://www.get-information-schools.service.gov.uk/Search?SelectedTab=Establishments

Find their name, check governance, recent ofsted etc. See if its bad. I don't touch Lincolnshire schools (well we have 1...) but they are both ends of the scale, cause for concern and outstanding, and we get the same amount of problems from each Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:52 - 14 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. wrote:
Change school.

If you do not like it, you can request DfE to intervene, but sadly, welcome to a shit school.

I work with schools, its either your child is the problem, or the school is the problem. I don't want to assume... so I will say its the school and you need to speak to the DfE, not the school.

Check the schools current standing on here
https://www.get-information-schools.service.gov.uk/Search?SelectedTab=Establishments

Find their name, check governance, recent ofsted etc. See if its bad. I don't touch Lincolnshire schools (well we have 1...) but they are both ends of the scale, cause for concern and outstanding, and we get the same amount of problems from each Laughing

If you work with schools. A quick search will tell you, the school, I went too. As taken over all the schools in the area, as an 'academy'.
When they took over the school, they sent all the dickhead teachers, that I had, to there. 'Veteran teachers' bullying little shits more like.

My daughter is the teachers pet. Even av told her to not do it because she will be target bullies. Sweetest lass ever, but no idea what 'big' schoolis like.

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 14 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: Have schools gone mad pt2 Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
SpiritMr89 wrote:
Apart from forgetting a rubber, which is a 1hr after school detention.

Huh? Maybe detention for stealing someone else's rubber. Amazing that here in the 21st Century education still adheres to the Prussian Model Sad

That was the boy.

My wife like me.
So when he got a detention for no 'no plnner signed'. My darling wife phoned up, and said it was her fault. And should she come in for a 'spanking'. The head teacher (my old teacher), tried to shout at her like a student, but recieved a, shall we say less than welcome reply.

The wife is 5'2, and she scares the crap out of most people.

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:57 - 14 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
You should stand as a school governor, then you can directly influence what goes on. They never have enough volunteers anyway so you have a good chance of getting a position. My brother did it at his kids school when he decided they were doing a shit job. Spent a few years lighting rockets up various arses and upsetting the applecart. Among other things, they select the head teacher.

Good idea in thought.
But working 0500-1300 one week then 1400-2300 the next aint practical.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:59 - 14 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiritMr89 wrote:
If you work with schools. A quick search will tell you, the school, I went too. As taken over all the schools in the area, as an 'academy'.

That is the way of schools now, local authorities no longer have curriculum control and funding. This is now granted via multi-academy trusts and academy conversion.

What academy trust is it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 22 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tollbar.

They'll happily let a 11yo, wqlk 14mile down dark back roads, for forgetting a rubber.

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:50 - 19 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff posted in threads like this (plus piss-poor work/life balance) is why I spend an inordinate amount of my time trying to get my OH to quit her job as a secondary school head.

Life is short; how I wish she'd just let people deal with the consequences of their bad relationship choices/contraception failures (delete where applicable) themselves.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 242 days between these two posts...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:18 - 19 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parents say strict Spilsby school is breaching human rights

I get the impression that the parents think State schools are some sort of mental health facility or education system. Where the fuck did they get that idea from Laughing
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1