Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Superbike Factory

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 24 Feb 2023    Post subject: Superbike Factory Reply with quote

There a new bike shop opening tomorrow just round the corner from me. It's part of the Superbike Factory chain or franchise or whatever it is.

I told wifey I would be going tomorrow when she is off visiting her coven and she is not a happy bunnie. I think she expects me to come home with something. I pleaded the 5th. Whistle

https://superbikefactory.co.uk/

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 24 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's within striking distance for me.

Just had a conversation with a friend who visited the place this very morning who says that the bikes there are very expensive and not very well prepped, if at all.
He does however, say its worth a look if only for the sheer number of bikes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 24 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only Graftons left in MK (and they are tiny) as far as I know so this will at least be somewhere to go and have a drool over bikes instead of going to Woburn Triumph.

Wasn't there a Superbike Factory branch in Market Harbrough that went bust with some funny shinannigans by the owner or was that a different company.

Last edited by Polarbear on 23:14 - 24 Feb 2023; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:13 - 24 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain, who was on this forum bought a 2017 (I think) street triple, was tidy but listed at high price and fully serviced...

It's not been serviced, the oil filter was 4+ yrs old.

Was tempted by a busa there, asked for some history as it had a different heel plate on one side, they sent me photos and the fact they listed it as clean, fully serviced and ready to go, but the chain was dire and the up close shots of the bike showed nasty rounded heads and some nuts that looked so crusty, thought best to avoid.

Reppyboyo
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:35 - 25 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen from photos (yet to visit) the bikes look barely prepped for sale. Most still showing mud and road grime still on them.

Certainly a place you would need to go view with eyes wide open.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:01 - 25 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd find somewhere else to buy from.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=318819
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=333722
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=328132
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4786226
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=326354

Obviously there will be good and bad stories about all dealers but unless the price is amazing and the bike is eleventy five times better than the clueless sales person knows, there'll be better bikes out there for your buying pleasure.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:29 - 26 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'c had two bikes from them without any issues and reasonably priced.
They basically buy up bikes of a certain age/mileage and flip them. They get a once over, a clean and if anything obvious needs doing sort that out. My bikes just got new batteries. Yes you do need to be selective, you do need to check the bikes over, there are some lemons in there, but on the whole they are ok. Your basic high turn over bike shop.

I'd use them again if they had the bike I wanted at the price that was ok to me.

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:17 - 27 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to visit, basically spend a while browsing bikes, but if your in the market to actually buy, dont buy online you need to go look, some of the bikes in there are good, some good value etc, but others are rough

wife got her bike from a SBF and its been fine for years, was good price too

they source their stock from we buy any bike and all the other iterations that are actually the same company and part of SBF

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 27 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my current ride from there last year (second one I've bought from them). It's very local to me, and they had the specific bike I wanted, for a good price. Was able to test ride it. The sales staff are awful and mostly pretty disinterested and I really had to push to get them off their arses to get the sale done. Eg, they couldn't find the service history, because it hadn't originally been scanned in by a grunt for the online listing, which meant someone had to trawl through a crate of paperwork to find it. Which was apparently a Very Big Deal - I was literally telling them "show me the service info and if it's in order I'll buy it, otherwise I'm walking away." Later, I was promised a new battery as part of my deal, as the old one had been left discharged and needed a jump for the test ride. When I arrived to collect (buy) the bike, I made a point of bringing with me the necessary tools to remove the side panel to check the battery had been changed, and a backpack in which I could carry the brand new boxed battery which they duly handed to me after I'd shown them that, as I suspected, the battery had not been changed...

The previous bike I bought from them a few years ago was absolutely fine.

Also worth pointing out that their trade-in prices are absolutely shocking. I ended up selling my old bike to a franchised dealership who offered me a price unseen over the phone, and came and collected it, for a large wedge more than SBP were offering. THAT bad.

Finally, I'd say that it's true that you'll find a lot of bad feedback about them online, but you need to remember that they are an absolutely massive operation, with almost all their sales are done online. I expect the vast majority of punters are perfectly happy, but silent.

Tyke_
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:05 - 01 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a bike over the phone from a bike factory but not sbf, i used completely motorbikes (hinckley branch). all told the bike is decent, the description they gave me was accurate, was about average price for a dealer. came with new mot and service. no admin fee and free delivery. i noticed when they picked up my bike in p/x they didn't look over it at all really, just glanced at it and said it was in "excellent condition", which it was, but strange how they never properly looked over it. maybe i have a trustable face Smile (doubt)

jeremyr62
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:41 - 01 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling you a bike is secondary to selling you finance in my experience. I have been to the Macclesfield shop a few times. They have tons of stock but as far as I can tell they do the bare minimum to them. Most look to be in the condition they were traded in, which for the majority, doesn't say much about the previous owners. But their business model seems to work for them..

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 01 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyke_ wrote:
I've just bought a bike over the phone

so what have you bought?

Tyke_
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:17 - 04 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Tyke_ wrote:
I've just bought a bike over the phone

so what have you bought?

2018 ducati panigale V4. the bike i p/x'd in for 4k is now up for 5295.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:28 - 04 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyke_ wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

so what have you bought?

2018 ducati panigale V4. the bike i p/x'd in for 4k is now up for 5295.

TBF that isn't a huge mark up considering they have to make their 2 pennyworth. Also some people are willing to pay a premium for a shop bike, the ability to test ride and so called peace of mind etc.

What bike was it out of curiosity, and what was it's value in the private market?

Tyke_
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:44 - 05 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

TBF that isn't a huge mark up considering they have to make their 2 pennyworth. Also some people are willing to pay a premium for a shop bike, the ability to test ride and so called peace of mind etc.

What bike was it out of curiosity, and what was it's value in the private market?

It's a kawasaki ninja 400, i'd say private value is around 4.8k. i paid 4.3k for it last april so didn't lose much, i asked for 4k in trade-in and they gave me it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1