Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Recommend me a dash cam?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Easy-X
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:45 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course! There's a dedicated factory aux socket on my XSR700 which I spotted leafing through the service manual. I think it was intended for a USB charger option. It happened to be a 3-pin socket with only 2-pins populated so I went a bit further and added main power (straight to the battery via a fuse) where the blank was so I finished up with ground, aux, power exactly as needed. I'm pretty good with wiring but you don't need to go as far as that of course.

It's a bit easier to find on my XSR as I just pop the regulator panel and there it is. You'll at least need to get the left hand tank panel off but probably better off removing the entire tank. If your kit is anything like mine you'll have way to much wire so you'll be looking for a space under the tank to cable tie it all up anyway.

The MT07 won't be as easy, judging from the service manual, it's item 16:

https://i.imgur.com/BMAxkYp.png

It'll be an unused plug maybe with a blanking plug or rubber bung. Check with a multimeter if you're unsure.

One thing you might need to watch out for is the aux fuse fitted is only 2 amp. That was fine for me but the DV988 requires 1.5 amp (says the website) so keep an eye on it.
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BenR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi that's what I've used. Confused Just I haven't used the white wire as the auxiliary socket turns on/off with the ignition anyway. I was thinking maybe wiring the power & earth directly to the battery then the white wire to the starter relay?
____________________
Current bikes: suzuki RG125UN wolf. Yamaha MT-07
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, to keep it simple wire the black & red to the battery and the white wire to the aux plug but double check 12V is actually appearing from the aux plug when you turn on the ignition with a multimeter.

Personally I wouldn't touch the starter relay, there are plenty of other wires that go live with the ignition key if you're after something in that area, tail light for instance. Again, a multimeter is your friend.
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Aug 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said, needs white wire connecting. Mine works just fine, took longer to route the cables nicely than wire power etc.
____________________
'01 929 Fireblade (Fun) - '98 VFR800 (Commuting)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

evilzed
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:54 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add, I've got 2 DV688 cams on different bikes running fine after 3-4 years, one of them froze once but resetting solved it. As others mentioned it should come on automatically, I've used the rear light and number plate light as the switch to turn the system on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BenR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:32 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Yes, to keep it simple wire the black & red to the battery and the white wire to the aux plug but double check 12V is actually appearing from the aux plug when you turn on the ignition with a multimeter.

Personally I wouldn't touch the starter relay, there are plenty of other wires that go live with the ignition key if you're after something in that area, tail light for instance. Again, a multimeter is your friend.


Thanks for all the help guys. Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bikes: suzuki RG125UN wolf. Yamaha MT-07
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:01 - 16 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I wouldn't want one wired in and recording every single ride. I engage in far too much dickheadery and lawbreaking for that.


That's OK big yin, my dash cam sees everything, 24/7.
Just a matter of time and place init? Razz

No hesitation to upload to Po-Po Camera Action. Laughing
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:07 - 16 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a garmin drive cam thing a few years ago. GPS et Al.
Failed disastrously within an hour of leaving its carton. Prompt to upgrade by connecting online fuked it little mind.
Back in its carton and back to garmin.
I have avoided garmen cameras since.
I've had a dash cam in the car for ten years. Still works well.
For a bike I'd want the same user friendly operation. Forget the hoowur is even there but when required, all the evidence has been recorded.
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BenR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:12 - 18 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update this thread. I took everybody's advice & re-wired the connectors so the live & earth are now wired to the battery with the white wire connected to the live on the auxiliary output port. I can report it now works perfectly, although it takes a while for it to turn off once you kill the ignition. Thanks again for all the help. Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bikes: suzuki RG125UN wolf. Yamaha MT-07
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BenR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:22 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi me again. Embarassed I think I'm doing something wrong? I checked the SD card & for some reason the DVR is recording in one minute intervals & doesn't record the whole ride? Any ideas? Any help much appreciated ta.
____________________
Current bikes: suzuki RG125UN wolf. Yamaha MT-07
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:56 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software issue? Can you do a hard reset and try again? What kind of SD card do you have (has to be one with fast read/write)?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:07 - 20 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are set to loop 1,3,5,10 mins etc, others can be set to continously record everything until the card is full and stop. There may be a setting, or worse case you've bought the wrong cam.
____________________
'81 CG125, '97 FZS600 : '99 CBR600F4, '09 KTM RC8
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DUCAUDI
Formerly known as
TravisBickle



Joined: 17 May 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:15 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my two pence.

Been driving taxis for 17 years now and went through a phase about 5 years ago of fitting dashcams in my taxis due to the increased risk of having issues on the road over your average road user.

Wasn't a tight arse over it like I have seen some fellow taxi drivers doing going for the cheapest one possible, you can get these things for as little as £20 to £30 in some cases simply plugged into the cigarette lighter socket.

Found a YouTube channel called TechMoan https://www.youtube.com/@Techmoan who at the time had some really helpful reviews on dash cams. Went with a few of his recommendations and I think these are aimed at the average road user (couple of hours to and from work / kids to school / bit of shopping) and not continuous 12-hour shifts, 7 days a week.

The units from multiple different manufacturers just kept failing. I went through dozens over the course of a year or two and none of them lasted more than a few months at a time. They were largely unheard of brands, but highly recommended by this TechMoan guy. I wonder if just the continuous usage in typically the hottest part of the car where the sun beats down all day every day took its toll on the relatively inferious internal components.

One of my requirements was to not have some large screen hanging from the windscreen that a customer could yank on, wanted something subtle that would sit neat and tidy at the top of the windscreen small and out of the way. Big screen not necessary. In fact don't need a screen at all. Or buttons. Just sit there and leave it alone to do its thing and in the event of an incident remove the SD card to download the footage.

Anyway got fed up of replacing these pieces of crap after a while and gave up on the whole thing.

A year or so later I got hit, while stationary, by a drunk drug driver who fled the scene. I took chase and followed him into a traveller site, whereupon he denied the incident, then assaulted me, then chased me off with a baseball bat, then took chase on me back in his car again, he upset another road user who decided to join the chase and get involved, which culminated in us all running around being chased by a baseball bat and the guy getting arrested. God did I bloody wish I'd had a dash cam! Worked out in my favour in the end as he was blanking his insurer so after a couple of weeks of trying to contact him, and him ignoring their calls, they had no choice but to admit full liability on the road incident. But it was very worrying in the meantime wondering if I'd get paid out for the damage because of him being drunk and high on drugs I was massively concerned that his insurance wouldn't pay out, or even if he had any and that it was valid and in date.

Following this incident I've splashed the cash and had the flagship Road Angel front and back units fitted to the fleet, they've been in place now for a couple of years and haven't had any issues with any of them whatsoever! They're pretty pricey but it just goes to show you get what you pay for.

I'll add you need to make sure you use an endurance SD card designed for continual loop overwriting! Normal SD card will fail after time. I recommend Samsung Pro Endurance. Also try to go for the largest capacity you can afford and that your dashcam supports. A 128GB card will have been overwritten half as much in a given timescale as a 64GB card, which basically means not only will it store twice as much data but it will last twice as long before it dies!

Anyway I never bothered having anything fitted to my bikes in the past. I've experimented with a Go Pro on the helmet but to be quite honest it's agro making sure it's on the lid every time and charged and turned on. Not to mention it will go flat on a longer ride. It's a chore and has led to me rarely bothering with it. And you can guarantee the one time I have an incident that I need evidence of will be an occasion I didn't bother with it.

I've decided to have a dashcam fitted to the new bike with the intention of using a Go Pro on the lid in addition, when and where I can be bothered and do my best to be bothered as much as possible. Yes a lid mounted Go Pro is probably going to give better footage than a bike mounted dash cam but I'm looking at the dashcam as a backup feature.

I done a lot of research, looked at a lot of cheap and unheard of brands. In the end I've come to the same conclusion as my decision I made on the taxi dashcams - I need a main brand for reliability. While admittedly the bike dashcam won't be subject to the same commercial demands as those fitted in the taxis in terms of continuous use. All my research points towards the Innovv K5 being arguably the best on the market at the moment. So that's what I've gone with. Could probably hardwire it myself but having a BikeTrac fitted on Monday and the fitter also supplies and fits the K5 so gonna get him to do the two jobs together at the same time.

Still got the Go Pro 10 and will try to use that as much as possible as well. But it's nice to have the peace of mind having the bike mounted solution will always be there and working with power etc. without any input from me.

Regarding incriminating one's self. I think the police need a warrant to seize an SD card from a vehicle unless a crime has taken place? Shouldn't be too difficult to make sure it's a one way street and only use the footage that helps you and delete the footage that does not?
____________________
2023 DucAudi Mehrstraße V4 Hechte Gipfel - "Objectively the best motorcycle ever produced" - "You can have any colour, as long as it's red"
2021 Honda CMX500 Rebel S
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question Sick Middle Finger Middle Finger Thumbs Down Pound Coin Praying Doh! Brick Wall Thinking Rain The world's smallest violin player, just for you! Puke Pale
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:24 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

TravisBickle wrote:
Just to add my two pence.

Been driving taxis for 17 years now and went through a phase about 5 years ago of fitting dashcams in my taxis due to the increased risk of having issues on the road over your average road user.

Wasn't a tight arse over it like I have seen some fellow taxi drivers doing going for the cheapest one possible, you can get these things for as little as £20 to £30 in some cases simply plugged into the cigarette lighter socket.

Found a YouTube channel called TechMoan https://www.youtube.com/@Techmoan who at the time had some really helpful reviews on dash cams. Went with a few of his recommendations and I think these are aimed at the average road user (couple of hours to and from work / kids to school / bit of shopping) and not continuous 12-hour shifts, 7 days a week.

The units from multiple different manufacturers just kept failing. I went through dozens over the course of a year or two and none of them lasted more than a few months at a time. They were largely unheard of brands, but highly recommended by this TechMoan guy. I wonder if just the continuous usage in typically the hottest part of the car where the sun beats down all day every day took its toll on the relatively inferious internal components.

One of my requirements was to not have some large screen hanging from the windscreen that a customer could yank on, wanted something subtle that would sit neat and tidy at the top of the windscreen small and out of the way. Big screen not necessary. In fact don't need a screen at all. Or buttons. Just sit there and leave it alone to do its thing and in the event of an incident remove the SD card to download the footage.

Anyway got fed up of replacing these pieces of crap after a while and gave up on the whole thing.

A year or so later I got hit, while stationary, by a drunk drug driver who fled the scene. I took chase and followed him into a traveller site, whereupon he denied the incident, then assaulted me, then chased me off with a baseball bat, then took chase on me back in his car again, he upset another road user who decided to join the chase and get involved, which culminated in us all running around being chased by a baseball bat and the guy getting arrested. God did I bloody wish I'd had a dash cam! Worked out in my favour in the end as he was blanking his insurer so after a couple of weeks of trying to contact him, and him ignoring their calls, they had no choice but to admit full liability on the road incident. But it was very worrying in the meantime wondering if I'd get paid out for the damage because of him being drunk and high on drugs I was massively concerned that his insurance wouldn't pay out, or even if he had any and that it was valid and in date.

Following this incident I've splashed the cash and had the flagship Road Angel front and back units fitted to the fleet, they've been in place now for a couple of years and haven't had any issues with any of them whatsoever! They're pretty pricey but it just goes to show you get what you pay for.

I'll add you need to make sure you use an endurance SD card designed for continual loop overwriting! Normal SD card will fail after time. I recommend Samsung Pro Endurance. Also try to go for the largest capacity you can afford and that your dashcam supports. A 128GB card will have been overwritten half as much in a given timescale as a 64GB card, which basically means not only will it store twice as much data but it will last twice as long before it dies!

Anyway I never bothered having anything fitted to my bikes in the past. I've experimented with a Go Pro on the helmet but to be quite honest it's agro making sure it's on the lid every time and charged and turned on. Not to mention it will go flat on a longer ride. It's a chore and has led to me rarely bothering with it. And you can guarantee the one time I have an incident that I need evidence of will be an occasion I didn't bother with it.

I've decided to have a dashcam fitted to the new bike with the intention of using a Go Pro on the lid in addition, when and where I can be bothered and do my best to be bothered as much as possible. Yes a lid mounted Go Pro is probably going to give better footage than a bike mounted dash cam but I'm looking at the dashcam as a backup feature.

I done a lot of research, looked at a lot of cheap and unheard of brands. In the end I've come to the same conclusion as my decision I made on the taxi dashcams - I need a main brand for reliability. While admittedly the bike dashcam won't be subject to the same commercial demands as those fitted in the taxis in terms of continuous use. All my research points towards the Innovv K5 being arguably the best on the market at the moment. So that's what I've gone with. Could probably hardwire it myself but having a BikeTrac fitted on Monday and the fitter also supplies and fits the K5 so gonna get him to do the two jobs together at the same time.

Still got the Go Pro 10 and will try to use that as much as possible as well. But it's nice to have the peace of mind having the bike mounted solution will always be there and working with power etc. without any input from me.

Regarding incriminating one's self. I think the police need a warrant to seize an SD card from a vehicle unless a crime has taken place? Shouldn't be too difficult to make sure it's a one way street and only use the footage that helps you and delete the footage that does not?


That's more than 2 pence it's about 3 quid's worth in printer ink alone Smile
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:38 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

TravisBickle wrote:
Regarding incriminating one's self. I think the police need a warrant to seize an SD card from a vehicle unless a crime has taken place? Shouldn't be too difficult to make sure it's a one way street and only use the footage that helps you and delete the footage that does not?

My understanding is that they can seize dashcams if they believe there's evidence on it relating to an offence. (Citation unavailable).

If you're going out for a sprinted ride then you could accidentally forget to turn the camera on. Alternatively, it wouldn't be too impossible to set the camera up so that it's recording to a microsd card that's concealed elsewhere so the one in the camera unit itself contains nothing of any interest.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:08 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

TravisBickle wrote:
Just to add my two pence.

Been driving taxis for 17 years now and went through a phase about 5 years ago of fitting dashcams in my taxis due to the increased risk of having issues on the road over your average road user.

Wasn't a tight arse over it like I have seen some fellow taxi drivers doing going for the cheapest one possible, you can get these things for as little as £20 to £30 in some cases simply plugged into the cigarette lighter socket.

Found a YouTube channel called TechMoan https://www.youtube.com/@Techmoan who at the time had some really helpful reviews on dash cams. Went with a few of his recommendations and I think these are aimed at the average road user (couple of hours to and from work / kids to school / bit of shopping) and not continuous 12-hour shifts, 7 days a week.

The units from multiple different manufacturers just kept failing. I went through dozens over the course of a year or two and none of them lasted more than a few months at a time. They were largely unheard of brands, but highly recommended by this TechMoan guy. I wonder if just the continuous usage in typically the hottest part of the car where the sun beats down all day every day took its toll on the relatively inferious internal components.

One of my requirements was to not have some large screen hanging from the windscreen that a customer could yank on, wanted something subtle that would sit neat and tidy at the top of the windscreen small and out of the way. Big screen not necessary. In fact don't need a screen at all. Or buttons. Just sit there and leave it alone to do its thing and in the event of an incident remove the SD card to download the footage.

Anyway got fed up of replacing these pieces of crap after a while and gave up on the whole thing.

A year or so later I got hit, while stationary, by a drunk drug driver who fled the scene. I took chase and followed him into a traveller site, whereupon he denied the incident, then assaulted me, then chased me off with a baseball bat, then took chase on me back in his car again, he upset another road user who decided to join the chase and get involved, which culminated in us all running around being chased by a baseball bat and the guy getting arrested. God did I bloody wish I'd had a dash cam! Worked out in my favour in the end as he was blanking his insurer so after a couple of weeks of trying to contact him, and him ignoring their calls, they had no choice but to admit full liability on the road incident. But it was very worrying in the meantime wondering if I'd get paid out for the damage because of him being drunk and high on drugs I was massively concerned that his insurance wouldn't pay out, or even if he had any and that it was valid and in date.

Following this incident I've splashed the cash and had the flagship Road Angel front and back units fitted to the fleet, they've been in place now for a couple of years and haven't had any issues with any of them whatsoever! They're pretty pricey but it just goes to show you get what you pay for.

I'll add you need to make sure you use an endurance SD card designed for continual loop overwriting! Normal SD card will fail after time. I recommend Samsung Pro Endurance. Also try to go for the largest capacity you can afford and that your dashcam supports. A 128GB card will have been overwritten half as much in a given timescale as a 64GB card, which basically means not only will it store twice as much data but it will last twice as long before it dies!

Anyway I never bothered having anything fitted to my bikes in the past. I've experimented with a Go Pro on the helmet but to be quite honest it's agro making sure it's on the lid every time and charged and turned on. Not to mention it will go flat on a longer ride. It's a chore and has led to me rarely bothering with it. And you can guarantee the one time I have an incident that I need evidence of will be an occasion I didn't bother with it.

I've decided to have a dashcam fitted to the new bike with the intention of using a Go Pro on the lid in addition, when and where I can be bothered and do my best to be bothered as much as possible. Yes a lid mounted Go Pro is probably going to give better footage than a bike mounted dash cam but I'm looking at the dashcam as a backup feature.

I done a lot of research, looked at a lot of cheap and unheard of brands. In the end I've come to the same conclusion as my decision I made on the taxi dashcams - I need a main brand for reliability. While admittedly the bike dashcam won't be subject to the same commercial demands as those fitted in the taxis in terms of continuous use. All my research points towards the Innovv K5 being arguably the best on the market at the moment. So that's what I've gone with. Could probably hardwire it myself but having a BikeTrac fitted on Monday and the fitter also supplies and fits the K5 so gonna get him to do the two jobs together at the same time.

Still got the Go Pro 10 and will try to use that as much as possible as well. But it's nice to have the peace of mind having the bike mounted solution will always be there and working with power etc. without any input from me.

Regarding incriminating one's self. I think the police need a warrant to seize an SD card from a vehicle unless a crime has taken place? Shouldn't be too difficult to make sure it's a one way street and only use the footage that helps you and delete the footage that does not?


You ate Tef and I claim my 2p.
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:46 - 21 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
TravisBickle wrote:
Regarding incriminating one's self. I think the police need a warrant to seize an SD card from a vehicle unless a crime has taken place? Shouldn't be too difficult to make sure it's a one way street and only use the footage that helps you and delete the footage that does not?

My understanding is that they can seize dashcams if they believe there's evidence on it relating to an offence. (Citation unavailable).

If you're going out for a sprinted ride then you could accidentally forget to turn the camera on. Alternatively, it wouldn't be too impossible to set the camera up so that it's recording to a microsd card that's concealed elsewhere so the one in the camera unit itself contains nothing of any interest.


Yes they can and do seize the recording gear of anyone involved in an incident under PACE. Not only that, but if your camera has historical footage of wrong-doings (like you've recorded 20hrs of riding) they can prosecute you for offences that are commited which are nothing to do with the reason the camera was seized.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:50 - 22 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some doubt about whether dashcams can be lawfully seized on the spot by police if they are body-worn.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:04 - 22 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
There is some doubt about whether dashcams can be lawfully seized on the spot by police if they are body-worn.


This is interesting viewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWbwqYZ43E&ab_channel=44Teeth
____________________
'16 GSX-S1000F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DUCAUDI
Formerly known as
TravisBickle



Joined: 17 May 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:54 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:


That was interesting!

There's 6 videos in this series and I've definitely seen at least one of them before.

I just sat and watched all 6. Some of it I already knew, some of it was new to me

It's definitely worth sharing them here, I think.

They're not super long videos and I think most people would benefit from taking the time to watch them.

In order of release:

Legal Hints + Tips: Wheelies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVPeZg4Imqw

Helmet Cameras | Legal Hints + Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWbwqYZ43E&t=25s

The Insurance Industry's Dirty Secret | Legal Hints + Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbHQMD0auzk&t=1s

Is Kneedown Illegal? | Legal Hints + Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzKzSkphHjA&t=1s

What To Tell Your Insurance Company | Legal Hints + Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBa0h3frVdo&t=8s

The Perils of Countryside Riding | Legal Hints + Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtU2ZPFTQJI&t=10s
____________________
2023 DucAudi Mehrstraße V4 Hechte Gipfel - "Objectively the best motorcycle ever produced" - "You can have any colour, as long as it's red"
2021 Honda CMX500 Rebel S
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question Sick Middle Finger Middle Finger Thumbs Down Pound Coin Praying Doh! Brick Wall Thinking Rain The world's smallest violin player, just for you! Puke Pale
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

goonerfromlag
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:52 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Viofo MTI gets good reviews. Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIOFO-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Motorbike-G-Sensor/dp/B087PZ4F1M/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3868OTZ2W21A3&keywords=viofo+mt1&qid=1679539902&sprefix=viofo+mt1%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-2
____________________
RSV1000R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BenR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:55 - 26 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I've found a setting that makes it record in ten minute intervals but still can't find how to make it continuous. I've messaged the seller on eBay just waiting for a response. Cheers for all the ideas. Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bikes: suzuki RG125UN wolf. Yamaha MT-07
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BenR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:58 - 26 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
TravisBickle wrote:
Regarding incriminating one's self. I think the police need a warrant to seize an SD card from a vehicle unless a crime has taken place? Shouldn't be too difficult to make sure it's a one way street and only use the footage that helps you and delete the footage that does not?

My understanding is that they can seize dashcams if they believe there's evidence on it relating to an offence. (Citation unavailable).

If you're going out for a sprinted ride then you could accidentally forget to turn the camera on. Alternatively, it wouldn't be too impossible to set the camera up so that it's recording to a microsd card that's concealed elsewhere so the one in the camera unit itself contains nothing of any interest.


Just pull the SD card or manually turn the DVR off if you know you're going for some hoonage. Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bikes: suzuki RG125UN wolf. Yamaha MT-07
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tyke_
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 07 Apr 2022
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just bought a gopro 3+ silver for £40 off FB plus £5 for an Ebay helmet mount seems ok records about 1hr 30min before the battery dies.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DUCAUDI
Formerly known as
TravisBickle



Joined: 17 May 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Re: Viofo MTI gets good reviews. Reply with quote

goonerfromlag wrote:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIOFO-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Motorbike-G-Sensor/dp/B087PZ4F1M/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3868OTZ2W21A3&keywords=viofo+mt1&qid=1679539902&sprefix=viofo+mt1%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-2


Yeah these seem to be a very good value one. Arguably not as good as the Innovv but a lot cheaper and a very popular in the YouTube reviews.
____________________
2023 DucAudi Mehrstraße V4 Hechte Gipfel - "Objectively the best motorcycle ever produced" - "You can have any colour, as long as it's red"
2021 Honda CMX500 Rebel S
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question Sick Middle Finger Middle Finger Thumbs Down Pound Coin Praying Doh! Brick Wall Thinking Rain The world's smallest violin player, just for you! Puke Pale
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.01 - MySQL Queries: 17 - Page Size: 160.15 Kb