Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know when you're annoyed about something.
But you're not quite sure what it is that you're annoyed about... Thinking
But you're definitely grouchy about something.
And *everything* that happens ... makes it worse.

Yeah, that Brick Wall

And you end up being annoyed about EVERYTHING.
Even if you're actually not.

Fuckit, I'm going back to bed. Rolling Eyes

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hangry?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:58 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
£650 to put 2 coats of brilliant white on a small kitchen (walls only)? That's what you're gonna quote me? No thanks.
Looks like I'll be wasting another weekend doing everything myself.

Yup.

Just got quoted £1200 to paint my hall (gloss and emulsion). Just for doing it, I have to supply the paint.

Well, I reckon I can have the whole job done in 2 days and I sure as fuck don't get paid £600 a day so it looks like I'll do it myself over Easter weekend which is a total waste of perfectly good time off anyway and have a fortnight in the South of France later in the year with the money I save.

I'm clearly in the wrong profession and shouldn't have bothered my arse spending 5 years at university.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Just got quoted £1200 to paint my hall (gloss and emulsion). Just for doing it, I have to supply the paint.

Well, I reckon I can have the whole job done in 2 days and I sure as fuck don't get paid £600 a day so it looks like I'll do it myself over Easter weekend which is a total waste of perfectly good time off anyway and have a fortnight in the South of France later in the year with the money I save.

I'm clearly in the wrong profession and shouldn't have bothered my arse spending 5 years at university.

Where you went wrong was not producing progeny who then train as trades. You need five of them for the set as being a vetrinary you already have one aspect of common living cost bombs covered. So you need a plumber, electrician, joiner, vehicle mechanic and slater. You dont really need a painter decorator but a carpet fitting grandchild could be handy.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:45 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Where you went wrong was not producing progeny who then train as trades. You need five of them for the set as being a vetrinary you already have one aspect of common living cost bombs covered. So you need a plumber, electrician, joiner, vehicle mechanic and slater. You dont really need a painter decorator but a carpet fitting grandchild could be handy.

I somehow feel the overall cost benefit analysis would not support that conclusion.

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:47 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get extremely annoyed with the current cult of Agile at work. "ceremonies"..."user stories"...fucking t-shirt sizes....daily standups...

pls go swivel, things were perfectly fine before you inserted yourself and all your buddies at some sort of middle management layer and started telling us we were all doing our job the wrong way (i.e. not your way, according to ze book...ze book you all carry around with and quote from)

p.s. everything is shit now and takes 10 times longer to do and the end result resembles poop and its not that we're doing agile wrong, its agile that is poop. period.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:
I'm starting to get extremely annoyed with the current cult of Agile at work. "ceremonies"..."user stories"...fucking t-shirt sizes....daily standups...

pls go swivel, things were perfectly fine before you inserted yourself and all your buddies at some sort of middle management layer and started telling us we were all doing our job the wrong way (i.e. not your way, according to ze book...ze book you all carry around with and quote from)

p.s. everything is shit now and takes 10 times longer to do and the end result resembles poop and its not that we're doing agile wrong, its agile that is poop. period.
Just watched the last episode of The Cleaner where every time someone is trying to find a council worker the words, 'he's an agile worker so he's probably at home' was used.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking itchy scalp. It's driving me mad.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:52 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look up what agile was.

Sound like leaving the prisoners in charge of the jail if you ask me.

I know a few software developers personally and I wouldn't trust them to organise themselves into a matching pair of clean socks.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Hangry?

Quite the reverse Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 01 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I know a few software developers personally and I wouldn't trust them to organise themselves into a matching pair of clean socks.

How very dare you! We're not all like that, this is very much a corporate thing. As for Agile "a way of organising how to avoid doing any real work" is my usual description.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:54 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

How very dare you! We're not all like that, this is very much a corporate thing. As for Agile "a way of organising how to avoid doing any real work" is my usual description.

Oh, they'd be very cool socks with an interesting design, maybe even with L and R on them. They'd take sockness to a whole new level with many interesting features and a whole backstory about how the design was arrived at. But equally, they'd be on inside out and quite possibly have a hole in the toe.

I don't get the impression they need special training for how to avoid doing real work, it's kind of hardwired next to the bit of the brain that controls arriving in places on time. By hardwired I mean the ends twisted together and wrapped in tape.

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 07:09 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I know a few software developers personally.

thats the hilarious part there...I'm not a softdev..yeah I do IT but that part of the world doesnt translate to what I do...but here we are, forced to do things the agile way.

Folks that preach agile will tell you it "extends" to all parts of life. Its cool to manage a remote team in Asia and gauge weekly performances and treat them like kids and specify everything to a T, and then generate fortnightly invoices based on deliverables...making a website.

for all other situations, its poop.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:48 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papering over the cracks. "Teams in Asia" are cheap for a reason Neutral

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, Agile as a method for project management is a good idea and has a far more realistic approach to real world demands for flexibility than traditional methods like Prince 2. I'm speaking from experience here as I'm qualified in, and have used both Scrum and Prince 2.

The problem is it's beloved of micromanaging morons and the very worst of the middle management types who totally fail to understand the real principles behind it.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kennys music. The shop used to be an independent and had a great range of instruments and a good atmosphere but sold out to Kennys, great if you want to sp#nk money on the other usual collection of Strats, Teles, LPs and SGs from the main guitar manufacturers but anything more interesting forget it. There used to be several independent musical instrument shops round here with a good range of guitars and other instruments but now it's just Kennys and a small indy shop which simerlarly stocks the usual TelestratLGGS Geeturs. The indy shop is great guys who are trying to do a good job but currently theyre punting some strat style guitars with their own pickup brand installed. I get what they're doing and I guess Strats are the sort of standard of electric guitars so a good model for them to invest in selling but ive never liked any strat ive tried enough to buy one so a non starter for me.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
I'm speaking from experience here as I'm qualified in, and have used both Scrum and Prince 2.

The problem is it's beloved of micromanaging morons and the very worst of the middle management types who totally fail to understand the real principles behind it.

Oh please now bore us with your expertise of which for the next three pages. Rolling Eyes

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Islander wrote:
I'm speaking from experience here as I'm qualified in, and have used both Scrum and Prince 2.

Oh please now bore us with your expertise of which for the next three pages. Rolling Eyes

I'll leave that to you. Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Fucking itchy scalp. It's driving me mad.

You must be scratching your head for solutions. Razz

Dandruff caused by dry skin. Bacterial/Fungus. Over washing the hair, drying out protective oils. Shampoo causing contact dermatitis.

Try not washing your hair and when you do, use a tiny amount of a mild shampoo.

Dowsing the scalp using a 50:50 solution of mouthwash works to combat bacteria causing itch. And most folk have mouthwash in the house.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Why bother when we can leave it to the self appointed expert.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Islander wrote:

Why bother when we can leave it to the self appointed expert.

Exactly. I'll leave it to you. Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Exactly. I'll leave it to you. Laughing

Too late, you took on the contract years ago, you've proved your commitment to complete.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pish. No posts exist.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:43 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes they do

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleFester wrote:
Oh yes they do

Oh no they don't...
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 138 of 176