Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:57 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two I watched recently:

Plane (2023)

May as well have been Gerard Butler plays Gerard Butler in "Plane Has Fallen (out of the sky)" but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The intro mainly explains how annoying air travel is for Americans but once the action starts it's good, wholesome Bad Guys Get Shot. No Oscar nominations for anyone but straightforward entertainment nonetheless.

Shotgun Wedding (2022)

Similarly this is mostly a Jennifer Lopez does Jennifer Lopez vehicle but jeez, at 52 she's definitely doing something way beyond hitting the gym. Phoar!

Ahem, anyway... whereas Plane delivers a straightforward but tasty burger. Shotgun Wedding is just a jumble of ingredients. Is it a rom-com, a farce, an action movie... it's all a bit random without anything to stitch it all together. There are some excellent moments and the supporting cast are okay (except for Lenny Kravitz who could have been replaced with a plank of wood) but overall it's just not very good Sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 26 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched THE LONGEST DAY today, quite an old film about the D Day landings: lots of old faces in it (when they were younger Laughing )

It was actually very interesting and I enjoyed it muchly.

B1N
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:13 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I watched THE LONGEST DAY today, quite an old film about the D Day landings: lots of old faces in it (when they were younger Laughing )

It was actually very interesting and I enjoyed it muchly.

Now you need to follow that up with 'Dunkirk', my daughter watched that with me and she has an aversion to war films, but it does have Harry Styles in it. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/

Plus 'Fury', not really quite historically correct but it's good film with Brad pitt and Shia LaBeouf.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2713180/

Oh and pick up the box set 'Band of brothers'too. Thumbs Up
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185906/

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a Liam Neeson film by mistake.

Name of film not known - 1/10

Ice road truckers. Trucks fall through the ice.

Lawrence Fishbourne must have some tax bills to pay otherwise why would he agree to appear in such gash.

I gave it a score of 1 due to some trucks skidding.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:06 - 28 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Lawrence Fishbourne must have some tax bills to pay otherwise why would he agree to appear in such gash.

God damn, those Taken ripoffs get worse and worse. I thought Unknown was absolutely awful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 28 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the Gentleman last night .... 6/10

Nothing great but nothing bad either, just average and easy to watch.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 28 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Two I watched recently:

Plane (2023)

May as well have been Gerard Butler plays Gerard Butler in "Plane Has Fallen (out of the sky)" but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The intro mainly explains how annoying air travel is for Americans but once the action starts it's good, wholesome Bad Guys Get Shot. No Oscar nominations for anyone but straightforward entertainment nonetheless.

Watched this last night and didn't think it was as good as his other movies but still a decent action film. Wasn't really much to the characters especially the prisoner guy who they just gave some vague backstory and it was really weird how they did nothing with the plane passengers especially since they spent some time at the start building how much of an asshole the one guy was.
6/10

Also watched Hunter Killer a few days ago and that was much better.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:41 - 29 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

I think its called Ice Road.

One of those made for streaming things netflix/amazon pump out.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:00 - 30 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Yep that's the one.

It's what artificial intelligence would create.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eye In The Labyrinth
1972 Italian Giallo murder mystery.

Stars the very foxy Rosemary Dexter as the wife of a missing psychiatrist. She follows a desperately slim clue as to his whereabouts and wierdness ensues. Its very seventies (right down Rosemarys little crochet`d knickers) with stylish direction and a funky little jazz soundtrack.

IMDb: : Eye in the Labyrinth
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067513/

On Amazon prime.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Runner The final cut: Boring out of 10.

Blade runner 2049: Not quite as boring but still boring out of 10.

I decided to binge the 2 movies and I have always struggled to get into the first. Tried several cuts and decided on the final one this time. Still think its over rated, over hyped and awfully boring.

Second one was a little better. but about 2 hours too long! Looked good, but dragged more than a dead body.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:37 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:

I decided to binge the 2 movies and I have always struggled to get into the first. Tried several cuts and decided on the final one this time. Still think its over rated, over hyped and awfully boring.

Second one was a little better. but about 2 hours too long! Looked good, but dragged more than a dead body.

One of my favourites which I have to rewatch every couple of years. I must say I've known very few people who don't like it but then the only pink floyd album i like is Dark side of the moon and everyone else rabes about PF.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:47 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:

Blade Runner is a bit like the 1984 Dune in that it's an 'experiential' movie more than it is a detailed story you can get into. It's got a better story than 1984 Dune, but I can see the slow burn-ness of it annoying people. Either you get it or you don't. Similarly my other half loved The Matrix until the end where she saw it as a cynical attempt to get a sequel and that put her off the whole thing. It's horses for courses.

2049 did an excellent job of being a legacy sequel without relying on nostalgia. I think that Villeneuve is particularly skilled at that kind of thing. Arrival and Dune 2021 are both excellent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Blade Runner is a bit like the 1984 Dune in that it's an 'experiential' movie more than it is a detailed story you can get into. It's got a better story than 1984 Dune, but I can see the slow burn-ness of it annoying people. Either you get it or you don't. Similarly my other half loved The Matrix until the end where she saw it as a cynical attempt to get a sequel and that put her off the whole thing. It's horses for courses.

2049 did an excellent job of being a legacy sequel without relying on nostalgia. I think that Villeneuve is particularly skilled at that kind of thing. Arrival and Dune 2021 are both excellent.

Dune I enjoyed, But I am a big fan of the book, the newer Dune is great and a lot closer to the book but with the scope being so huge theres swathes that just wont convert well. Arrival was a fantastic movie.

2049 actually done a better job and gave a pretty coherent story with a slight twist. I just think for the OG they could have done better. Having the lead protagonist just shut down instead of meet a demise at the hand of Decker was just a let down. Yeah I get the whole plot surrounding the replicant, after more time to "live" but I feel a little deflated when he just ran out of time.

Sorry, spoilers for the one or 2 that may not have seen the movie.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I must say I've known very few people who don't like it but then the only pink floyd album i like is Dark side of the moon and everyone else rabes about PF.

i dont like PF. Neutral

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:07 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only PF I like is the B side of Meddle.

The rest of it sucks cock, especially 'Time' when someone decides it'll be funny to put it on the jukebox when I'm off my tits on mushrooms.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:16 - 04 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piper at the Gates of Dawn is good

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 14 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Max 1 & 2.
ok for what they are, Mel looks about 16 Laughing

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 15 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Mad Max 1 & 2.
ok for what they are, Mel looks about 16 Laughing

Stop there... do not go any further. You'll thank me for it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Thousand Years of Longing

It's got Idris "Hackney Lad" Elba and Tilda "Weird As My Name" Swinton so how bad could it be? TBH it's nothing too complicated but somehow between the stories and the colourful cinematography it beguiles more than you'd expect. I'd recommend watching this on a summer evening sipping a G&T.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:57 - 24 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visually spectacular much like the first one, but at 3 hours plus long it was a little too long and the story pretty much was the same as the first one just folded differently.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 30 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocaine Bear - 4/10

For me the gore was too realistic to find humorous.
It’s a very silly flick and pretty sure the 15-30yr olds will really like it.

Me and Mrs Terror did laugh ourselves silly as she covered her eyes during the graphic scenes whilst I offered dry commentary.

Their Finest- 6/10

Some good acting despite the storyline which was predictable.
Bill Nighy Sam Clafin carry the film which is roughly about a female screenwriter making a propaganda film during WWII.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:51 - 01 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Three Thousand Years of Longing

It's got Idris "Hackney Lad" Elba and Tilda "Weird As My Name" Swinton so how bad could it be? TBH it's nothing too complicated but somehow between the stories and the colourful cinematography it beguiles more than you'd expect. I'd recommend watching this on a summer evening sipping a G&T.

Thank you for that recommendation.
I really enjoyed it. Cool Thumbs Up

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 02 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

4/10. Was kinda disappointing tbh.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves

7/10. Went in not expecting much but it was actually pretty good.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:11 - 03 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre, the latest Guy Ritchie, which has Hugh Grant and Jason Statham. Very daft but good for a giggle. Grant is so much more fun as a scumbag.

Josh Hartnett is a cute treat, driving a very nice Mustang GT, om nom nom nom.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 187 of 194