Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rokform or Quadlock?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:20 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Rokform or Quadlock? Reply with quote

Which do you use? Or none of the above (i.e. an different mounting solution). And was you choice driven by in your opinion the product of your choice being the absolute best product on the market for your specific use case, or the best price / value for money?

I have my own opinions on the matter but am interested to see if they tally with the wider community.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:55 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I either memorise my route or write my directions on a piece of paper before I leave which I put in the clear pocket on top of my tank bag. I put my phone in a lomo waterproof thigh pouch and check if anyone has been trying to get in touch with me when I stop.

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:29 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

very happy with my Quadlock

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using a Quadlock system for about the last 2 years both on the bike and in the car and I'm really happy with it. I use the anti vibration mount on the bike as I was worried about possibly damaging my phone (Note 10+) which it hasn't over the last 4500 miles.

I really like the ease of use, and the rigidity of it once mounted. I use it in combination with RAM Mounts to the bars and it's rock solid. In the car I have the official suction mount, and it's stuck like shit to a warm blanket for the last year or so without even a hint of loosening.

Was a few quid to lay out in the first place, but has been head and shoulders better than anything I'd tried previously.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadlock.

/Thread

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:33 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve got a few knock off quadlock mounts and one real case. The knockoffs are as good as the real thing but loads cheaper.

I’ve used quadlocks on my road (pedal) bikes for years and they’re great. The new mag cases are flat backed too which is good because they don’t leave a mark on your chinos

Reppyboyo
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:41 - 23 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadlock with anti-vibe Thumbs Up

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:01 - 24 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
I use the anti vibration mount on the bike as I was worried about possibly damaging my phone

This is the important bit. If you have OIS on your phone's camera, the vibrations can seriously fubar it over time.

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:49 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither. My mate fabricated a ball mount that bolts onto the top of the RH brake fluid reservoir. This has a cheap Aliexpress spring clip thing pushed onto it, holding a shite sat nav. When this sat nav either falls off or dies from water ingress I will replace it with one of the other units in the bag of them I scored from the charity shop for £5. Four years on, #1 has so far survived several dousings and has yet to fall off, nor have its stone age maps ever got me lost.

My phone, representing an altogether more serious investment of £100, goes in one of the panniers where it can't annoy me with its beeping and bonging and inconsiderate twatters ringing me while I'm trying to get on with the business of enjoying my bike.

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting.

Not one vote for Rokform yet.

I am a Rokform man. Got them on all my bikes and my taxi fleet.

Made the decision to make the investment a few years ago and at the time it looked like the better quality product, albeit more expensive (I think mainly down to Rokform being made of aluminium and Quadlock being made from plastic).

Seems Quadlock have a lot of fans however.

I'd be interested to see in person how Quadlocks latest range of mounts and cases fair in comparison!

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUCAUDI wrote:
my taxi fleet

Didn't realise you were a gangster Laughing got a load of hand car washes opening up too?

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Didn't realise you were a gangster

I am no gangster.

I am the ultimate nega-gangster!

I am THE REAL Travis Bickle!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/af/Travis_Bickle.jpeg

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a new Quadlock user, it performed well with the anti vibe attachment recently on my bicycle on some shitty roads around my way.
I'll be investing in a motorcycle mount soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadlock pro (aluminium) plus anti-vibe plate.
I had to get the one that was all black because I'm a fucking tart, even the release tab is black on mine.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:23 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My phone stays firmly in my pocket when I'm walking, cycling, riding or driving.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:
I’ve got a few knock off quadlock mounts and one real case. The knockoffs are as good as the real thing but loads cheaper.

I’ve used quadlocks on my road (pedal) bikes for years and they’re great. The new mag cases are flat backed too which is good because they don’t leave a mark on your chinos

Just ordered a knock off one, £50 for a bit of plastic and only 1 mount seems like a rip off to me. Not a fan of riding with a phone anyway but would be handy for the few times I get lost and need a satnav.

BenR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an Imestou quick charge 3.0 for Xmas, works very well. £33 on Amazon although there's more than one variant as some models support wireless charging.
Malikamalan This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1