BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Balding

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:45 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it blonde and then it'll be a ringer for no. 1 son.

(apart from the clothing, he's not that fabulous.)

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I know everything in fashion comes back around...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiYDkCHXoAA32JQ.jpg

...gonna be a long wait on this one Laughing

David Coverdale has let himself go...

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been shaving my own head every week or two using clippers without a grade fitting since I was about 19, purely through choice.
I tried growing it out and doing something with it years ago but I really couldn't be arsed with the faff.
It's definitely thinner on top now but it's not receded at all.
I never really thought about hair loss tbh, if I was that concerned I'd be using a blade every other day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:12 - 29 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hair was already receding, but it appeared much thinner on top after I moved to Vietnam. Apparently it happens to a lot of people here so it might be a diet/water quality thing, but I'm certain it's bog standard baldness too.

Spent about a week in a bit of a frenzy, researched all the anti-balding techniques, then found some commentary saying most women don't care at all. Stared at some pictures of Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, The Rock, convinced myself I can just be like those guys, disaster averted, don't care about balding any more.

https://fightfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/The-Rock-Eyebrow.jpg

jeremyr62
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:38 - 30 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two drugs that work (tested and peer reviewed journal type proof). Minoxidil and finasteride. Minoxidil is a topically applied liquid and finasteride is in tablet form. Minoxidil (Regaine/Rogaine whatever) has been around since the late 80s and Finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) since the late 90s.
I was going very thin on top in the late 90s and I started taking finasteride in about 1999. Been taking it ever since and I still have hair.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 30 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremyr62 wrote:
There are two drugs that work (tested and peer reviewed journal type proof). Minoxidil and finasteride. Minoxidil is a topically applied liquid and finasteride is in tablet form. Minoxidil (Regaine/Rogaine whatever) has been around since the late 80s and Finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) since the late 90s.
I was going very thin on top in the late 90s and I started taking finasteride in about 1999. Been taking it ever since and I still have hair.

But you now have awsum tits, a squeaky voice, wear makeup and ladies clothing.

jeremyr62
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:29 - 31 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
jeremyr62 wrote:

But you now have awsum tits, a squeaky voice, wear makeup and ladies clothing.

I wish, ducks.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:44 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremyr62 wrote:

I read that finasteride can give erectile dysfunction, and some very rare cases can be permanent.

Minoxidil is safer, if I remember correctly it just reopens / fixes the part of your hair follicles that keeps them alive.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2