Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

THE SEASON IS OPEN!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:13 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to create reasonable doubt when they have video cameras all round them and are happy to present the video from any camera in court.

As I said, fuckwit.

I wasn't doing 95 over the brow of the hill, I'd slowed down a lot before they got a bead on me.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:40 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it before the brow of the hill. They couldn't get a bead on me because the hill was in the way. I braked like a motherfucker and got caught going over the top of the hill.

How about you go back to spooning the camel.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is if you could screech to a halt, park by the side of the van, nonchalantly remove your number plate, then speed past the front of the van flipping them the bird there's fuck all they can do about it. No number plate, no automated penalty notice. They could forward what video they have to the police but there's slim hope they have the manpower to chase that up.

Nute
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:25 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Nute wrote:
Be careful as plod can now film you from afar -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-65222222

Amazing that the state has the money to spend on fancy kit when apparently there is no money to maintain the roads in a safe condition.

The state of the roads near me are frankly bloody dangerous to anything with 2 wheels.

The council have a proven and robust argument.

They maintain a transport network to relevant standards.

Th Council does not maintain racetracks.

I personally know two people who have broken their necks coming off (pushbikes) after hitting potholes. Both ok now after long periods of rehabilitation thankfully.

The potholes near me are deep enough to lose a bloody football in. The roads are a bloody long way from safe.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:28 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but when I was riding a BRG triumph to a place with fuck loads of armed police guarding the place and cameras up the bejazzle daily it's hard to argue it's not you or your bike when you get caught speeding 400 yards up the road.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:30 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nute wrote:

I personally know two people who have broken their necks coming off (pushbikes) after hitting potholes. Both ok now after long periods of rehabilitation thankfully.

The potholes near me are deep enough to lose a bloody football in. The roads are a bloody long way from safe.

Presumably they could see before said quadrospazing?

If you hit a pothole on a cycle you aren't riding within the limits of what you are riding.

Same as going round a corner too fast on a bike.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

the idiots around my way cant even see a bloody great car.
its not unusual for one of the lycra twats to be taken to hospital because theyve gone straight into the back of a vehicle thats come to a stop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:24 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nute wrote:

I've known of two people who broke their necks while riding a pushbike down a steep hill with a perfect road surface with no other vehicles anywhere near them.

Which probably demonstrates (other than the power of anecdote) just because you can knock out good times on a turbo trainer, doesn't mean you're a good cyclist because a turbo trainer wont teach you not to sit on the seat and grab the brakes while descending a 1 in 3.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 11 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

One man imagines himself a Tour de France athlete, another man imagines himself to be a hero in a cat-and-mouse chase with the law, another thinks he's a rugged outdoorsman and explorer. All these guys have a lot in common with each other. I try to avoid making any similar choices to any of them, because they're just so monumentally stupid. However, I do wish I could have gone for a ride on Sunday (couldn't as I'm away). First worthwhile weather of the year, that was.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:46 - 12 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
it dont mater if the time of the laser hit dont patch with passing the frount cam

What?

dave001 wrote:
as 99.9percent of scammer vans are maned by cvilian operators
they need that to coberat the speed at that time

Citation?

Nute
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:29 - 12 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Nute wrote:

If you hit a pothole on a cycle you aren't riding within the limits of what you are riding.

Same as going round a corner too fast on a bike.

I don’t disagree, however the expectation when using the road in a vehicle should be that it’s reasonably safe for its intended purpose, not that you are on a fucking it’s a knockout obstacle course.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:47 - 12 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clearly not 'the season' in sunny wiltshire at the moment.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/whatsapp_image_2023-04-12_at_2.44.54_pm.jpeg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 12 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah, "seasons" Neutral You just look outside and decide whether to wear the heavy jacket or the light one Smile

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:00 - 13 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Pah, "seasons" Neutral You just look outside and decide whether to wear the heavy jacket or the light one Smile

... or the heated one Smile - Tested mine out t'other day. 4 hours at full output. £13 off ebay. It'll probably explode and disembowel me at some point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 16 Apr 2023    Post subject: Re: THE SEASON IS OPEN!!! Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
retards... on badly maintained bikes.

That'll be me, then Middle Finger Mr. Green
See if you can spot me around town now that I seem to be getting my mojo back Laughing Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 16 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
Nute wrote:
Be careful as plod can now film you from afar -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-65222222

Amazing that the state has the money to spend on fancy kit when apparently there is no money to maintain the roads in a safe condition.

The state of the roads near me are frankly bloody dangerous to anything with 2 wheels.

they cant use it for evidence of speeding they could use for dangers or carless elect

for speeding thry still need to send a car with vascar or a calabrated speedo

so prity easy to spot cars are easy to spot wankstrains hideing bushs with handeld not so easy

id not shaw about a car behind me i normaly loop back and have a look in it

The police can use 'Measured Mile' and video from a great distance as evidence of speeding.

A camera linked to a computer tracks the vehicle once a reticule is placed over the image.
The computer tracks the vehicle and calculates speed.
The time between the two lines of a measured distance corroborates the computer calculation.

Very simple to operate.

Scamera Vans and Gatzos are cheaper to operate though.
Scamera vans up to 1/2 a mile.
Gatzos and other fixed scameras need the vehicle to be within a closer distance to measure speed.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/cameras/speed-cameras/

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 17 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
dave001 wrote:
as 99.9percent of scammer vans are maned by cvilian operators
they need that to coberat the speed at that time

Citation?

Judging by his spelling he's had more concussions than years of education, You might need to explain the word citation to him. Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:45 - 18 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking I wonder if I can get all the way to Guys Hospital before it rains tomorrow Thinking
I have a meeting at 9am and I can't turn up bedraggled, it's with all the exec team Laughing

I'm not actually sure I can remember how to get there: ... its been so long! Tower Bridge or Rotherhithe Tunnel Thinking decisions, decisions. Not even sure I can do a U-ey on that bit any more anyway.

Maybe it will rain and I shall just battle my way onto the fucking awful Jubilee line to go London Bridge instead.

And where would one park!? My ex husband used to live round the corner just off Bermondsey Street ... I could have parked up there and walked it in five mins. But now he's pegged it, I can't really get away with parking in his car space any more Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 19 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Thinking I wonder if I can get all the way to Guys Hospital before it rains tomorrow Thinking
I have a meeting at 9am and I can't turn up bedraggled, it's with all the exec team Laughing

I'm not actually sure I can remember how to get there: ... its been so long!

Satnav is good. You got one? What you can do is set it to your destination, but don't actually look at it until you get to a waypoint which you already know well (in my case that would be Kensington/Chelsea). Then look at it and follow the route until you get to your destination. Doesn't really matter if the roads have changed and the map's out of date, because you can ride around and work it out by looking at the bird's eye view. I haven't got a solution for secure parking though.

You can just charge it up and keep it on the handlebar in something like this, and take it out when you arrive:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274755683244
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2