Fuel prices

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Fuel prices Reply with quote

What's it like in your area?

Diesel here in MK has finally dropped below £1.50 a litre to £1.47'9. It's been down below that price for a few weeks in Aylesbury and a few outlying areas but it seems the supermarkets in MK like their pound of flesh.

The stupid thing is after being about 20p cheaper, unleaded is only about 3p cheaper at the moment at £1.45. WTF?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:50 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think about 1.40 vs 1.45 (petrol vs diesel) round my way. You can check here:

https://www.confused.com/petrol-prices

Only one free search but you can get round that by clearing the page cookies and refreshing.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid £1.65 a litre to fill my bike up yesterday. BP garage, Super Unleaded. Had to buy there as I had a
flashing fuel light and don't know the bike well enough to know how many miles there are left once it starts blinking.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:23 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I track oil using this app.

OilPrice app - The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News
Download: URL:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=oilprice.android.app

I work for one of the oil companies ARAMCO (probably the biggest of the bastirts). Them and other bastirts made billinns last year. ARAMCO exceeded $650m. (As you'd imagine, most of that was passed on to us as incentives and bonuses. Very Happy )

The cannot get their grabbers on more drilling rigs fast enough.
One of the biggest oil field equipment OEM National Oil Varco (NOV) are building 2 rigs per year in Saudi for our drilling fleet. We are not scrapping the equipment we have. Shocked

Around the Gezga area we are being pumped at the rate of:
ASDA £1.447
ESSO £1.499

I fire ASDAtTesco in the Diesel car.
The bikes get pampered with Big Brand 97 Octopuses though. Cool
Because a Knock Sensor isn't there for nothing.

One mist always remember, petrol stations don't make money selling petrol. Rolling Eyes (More lies than a Scottish political party.)

They must just be convenience stores that sell petrol then.

The base price of oil is around what it is now. $60-70 per BBLS (1 bbls =159 litres)

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.32.9 Diesel

1.38.9 petrol

Bought a Diesel car at Christmas and ever since, diesels been cheaper than petrol, #Britishsuccess
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:57 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
1.32.9 Diesel

1.38.9 petrol

Bought a Diesel car at Christmas and ever since, diesels been cheaper than petrol, #Britishsuccess

Whereabouts is that Rob?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
1.32.9 Diesel

1.38.9 petrol

Whereabouts is that Rob?

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/transport/2023/05/16/bosses-of-shropshires-cheapest-petrol-station-dont-know-why-others-dont-do-the-same/?fbclid=IwAR2SkaxJvZqfJ9fPESPAz85Y1CeyR2VCIIiCvS5awAxyf94Vlyus2AqcpuM
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:16 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1.40 to £1.45 for a litre of unleaded in these parts - South Wales.

Put 16L E5 in yesterday. Just supermarket E5 though not the usual Synergy99.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrol around £1.46 diesel £1.58
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 23 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

135.7 Asda in Hud

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a £ a liter here in Japan. Lulz. Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Road) diesel on fuel card is about 107p+VAT (=128p) - so anyone charging much more than 130p is adding quite a lot on as they shouldn't be paying more than keyfuels.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

Shropshire seems amazingly cheap I have a friend drives down to see his girlfriend (he's 70 Laughing ) fortnightly and regularly taunts us with photos of price board about 25p less than north yorks ... so he fills up down there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tesco £1.38 Diesel £1.35
Esso £1.41 Diesel £1.46

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘Taxes are for the little people’: BP and Shell have paid almost no UK tax in recent years.
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/taxes-are-for-the-little-people-bp-and-shell-have-paid-almost-no-uk-tax-in-recent-years-349492/

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:34 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
‘Taxes are for the little people’: BP and Shell have paid almost no UK tax in recent years.
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/taxes-are-for-the-little-people-bp-and-shell-have-paid-almost-no-uk-tax-in-recent-years-349492/

There special though and we wouldn't have anything without them.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shell had a whole floor for their legal department in Shell Centre when I was there. I suppose they can be used those for tax avoidence schemes when they aren't involved in fcuking over the odd country or legally bribing heads of state. Thumbs Up

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 11 Jun 2023    Post subject: Re: Fuel prices Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
What's it like in your area?

Diesel here in MK has finally dropped below £1.50 a litre to £1.47'9. It's been down below that price for a few weeks in Aylesbury and a few outlying areas but it seems the supermarkets in MK like their pound of flesh.

The stupid thing is after being about 20p cheaper, unleaded is only about 3p cheaper at the moment at £1.45. WTF?

I pay £0.32 per KwH. That makes it £8 per 100km car drive. With the bike the price is £1.45

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 12 Jun 2023    Post subject: Re: Fuel prices Reply with quote

Val wrote:
I pay £0.32 per KwH. That makes it £8 per 100km car drive. With the bike the price is £1.45

At the council owned 50 kW charger I pay £0.00 per kWh and at the Tesla 150 kW charger my company pays £0.44 per kWh.

To be fair, it's just a matter of time before the council changes to a tariff, all the others in central Scotland have but according to the Chargeplace Scotland app I've used 7,863.56 kWh and been invoiced a total of £10.56.

When they make it chargeable I am just going to revert to using the Tesla supercharger at Eurocentral and getting the money back from my work at the end of every month.

EDIT:

Assuming I had went to the Tesla supercharger for that electricity comes to a cost of £3,459.97 divided by the 23,040 miles done equates to £0.15 per mile. Which is dogshit as a diesel car doing 40mpg is £0.16 per mile.

Last edited by Fat Angry Scotsman on 09:47 - 12 Jun 2023; edited 1 time in total

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 12 Jun 2023    Post subject: Re: Fuel prices Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Val wrote:

At the council owned 50 kW charger I pay £0.00 per kWh and at the Tesla 150 kW charger my company pays £0.44 per kWh.

To be fair, it's just a matter of time before the council changes to a tariff, all the others in central Scotland have but according to the Chargeplace Scotland app I've used 7,863.56 kWh and been invoiced a total of £10.56.

When they make it chargeable I am just going to revert to using the Tesla supercharger at Eurocentral and getting the money back from my work at the end of every month.

What's that in mpg?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 12 Jun 2023    Post subject: Re: Fuel prices Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
What's that in mpg?

7,863.56 kWh/ 23,040 miles = 0.341 kWh/mile

So there's no real way to compare it to mpg as they are two completely different energy sources but based on cost of energy:

Average cost per mile for electric car:

Charging at council = £0.00 kWh = £0.00 per mile,
Charging at home on peak = £0.34 kWh = £0.12 per mile,
Charging at home off peak = £0.11 kWh = £0.04 per mile,
Charging at Tesla charger = £0.44 kWh = £0.15 per mile.

Average cost per mile for diesel car:

Assume in all cases an average diesel price paid of £1.42 per litre. Therefore average cost per UK gallon is £1.42 x 4.55 = £6.46 per UK gallon.

Driving at 40mpg = £0.16 per mile,
Driving at 60mpg = £0.11 per mile,
Driving at 70mpg = £0.09 per mile,
Driving at 80mpg = £0.08 per mile.

So it really comes down to how you charge your car. If it's over night on a cheap tariff your running costs are probably half to a third of what a diesel car is.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 12 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very interesting.

Don't get me wrong a Tesla is a very nice car and I'd definitely have one if I could justify it but I could see the cost per mile skyrocketing once the ICE sales have been stomped on in 2030.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 12 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
That's very interesting.

Don't get me wrong a Tesla is a very nice car and I'd definitely have one if I could justify it but I could see the cost per mile skyrocketing once the ICE sales have been stomped on in 2030.

To be honest, this is the first and last Tesla I will ever have. I next car is probably going to be a Porsche Taycan or maybe a Mercedes EQE SUV.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 12 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
That's very interesting.

Only seven years until you can pick one up cheap.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 12 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did notice a sudden influx (no pun) of toy cars (those ones that run on batteries)in Glasgow when I was in town last week.

I probably got skunked for £60 on the new LEZ too.
It's such a great incentive for me to replace my perfectly working car for a newer one.
Fucking Scotch Tomatoes we have in parliament in Scotland.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2