Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 09:53 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
If I take the tablet off him it makes me look bad because I was watching films on mine most of last night.

I wouldn't even rise to it. Any picture of camping is not going to be hardcore enough for the back-in-my-day crowd.

Meanwhile, I specifically remember that back in my day, camping trips always included a gameboy.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:01 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Can you not take the table off him

Laughing

I dare you to.

You'll want to immediately stand well back. Shocked

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My curtains haven't been opened in months

Now that is an admission... Laughing Laughing Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I appreciate the thoughtful replies gentlemen I really do. I can confirm the weight gain is a combination of 12 full
months of complete inactivity, some days I take fewer than 50 steps all day, depressive comfort eating, excess alcohol
consumption, living off of whatever is in the reduced price section which is usually ready meal type stuff. I do only eat
once a day already, I really can't be arsed to make food more often than that. I visit the local shop half a mile away and
drive there and back so I can get back inside my house as soon as possible. My curtains haven't been opened in months.
I've let myself get into such a shit state that I don't even want to go outside anymore.

I got "a bit like that" when I eventually worked out that the Big Fella had left.

Had to fish a cup out of a sink full of two-week old dirty dishes just to make myself a coffee some days. Still only washed the cup, didn't actually *do* the dishes for another week or two. Congratulated self when I finally did. Some weeks I'd only wash knickers so that I had enough clean ones to go to work, nobody else was gonna pay my bills. Walking half a block to the local Londis to buy more cake, or milk for coffee was almost too much hard work. Everything else came from online shopping and even the delivery guy from Dominos/Asda was one person too many to deal with.

Eventually you can come out of it, small steps are indeed the best way forward.
Sounds stupid, but definitely celebrate doing those small steps. Ain't nobody else gonna pat you on the back. So Grr's gotta do it.

Karma congratulate yourself for opening the curtains.
Karma say "well done that man" when you lob an empty baked bean can of into the rubbish bin without flicking sauce onto the wall.
If you do flick sauce on the wall, pat yourself on the back if you can find the energy to wipe it off. If not, no worries, you can always lick it off when you get hungry.
Karma watch a movie that makes you appreciate the life you have, even if you think its shit.
Something about veterans with blown off legs always works for me.
Karma practice not hating yourself: look in the mirror at least once a week and tell yourself "you're alright, you are".
Give yourself a sheepish grin and a thumbs up for talking to yourself in the mirror.
Karma Sit out in the back garden and do nothing but concentrate on breathing for ten minutes.
Zone out the sound of everything except bird song, or motorbikes, whatever floats your boat.
Karma Deny yourself something for a whole day: screen-time, homicidal musings, maybe tell yourself you're not ALLOWED to beat granny to the cheap deals.
Then congratulate yourself : What an awesome bloke! You went a whole day without thinking about garrotting a defenceless old pensioner Laughing
Karma celebrate your insanity but don't publicly crown yourself king of the fools. Nothing more offputting that someone telling you how what a crazy mad bastard they are Puke
Karma reacquaint yourself with the world outside the UK - read some sort of international journal, a paper version not online. Go into WH Smith and just pick one out: doesn't even matter which: New Statesman, Economist, International Affairs - fuck, just buy yourself a copy of Gazzetto dello Sport if you have to .... Just get some news in ya from beyond the borders of the UK.
Have a wank to celebrate once you've had enough stamina to read it from cover to cover.
Karma Tell yourself that being bitter is for beer and dandelion leaves, not sexy beasts.
Karma bask in the glow of success when you pick up your socks and put them in the laundry basket, yay. Grr says: well done that man.

I know how hard it is! I promise, babe. Wub
I will freely admit to having done all of the above, and can recommend them for self-improving attitude towards oneself.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with Hellcat. Having suffered myself, small steps plus physical challenges are what got me out of it. I gave up my role as an office worker and became a postman. 6 months of that over COVID where we couldn't share a van so I used to leave the depot with two full bags sorted me out physically, which meant I was knackered when I got in from work in the middle of the afternoon and needed a kip. I began to value time off, which in turn translated to me valuing life again. Two stone lighter too...

Now I'm working in offices again and all is good, but if I could afford it I'd still be a postman.

Possibly not an answer for everyone, but it worked for me...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh FFS,....................

Beatrix Potter’s famous tales are rooted in stories told by enslaved Africans – but she was very quiet about their origins

How to link something that has no links. But hey, someone will lap it up and say it's facts.

https://theconversation.com/beatrix-potters-famous-tales-are-rooted-in-stories-told-by-enslaved-africans-but-she-was-very-quiet-about-their-origins-202274?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:29 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Uplifting stuff...

I did have a better day yesterday, the sunshine certainly helped. I cut my grass in the back garden, planted
some chilli seeds in small pots on my kitchen window sill, got some bedding washed and dry, popped to the
Co-op and grabbed a couple of bits. A mate of mine who lives nearby texted me at half 11 and asked if I was
up for a little ride out to the pub, he's just bought a new bike and was keen to show it to me. Unable to think
of a legit reason to say no I agreed and we went out and played tag on the bikes for an hour or two and had a
couple of pints of Korev at a lovely quiet village pub. When I returned home I put the bike away and made some
hotdogs for dinner. It was a different mates birthday yesterday but he's a long way from Bristol so we did a
spot of online gaming together in the evening before I developed a crappy headache and had to get myself off
to bed. The most I've done in a single day in months.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipped a tooth on a fruit scone that a neighbour brought over.
that will teach me for eating Costcos dodgy food. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
You consider yourself to be overweight and now you're worried about how others see you?
Trust me, they don't give a shit.

Fair enough mate and I agree with you 100%, but I am going through an archive of old photos I kept on a DVD. I used to look amazing - 6-pack, big pecs, etc. And that was in my 30s. I am basically Mr Blobby now. This is for me not others.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:36 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Stuff

If you want to buy a cycle and stash it in my garage for a ride up and down the kennet and Avon for whatever distance, feel free. Your motorbike will be safe the whole time, just make sur that Mrs Bastard doesn't see you. Someone 6 inches taller than me might float her boat...

I'd be surprised if it does after 20 years of Mr Stubby.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Oh FFS,....................

Beatrix Potter’s famous tales are rooted in stories told by enslaved Africans – but she was very quiet about their origins

How to link something that has no links. But hey, someone will lap it up and say it's facts.

https://theconversation.com/beatrix-potters-famous-tales-are-rooted-in-stories-told-by-enslaved-africans-but-she-was-very-quiet-about-their-origins-202274?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

It's hardly a secret that she was heavily influenced by Joel Chandler Harris who wrote the Uncle Remus tales which were based on plantation slaves' oral tradition. In fact she studies and illustrated some of the Uncle Remus tales.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:00 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good friend got mugged last night. 60 years old, off to work at 11pm (works nights). Stops at a cash point to get £50 quid out. Card in, does the buisness, card out, waiting for money and the bloke behind him who he thought was just waiting to use the machine smacks him over the head with an empty vodka bottle and when he's on the floor, takes the money from the cash point and runs off.

20 minutes for the police to arrive and then gets told, 'It's probably been spent on drugs already, nothing we can do' Evil or Very Mad

Oh yes, I won't tell you what ethnicity he was as I'll be accused of racism.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 08:49 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Oh yes, I won't tell you what ethnicity he was as I'll be accused of racism.

And yet you had to show us your racism anyway, just in case anyone was in doubt.

Criminals come in all colours, sizes and genders.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:20 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
If you want to buy a cycle

Actually, I have a pushbike but it needs to go and be serviced and recommissioned.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:45 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
...11pm (works nights). Stops at a cash point to get £50 quid out.

Going to a cashpoint after dark on your own?! Utter madness. Get with the program, we live in a low trust society now... thanks to diversity Sad

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
...11pm (works nights). Stops at a cash point to get £50 quid out.

Going to a cashpoint after dark on your own?! Utter madness. Get with the program, we live in a low trust society now... thanks to diversity Sad

Less to do with diversity than deprivation, poverty, addiction, homelessness, Brexit, cuts to policing and justice system, lack of support for mental health services do I need to go on?

All caused by 13 years of a corrupt Tory government.

Off you go…....
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:25 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:

Please come round and fuck my wife. while I lick your nut sacks dressed in stubby`s gimp suite, like a good little femboy.

If you think you can fit in my gimp suit you're welcome to suck Grr's balls whilst he fucks you wife. From that you told us in the past you're clearly up for a three way.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Less to do with diversity than deprivation, poverty, addiction, homelessness, Brexit, cuts to policing and justice system, lack of support for mental health services do I need to go on?

All caused by 13 years of a corrupt Tory government.

Off you go…....

LMAO, Labour never did nuffink not never they is all holey angles, innit. Everything was so brilliant with Labour the only way the Tories got in was by rigging elections, I read that on Facebook so it must be true Rolling Eyes

The rot started after WWII and if you want to be really generous maybe the Tories were jogging rather sprinting to the Left-Wing.

High Diversity = Low Trust. Get over it.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:50 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're opinions are hardly treated with respect, what with the whole vaccine cure stuff.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You're opinions are hardly treated with respect, what with the whole vaccine cure stuff.

LMAO... I didn't realise you were so insecure! Could you quote the post that upset you the most, just for research purposes Smile

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:16 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

No shits given, Can you point at the phil schofield teddy where the vaccine hurt you?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
No shits given, Can you point at the phil schofield teddy where the vaccine hurt you?

Are you okay, Nobby? You seem off your game today Sad

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:56 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is turning into a fascinating case study for me.
It is possible that Easy-X recently suffered a head injury or is being subjected to carbon monoxide poisoning. If not, the algorithms on his news sources are working very quickly. At this rate he'll trying to campaign for Trump in about 3 days.

Nobby is right about the credibility. You've become a caricature.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Nobby is right about the credibility. You've become a caricature.

I had credibility before?! All the other bat shit crazy stuff was perfectly fine, that's rather worrying Thinking
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 153 of 177