BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I'm riding from Australia to England

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:16 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the exhaust build video, so that sent me back here.

Good luck with the trip to SA and be good to see how the bike turns out after shipping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.ibb.co/KKDmyJH/352609982-193788400298555-1554694769665705786-n.jpg

As predicted. Delayed in the port, ETA the 14th. This is the view from my hotel room. I can literally see the boat my bike is on, and there it is floundering away like a lil bitch.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely hope that it's not on a Russian Naby Flagship.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 28 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we there yet? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:31 - 29 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are... Kinda.
I tempted fate with the last post. Bike was due to arrive on the 1st, me on the 5th. One of us was on time, guess which one!

3 weeks later... As of Monday, I have the bike.
On the way to Johannesburg now

https://i.ibb.co/fGPd5Vk/20230628-153206.jpg

That's just after Prince Alfreds pass.

Writing this from "jumpers place" which is an awesome hostel. Check it out
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:50 - 29 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're gonna get robbed in JHB. Pls be safe.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 29 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:
you're gonna get robbed in JHB. Pls be safe.

South Africa seems a very strange place.. Some it looks idyllic, some quite normal with malls, and tree lined suburbs, like provincial USA, but mostly it just scares the b'jesus out of me.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:56 - 24 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about this thread. Sadly for you, not dead yet.

Anyway. Last week I rode up Kilimanjaro as far as I could, which was the Shira route, but once I got there I met some Sherpa guys who told me you can get a bit higher from the other side. I wasn't prepared to spend another whole day riding around to there, but it still was pretty great.

https://i.ibb.co/GtNZgZR/Capture.jpg

Anyway. I'm in Nairobi now

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:15 - 04 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure I asked before, whats happening at the end with your bike.

Where are you now Shifty

Enjoyed the latest update Thumbs Up

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. wrote:

Where are you now Shifty

It's on a boat back to Australia as I type in this forgotten thread. You have to return it to your home country or your carnet deposit is forfeit pretty much. There were some somewhat extremely unpleasant events that will be shown in the coming vids though.

Anyway. Here's an episode.

https://youtu.be/pKWrQvw6mMY

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:

It's on a boat back to Australia as I type in this forgotten thread. You have to return it to your home country or your carnet deposit is forfeit pretty much. There were some somewhat extremely unpleasant events that will be shown in the coming vids though.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:51 - 20 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
P. wrote:

Where are you now Shifty

Bruh I watched it when it was released. I dig the funnier side of your editing.

I guess it prevents you from ditching it in a country and just leaving... are you heading back to Aus now or are you in the UK?

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:13 - 26 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. wrote:

Bruh I watched it when it was released. I dig the funnier side of your editing.

I guess it prevents you from ditching it in a country and just leaving... are you heading back to Aus now or are you in the UK?

Yeah pretty much, even though the deposit from Aus is like $500, it's $11k in south africa, go figure.

I'm back in Australia now, waiting for the bike to arrive back on a boat. I'll be back in 2025 though via a different route.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:03 - 09 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
There were some somewhat extremely unpleasant events that will be shown in the coming vids though.

Just seen, damn son.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:10 - 12 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn son indeed.
however...

The video was seen by the right people, and I've had a few calls. The trip may be continuing in the coming months...

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 12 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have I missed here? Didn't I see the bike heading for Dubai, by plane? Confused

Mysteriass
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 12 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

a100man wrote:
What have I missed here? Didn't I see the bike heading for Dubai, by plane?"

What you've missed is an update that seems to have since been removed from the youtube channel.

Mattsprat got his bike shanghai'd before it got Dubai'd; Hostage'd'ed by a malicious shipping company. Who knows what unspeakable things they're doing to it right now on some slightly soggy mattress.

Now he needs a crack commando unit to break it out of a maximum security shipping stockade in the Kenya'n underground by getting locked inside the crate with it and turning it into a battle-bike equipped with rocket launchers and flame throwers with which to avenge its ravaged pipes.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 12 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysteriass wrote:
a100man wrote:
What have I missed here? Didn't I see the bike heading for Dubai, by plane?"

What you've missed is an update that seems to have since been removed from the youtube channel.

Mattsprat got his bike shanghai'd before it got Dubai'd; Hostage'd'ed by a malicious shipping company. Who knows what unspeakable things they're doing to it right now on some slightly soggy mattress.

Now he needs a crack commando unit to break it out of a maximum security shipping stockade in the Kenya'n underground by getting locked inside the crate with it and turning it into a battle-bike equipped with rocket launchers and flame throwers with which to avenge its ravaged pipes.

Pretty much this to a tee. A few days after the video started to get views, I got a call about it. In the video I gave 3 demands as conditions for me to take the video down. After days of "negotiation" and me refusing to move on these conditions, they've said they're going to met these demands and more, so I took it down.

Looks like I'm carrying on in April Thumbs Up

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 13 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
Mysteriass wrote:

Pretty much this to a tee. A few days after the video started to get views, I got a call about it. In the video I gave 3 demands as conditions for me to take the video down. After days of "negotiation" and me refusing to move on these conditions, they've said they're going to met these demands and more, so I took it down.

Ooh - scarey - well done for standing your ground.. fingers crossed..

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 13 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

i subscribed to your channel but never got any notification about a new video.
i miss all the fun Sad

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 13 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:

Will that be the one in the playlist that's hidden?

Spare us a private link then!

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 14 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to sit through a few V10 engine swap videos before April unfortunately.

I'd love to share the video privately but I'm not going to simply because I think it's been dealt with in a relatively ok way, and I don't want to compromise this "deal". Y'all snoozed and lost.

Sadly I don't think it would have been offered if the video hadn't got the "fans" fired up, but I'm not complaining at all. The support has been great.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:27 - 14 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
In the video I gave 3 demands as conditions for me to take the video down. After days of "negotiation" and me refusing to move on these conditions, they've said they're going to met these demands and more, so I took it down.

Laughing no way. The review bomb may have helped Razz

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 14 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. wrote:
mattsprattuk wrote:
In the video I gave 3 demands as conditions for me to take the video down. After days of "negotiation" and me refusing to move on these conditions, they've said they're going to met these demands and more, so I took it down.

Laughing no way. The review bomb may have helped Razz

Definitely did. That and showing up page on page 1 of google. But as I said, if they match what they said, I've got no issues and mistakes happen.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:10 - 14 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope they sort it. Shame it's cut your trip short though, was enjoying it.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4