Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:15 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Robby wrote:
Nobby is right about the credibility. You've become a caricature.

I had credibility before?! All the other bat shit crazy stuff was perfectly fine, that's rather worrying Thinking

We try to give people the benefit of the doubt but you strayed past that a while ago.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:02 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

We try to give people the benefit of the doubt but you strayed past that a while ago.

Is that the royal We?
Or just ... generally those who dress to the left?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww youve upset the boards commies Easy. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A good friend got mugged last night. 60 years old, off to work at 11pm (works nights).

i hope your friend is ok PB?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:53 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

Straight out of the Trump play book. You do know he looks as thick as pig shit to most people?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

The 70s would like their hyperbole back. Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
A good friend got mugged last night. 60 years old, off to work at 11pm (works nights).

i hope your friend is ok PB?

Yes, he's fine. It was more the shock than the injury. I'm sure the bloke who hit him didn't do it like you see in the movies. He only needed butterfly plasters. Oh, and a shaved bit of his head. I know what he will look like if he goes bald. Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 03 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook... So I created an account on Facebook for 2 reasons: 1) to piss about a bit; 2) to sell some bits and pieces (I've accumulated so many bike parts it's kind of shameful, so I'm having a big clear-out). Last time I was on Facebook it was as myself, in 2012. I closed that account and haven't looked back until now. In fairness, I have had some success selling things I'd previously posted on Ebay with no interest. That bit's good. However, the interesting stuff happened when I wanted to buy a part or two. Scammers galore... OK, my account is itself fake, but at least I'll process things through Ebay and not ask strangers to rely on blind trust. But fake accounts designed to win my trust are really something else. They're putting some thought into it, liking all my posts, acting super friendly, and are a fan of all the right things. Bikes, cars, 80s rock and heavy metal, etc. All their photos are stolen photos though. Plus they're messaging me and trying to hold genuine conversations, etc. Crazy stuff. They've deliberately added themselves to (private) groups specific to particular bikes, and this is how I was targeted. I wonder how many normies get scammed for being too trusting, and then don't talk about it, for shame. I was never brought up to get scammed and it's not gonna happen to me. What a world, though. They're in the heads of normal motorcyclists, I reckon. They know what makes people tick.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:52 - 03 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Facebook... So I created an account on Facebook for 2 reasons:
1) to piss about a bit;
2) to sell some bits and pieces (I've accumulated so many bike parts it's kind of shameful, so I'm having a big clear-out).

Last time I was on Facebook it was as myself, in 2012. I closed that account and haven't looked back until now. In fairness, I have had some success selling things I'd previously posted on Ebay with no interest.
That bit's good. However, the interesting stuff happened when I wanted to buy a part or two. Scammers galore...

OK, my account is itself fake, but at least I'll process things through Ebay and not ask strangers to rely on blind trust. But fake accounts designed to win my trust are really something else. They're putting some thought into it, liking all my posts, acting super friendly, and are a fan of all the right things. Bikes, cars, 80s rock and heavy metal, etc.
All their photos are stolen photos though. Plus they're messaging me and trying to hold genuine conversations, etc. Crazy stuff. They've deliberately added themselves to (private) groups specific to particular bikes, and this is how I was targeted.

I wonder how many normies get scammed for being too trusting, and then don't talk about it, for shame. I was never brought up to get scammed and it's not gonna happen to me. What a world, though. They're in the heads of normal motorcyclists, I reckon. They know what makes people tick.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:31 - 03 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're selling stuff using a fake account and directing people to a different platform? Laughing

Fair enough although the point of buying or selling on Facebook is that both parties are local enough that the buyer can come and collect the item.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 03 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
So i kicked her out of the car, at the juntion of the m25 and juntion 13 Laughing

Staines?! - you heartless bastard Laughing
You could at least have kicked her out at Rickmansworth.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

received my first sunburn of the year after spending several hours out in a field.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
received my first sunburn of the year after spending several hours out in a field.

Part time scarecrow?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

Part time scarecrow?

dragged to a dog festival by the wench. to be fair it was more fun than i imagined it would be. at least it was until our mutt finished last place in a scenting competition. Laughing
and the wench won the stand off for the last spicey chicken on chips meal.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

dragged to a dog festival by the wench. to be fair it was more fun than i imagined it would be. at least it was until our mutt finished last place in a scenting competition. Laughing
and the wench won the stand off for the last spicey chicken on chips meal.

Is that a euphanism for a farting competition? Because my old mutt would win the 'vacate a room' version of that hands down. Laughing

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, stabbing like pain in my left thigh right above the knee on a steep incline is grinding my gears. I had to take the rest of my commute very, very slowly. I also ended my commute in a thunderstorm, so the gears of my bicycle also got ground a bit as the rain washed out all the lube. I was soaking wet, I tell you. Anyway, I'm done with cycling for a week or two. Rolling Eyes

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Today, stabbing like pain in my left thigh right above the knee on a steep incline is grinding my gears. I had to take the rest of my commute very, very slowly. I also ended my commute in a thunderstorm, so the gears of my bicycle also got ground a bit as the rain washed out all the lube. I was soaking wet, I tell you. Anyway, I'm done with cycling for a week or two. Rolling Eyes

sounds like a quad strain/tear. I would take easy If i was you, on it. when i done mine i just kept on then knee give way and i was fucked

I tore my knee to shreds. IE torn MCL LCL quad ligament and muscle. not to mention the muscle wasting, where I could not walk for 8 months

and that literally how it started.

then 8 months on crutchs

Thank you for the info, Dave. I'm going to give up cycling for the next few weeks, just to make sure.

I had to use crutches before, almost 4 months (fist sized tear above my right ankle; the bicycle chain slipped and the front sprocket did the rest), so I'm not going there again if I can avoid it. Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having to speak to the Senior Consort again already because yesterday his cat was attacked by a fox (the vet thinks) and has had her front leg amputated.

Poor little Shmi, I am very fond of her.

Frustratingly I am so bent out of shape emotionally about [a lot of stuff lately] that I currently don't have the capacity to cry about things that most other people would, although I'm terribly upset about the poor little thing. Only 8 lives left now!

I decided that I might go back to being nice to him at least for a while until the erstwhile Russian girlfriend turns back up, cos he's not been much of a cat person until recently and he's become very fond of the moggy very quickly and he's probably lonely and worried sick about her. So I can afford to be magnanimous over a traumatised kitty cat.

So now his cat matches my Dennis, the hopalong tripod tabby. He alleges to hate Dennis because she is such a psycho but I wonder if Shmi will become equally as psycho once she has to learn to cope with the PTSD of the missing leg. Thinking Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'm having to speak to the Senior Consort again already because yesterday his cat was attacked by a fox (the vet thinks) and has had her front leg amputated.

I'm sorry this happened to your friend's cat. This must have been most upsetting.

I joined Facebook and Nextdoor recently, and have been seeing lots of posts reporting such things, blaming town foxes for injuries caused to cats.

While it's possible this may have happened, I would hope the vet has diagnosed a specific bite injury as opposed to blunt trauma (for example, from a car), as most foxes do not attack cats. There is clearly competition for food among the primary landed mesopredators in the urban wild in the UK, but foxes attacking cats is rare.

Where I live, there used to be fields that have now been built over by developers, who have constructed very high density housing there. Cats are a favourite pet animal around these parts, and cat ownership does appear to be increasing. However, I will say this. I remember exactly where the foxes used to live. In the most remote places, far from human habitation. Humans came to them and took their habitat away, and they get hit by cars and nobody seems to care. There are also some pretty vicious dog owners out there who actively set out to poison foxes (this is also potentially injurious to cats). It's not natural behaviour of foxes, who cannot risk injury, to attack cats, and I hope the vet took all the facts of the injury into consideration before ascribing causality.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:53 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the vet said that there were puncture marks, so anticipated a predator rather than a car, but also the house is quite close to a large bit of mixed-use parkland so could be any sort of predator, including a dog.
I agree with what you say about foxes, as in all the various parts of London I've lived, there are always many "urban" foxes that have never attacked any of my cats.

Impossible to know really.

I joined Nextdoor myself when I lost a cat about 3 years ago, but recently I've had to dial down the noise in my inbox from that app: its useful in some ways, but I do get a bit tired of all the hand-wringing that people do. At least on Facebook (which I use less and less as time goes by) ... its only your friends or fam whingeing and you can ignore them easily enough, but on NextDoor it can be any random person in your local area, often the sort of people to whom you wouldn't normally give the time of day if you saw them on the street Laughing
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 154 of 176